• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM124: Perfect Sharpness! Kamiturugi has Arrived!!

A total mess episode of mixture of legendary, mythical and an Ultra Beasts. I just don't know how I'll going to describe it. All, I can say is the Ultra Beasts save the day from total annilation.

Overall, I give it a C+.

Last edited:
So the final episode shows just how good the Ultra Guardians episode are, rather pointless

Kartana was fun to watch at times with its cutting items
And for some reason, the Ultra Guardians didn't catch Kartana and sent it back to an ultra hole, instead, it helped them cut the meteorite.

So Kartana's Ultra Wormhole didn't open anywhere near Rayquaza/Deoxys (now who could have possibly guessed that?). Which, again, as I said in the Preview thread, makes the Rayquaza/Deoxys "subplot" (if you can even call it that) feel completely random and disconnected from the rest of the episode.

Animation and look wise I was expecting this to be really bad considering we got what might potentially be one off animation directors from Korea.

Instead it was surprisingly on the average/passable scale leaving the bad animation fan inside me disappointed.

Otherwise the Ultra Guardian nonsense is finally over (I think).

Thank god because these were really awful for the most part.

Hey, do you remember when that guy was a serious threat to Kaki's family?
Looks like Sauboh just promoted to UG screen, no doubt thanks to his loyalty...
Did we just see the first transgender pokemon character ever?
Deoxys and Rayquaza's fight looks more interesting than the rest of episode.
I didn't know that Mao's Amajo can fly. Nice to know that.
A very underwhelming finale for UG arc, if it's the last one.

Last edited:
Too bad that 3 second scene of Rayquaza and Deoxys fighting detracted from the whole episode...

Fun episode, as good as the other one-shot Ultra Beast episodes but probably not the best.

I like seeing that Lillie was working on Magearna- we should be getting more of those little moments showing ongoing stories moving on in the background. It would have been nice to see Mallow practising her Z-Move or something too.

I like that Kartana tried to cut up the rainbow and instead cut up the fabric of the universe.

I found it funny that Kartana talked and this episode was even awesome!

Furfrou Arceus Style... We so need this to be in the mainline games!

More lackluster Ultra Guardians Filler, to nobody's surprise

Dang shame that only 3 of the Ultra Beasts were even remotely compelling or interesting (Celesteela, Guzzlord, Pheromosa)

Did we just see the first transgender pokemon character ever?
There was a female character that got turned into a dude thanks to the dub getting things wrong back during the OS

Last edited:
All of the Ultra Guardian episodes have been dreadful and filler-like, so I guess I shouldn't have expected anything better from this one. I don't think that the Deoxys and Rayquaza scene was even needed since the meteor could've shown up without them. At least these over the top Super Sentai wannabe episodes are finally over.

Why is the writing in this series just so so so bad? Half of the entire episode consists of Kartana cutting things and leaving people surprised/shocked. Just one or two scenes would have been fine. I've seen this coming since the opening of the episode took so long for this simple introduction.

Overall, it was a lazy writing in an extremely unrealistic sense. Of all places, and I mean the entire world, meteor hitting the Pokémon school was just "OK, I've had enough" coincidence. Taking forever before things sliced in peaces after Kartana cuts them is also kind of annoying.

I doubt myself why I still keep watching this series, honestly. If somebody asked me why I think SM series is one of the worst ones in the entire franchise, this episode is one of the several proofs that I have to hold against.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom