• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM121: Mao's Valiant Effort! The Forest Pokémon Café!!

fairinium z, psychium z, dragonium? Where are thou?

With any luck, we might see Faba and Mina using them at the league with Acerola using the ghost

Such a pity the cafe scenes were much better than what Mallow was doing

I respectfully disagree with you there but we're entitled to our opinions, would have been nice for the Forest Cafe to have more focus

I like episodes where he does this, makes his character more enjoyable at times

Yeah, usually it's James who gets moments like this out of the TRio members so it is nice that Meowth got a turn at it. Been quite a long time since that really...

For the last couple of episodes I’ve given quite long reviews and I’m kind of tired right now so I’ll just say - great episode, love mallow focus & the trial set up for her. Another episode that exceeded my expectations; good job SM. Also, the final shot had so much energy and I loved it, look how far our gang has come.

Maybe it’s just me but the scene at the end showing that the whole cast have Z-Rings just kinda fell flat to me. The fact that Lillie, Mallow,Sophocles and Lana really aren’t battle oriented, it just feels like a waste for them to have them. Giving them Z-Rings is like giving a customized gaming PC to someone who uses the computer to check social media and occasionally plays some indie games, it’s a waste because they don’t need it.

Last edited:
Okay, so I had a little rest and am back for a part 2. This episode was truly great to watch as it showed such develop in Mallow’s character. In the beginning of SM, Mallow was getting some pretty nice focus, but around the second season she started to stay in the background, so it’s nice to see her come back into the spotlight in season three. The trial that was set up for her was really smart and perfect for Mallow and her aspirations. Oranguru is honestly a pretty fun character in the series and it was really cool to see how his cafe operates on a daily basis. Also, Sun & Moon continues to have great continuity. From the Poni Radishes and the dish Mallow wanted to make from them, Gumshoos’ like of moomoo milk (shown in SM039), the Melemele Greens, and to Grampa Forest, this episode was full of past characters and references. I adore Mallow’s character and this episode highlighted all her loveable traits. Can’t wait to see her use Bloom Doom. Overall, this episode gets a 10/10. I really can’t find anything I disliked about the episode. (I kind of want a “bad” episode now since I’m starting to sound so repetitive). :LOL:

Woohooo! More Passimians! I was really surprised Satoshi didn’t catch one!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom