• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM125: Satoshi, Encounter Beyond Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so we do get young Kukui after all. I was kind of disappointed we didn't even get a brief flashback of young Kukui and Guzma in the Guzma episode. I'm kinda hoping we get to see young Guzma here as well but I'm certainly not betting on it.

Celebi transporting someone through time has been played to death and we've also seen other time travel episodes (the one where May's Eevee hatched and the one in XY with Rotom come to mind). I'd rather have a flashback bottle episode with Kukui and Guzma, but I suppose they always want Ash to play a role in some way. Ash interacting with a young Kukui should still be interesting.

Certainly looking forward to this one!

There was several time travel episodes before, it's nothing special.

Last edited:
This is the second time that Satoshi goes over time in this season. But it is a nice thing that we will se celebi again

I don't recall Ash moving through time outside of Movie 12 (without Celebi), but this episode feels cheap for the simple reason that Celebi has no reason to care about Ash meeting kid Kukui.
There's an entire category on Bulbapedia devoted to time travel episodes, if you feel like checking it out.

I had a feeling we’d see a Celebi in Sun and Moon- I should have put money on it!

I just thought a time travel story is the sort of wacky thing we’d get from this series.

I don't recall Ash moving through time outside of Movie 12 (without Celebi), but this episode feels cheap for the simple reason that Celebi has no reason to care about Ash meeting kid Kukui.

Well, in Movie 4 it wasn’t Ash who traveled through time, but Professor Oak. Point still stands with Ash meeting two professors as their younger selves, albeit in different circumstances and times.

Unova and Kalos mythicals are still rotting....Yet I don't know why I care if I'm not a diehard fan of any of them.

Wow, a great idea for an episode. We have time travelling once or twice per series, but this time it will actually impact the plot as we will get probably the most relevant backstory of them all. I was worried that Guzma wouldn't come back until the league, he will likely here his backstory here too. I hope it delivers. And please, no wiggling butts when Ash trains Litten.

It feels weird to have two titles referencing Pokemon movie titles in less than 10 episodes.

Plot twist: Ash's Torracat will be left behind in the past and will evolve into Kukui's Incineroar. So, Torracat was her own rival after all. And that's also why Kukui is hiding the truth about Incineroar, to save them from a possible time paradox.

Would have loved if this plot twist were even possible, but Kukui already has a Litten here...

Not another Mythical Pokemon appearance in SuMo / rehashed Celebi subplot from Chronicles omg. Make it stop.

I did need more Celebi, it's one of my favourite mythicals thanks to that shiny one in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. It really would be a cool thing if Ash's Torracat were to evolve here and inspire Kukui's Litten to become his present day Incineroar.

Maybe it would happen when they're battling Guzma together? If Ash is going back far enough then I might believe it if neither of them recognise him as that same random kid from that one time in their youth. Heck, Ash could even be the one who introduces past Kukui to the idea of an Alolan Pokémon League!

This really is an interesting plot with a ton of potential if you ask me.

Chronicles was over a decade ago

Irrelevant.

and the plot of that episode was completely different from what this episode seems to be.

Oh darn, I must've just imagined that episode and this one both involving a plot where the main character gets thrown into the past thanks to Celebi's time travel powers. :unsure:

Irrelevant.

Oh darn, I must've just imagined that episode and this one both involving a plot where the main character gets thrown into the past thanks to Celebi's time travel powers. :unsure:

It is relevant, as most people watching now haven't seen that episode.

And I'm talking about the circumstances. The Chronicles episode was about Ritchie preventing a Pokemon Center from being shut down. We don't know what this episode is about beyond Ash and Torracat being sent back in time.

This episode sounds like a lot of fun! It seems we’ll get some character development this episode too which is very exciting! I always wanted the games to go further into detail about young Kukui, so it’s really nice that the anime does this. As for celebi appearing, I personally don’t mind it one bit. Celebi is literally the time travel Pokémon. I also think it’s nice that SM is reintroducing mythicals to a newer audience. While the show does have a very large teenage and adult audience, the show is still targeted to children. Correct me if I’m wrong but Celebi hasn’t played a major role in the main series anime since 2005? Not to mention, Generation 7 Games were chock full of mythicals and legendaries. They even distributed a different “special” Pokémon each month. So for me, it makes sense that the SM anime would be heavily focused on mythicals and legends. And to be quite honest, I thought there’d be a lot more... guess there’s still time though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom