• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM122: You're Being Watched! Rocket-dan's Alola Forms!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have much information yet, but if Matori is really after Kiteruguma, their options are restricted to:
  • allowing her to go for it (no chance)
  • openly defying the Rocket organisation (possible, but not going to happen without consequences which will be probably tear-inducing)
  • some kind of self-sacrificial feint wherein they leave Kiteruguma (most likely and heartbreaking fo sho)

I doubt whether anything that happens in this episode will be the true kicker, but given that we're in the last stretch of SM and there's no way the TRio's futures can possibly align with permanent bear prisoner status, it will almost certainly set pieces in motion for a future emotional sting.

Does anything there suggest heartbreak?
I'm expecting something comedic like this:
giphy.gif

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender on Serebii:

Musashi and the others have ended up lying to the Rocket Gang Boss Sakaki that they've got Kiteruguma. And as they're panicking about what to do, Matori from HQ comes by to pick up Kiteruguma.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 飯村正之 (Masayuki Iimura)
Animation Director 八角彩香 (Ayaka Yasumi)

Someone on Serebii (of all places, can you believe it?!) raised an interesting point: what if this is used as a lever to put the TRio back in their place as worst Rocket operatives? I wouldn't mind seeing them being broke underdogs again...

Someone on Serebii (of all places, can you believe it?!) raised an interesting point: what if this is used as a lever to put the TRio back in their place as worst Rocket operatives? I wouldn't mind seeing them being broke underdogs again...

In my mind, they are the underdogs of Team Rocket, any other member can do a better job than them as they don't regularly pursuit Ash and his classmates, the only reason Cassidy and Butch failed was when their paths crossed

Bewear is my least favorite character in SuMo, so I cheered when I read the summary until I remembered that there's no way it'll leave the show in such a depressing fashion. So now I'm mad again.

In my mind, they are the underdogs of Team Rocket, any other member can do a better job than them as they don't regularly pursuit Ash and his classmates, the only reason Cassidy and Butch failed was when their paths crossed

Musashi-tachi don't "regularly" pursue Satoshi and his classmates either; in the five months since the beginning of 2019 (so, 18 episodes) they've gone after Satoshi and his pokemon a grand total of two times (SM 103 & SM 117).

That Rocket trio strawman you keep clinging onto is horribly out-of-date.

I wasn't out as long as I thought I would be so am able to add the information

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

Musashi and the others get told by HQ to send Kiteruguma over. Since that's practically impossible for them, they're at a complete loss as to what to do. And then Matori arrives from HQ...

Summary:
Musashi and the others get told by Rocket Gang HQ to send Kiteruguma over. Since they had previously lied to Sakaki and reported to him they had got Kiteruguma, this puts them in quite a spot! They attempt to actually get Kiteruguma, but it proves practically impossible... and as they're struggling against these heavy odds, Matori arrives in Alola from HQ to personally bring Kiterugumaback with her. Musashi and the others would be in deep trouble if their lie got exposed at this point... so what is the plan they ultimately come up with?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Piakchu
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Daisuke Namikawa: Mimikkyu
Rikako Aikawa: Alola Nyarth
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Kiyomi Asai: Matori
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Chinami Nishimura: Rocket Gang Member
Ryota Iwasaki: Rocket Gang Member

I wasn't out as long as I thought I would be so am able to add the information

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

Musashi and the others get told by HQ to send Kiteruguma over. Since that's practically impossible for them, they're at a complete loss as to what to do. And then Matori arrives from HQ...

Summary:
Musashi and the others get told by Rocket Gang HQ to send Kiteruguma over. Since they had previously lied to Sakaki and reported to him they had got Kiteruguma, this puts them in quite a spot! They attempt to actually get Kiteruguma, but it proves practically impossible... and as they're struggling against these heavy odds, Matori arrives in Alola from HQ to personally bring Kiterugumaback with her. Musashi and the others would be in deep trouble if their lie got exposed at this point... so what is the plan they ultimately come up with?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Piakchu
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Daisuke Namikawa: Mimikkyu
Rikako Aikawa: Alola Nyarth
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Kiyomi Asai: Matori
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Chinami Nishimura: Rocket Gang Member
Ryota Iwasaki: Rocket Gang Member
Judging by Jessie's Mimikyu's appearance in this episode, it looks like Rotom Dex will have no dialogues for this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom