• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM125: Satoshi, Encounter Beyond Time!

PkmnTrainerV said:
A trevanant handing out a firium Z?
Of course!

Ramdom Serebi was random, ramdomly appearing and carrying people.
Kukui has an old Zukan in normal book form.
Gao is Satoshi's nickname for little Kukui.
Trevenant is a totem pokemon as we suspected.
It gives off Firium Z as payment for, massages, I think?
Satoshi just got a Firium Z, congratulations Nyaheat fans.
Burnet is really into cooking, for some reason. :rolleyes:
So, did Oji-san just die and turned into a fossil?
So, did Kukui simply forgot about him?
Wait a minute, we never seen the Everstone again...

Last edited:
One of the most peaceful episode and love to see how Professor Kukui learn all the Pokémon moves by books. Ash continue showed himself as 10 year old again by telling himself to become Pokémon Master. But we all know is never come true. Not to mention, glad to see him got another Z-Crystal, which is very random.

Overall, I give this episode B-

If we’re doing the whole “while they were away” episode for next time- just makes me wonder why we didn’t get it for Charjabug’s and Popplio’s evolutions...

Regardless, nice episode with much need Kukui backstory.

Getting Firium Z was as random as hell, so much so that we all expected it. I guess Torracat won’t be evolving after all.

If we’re doing the whole “while they were away” episode for next time- just makes me wonder why we didn’t get it for Charjabug’s and Popplio’s evolutions...

Regardless, nice episode with much need Kukui backstory.

Getting Firium Z was as random as hell, so much so that we all expected it. I guess Torracat won’t be evolving after all.

To me, it feels too late in the series to get a Firium Z

This episode seemed like it was setting up Kukui being Ash's final Alola league opponent and idk how I feel about that. :unsure:

So the purpose of this episode is to forestall complaints that Satoshi never gets a legitimate victory against future League winner Kukui ;)

Just kidding (well, not really but anyway), this was a heart-warming episode. 'Gao' was very cute in a way that is not jarring with his grown-up personality. I don't care how cheesy or predictable it was, it was cool that Satoshi sparks his interest in the idea of a League. They had an interesting conversation there though - Satoshi said he'd battled at lots of gyms all over the place and Gao-Kukui asked if he'd ever won a League... which he did not directly answer! So the writers are as conflicted about the Orange League victory as the fandom are, hah!!

I expected this episode to be 4ever, but condensed into 20 minutes. Fortunately, it turned out to be quite enjoyable. I actually liked how Kukui as a child wanted to face his opponents at full strength, but didn't want to lose, just like how any kid wants to not only win, but feel validated in their win. It really resonated with me. It was rather bittersweet at the end, what with seeing Trevenant's corpse. Looking forward to seeing what Pikachu and the others were doing in the meantime.

Last edited:
Was this the first time that we saw a Pokemon's corpse in the show, in a non-fossil form I mean? When I saw the episode earlier I didn't even realize that the mossy tree that Ash saw at the end was actually Trevenant's remains, so now my mind's kinda blown by how weird it is that a Pokemon's dead body was right there. I actually feel kinda sad about that.

Was this the first time that we saw a Pokemon's corpse in the show, in a non-fossil form I mean? When I saw the episode earlier I didn't even realize that the mossy tree that Ash saw at the end was actually Trevenant's remains, so now my mind's kinda blown by how weird it is that a Pokemon's dead body was right there. I actually feel kinda sad about that.
Lucario died in the eighth movie, but technically we only saw his body turning into crystal or whatever.

Hey, do you remember how everyone criticized Suiren and called her a Mary Sue because she used a Z-move without showing any kind of training to master it? Well, Satoshi just used a Z-move with zero training, and he accomplished it in his first try with ease. So why no one criticized him? Double standards? :rolleyes:

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom