• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM127: Glazio and Lilie! Chasing a Father's Phantom!!

A very emotional and exciting episode, Gladion reunited with his father Zoroark and Lillie finally perform the Subzero Slammer with her lovely snowy. Definitely better than the previous one that is very much meaningless.

Overall, I gave it B+.

Certainly a more enjoyable episode to watch than SM126, was rather sad watching the scenes in the past, was cute to see Lillie as a baby, first time we've seen Mandibuzz since BW

I missed most of the episode live, but the bit when it was announced that the champion would be facing Masked Royal on an exhibition battle piqued my interest.

Not trying to build up false hopes, but it seems like the chances of Ash actually winning the league are higher than ever, especially given that they can easily end the league on a loss with the exhibition match. I honestly don't see them not having the Kukui vs. Satoshi final battle they've been building up to for almost the entire series.

Much, much better than last week's excuse of an episode that might send the anime to Disney Junior if dubbed.

Just random gushing: So, Gladion has an Umbreon, and recovers his father's Zoroark. And we know Lusamine has an Absol. If Lillie gets herself a Dark-type...

It looks like the arc with Mohn might be held after the league. I was frankly hoping he'd be found in this episode, but let's just hope they'll bring him back. Especially with too many ongoing arcs right now involving three Mythicals and Team Skull.

Not trying to build up false hopes, but it seems like the chances of Ash actually winning the league are higher than ever, especially given that they can easily end the league on a loss with the exhibition match. I honestly don't see them not having the Kukui vs. Satoshi final battle they've been building up to for almost the entire series.

If Ash wins the league, Tarzan returns to Kingdom Hearts.

Why did that Mandibuzz try and mug Gladion on the beach? Oh well, more moves Bulbapedia won’t acknowledge even though we know exactly what they are...

Basically this was “get hyped” the episode. And it got me hyped! The Alola league looks amazing, Gladion and Zoroark reuniting was intense- kind of cool that Gladion’s scene were all separate from the rest of the episode.

Seemed like Mallow was gonna preform her Z-move and Lillie would be left as the last one; she and Snowy looked epic preforming it though!

Yeah, maybe Ash will win the league but I don’t think a victory at Manalo stadium grants you entrance into the champions league, not until Gyms or an official Trial based entry system is put in place. Won’t devalue Ash’s victory though...

Notice how Ash’s Alola Pokemon don’t seem that bothered about the league? Is that not amazing attention to detail? Why would they be as pumped as Pokemon from previous series?

I am excited for this- episode got my hyped from Cornwall to Edinburgh! (That’s a British cross-country train for all you yanks)

Never in a hundred million years.
That was the point. Ever since the Sinnoh League, KH fans have made joke suggestions over Tarzan returning if Ash wins a league.

Yeah, maybe Ash will win the league but I don’t think a victory at Manalo stadium grants you entrance into the champions league, not until Gyms or an official Trial based entry system is put in place. Won’t devalue Ash’s victory though...
Better hope winning leagues would be bragging rights at worst. Letting Ash win will raise the anime's prestige, confirm the writers learned from Kalos, and show that over 20 years of waiting will pay off. But given the Tarzan comment, I'm not holding my breath.

If I get it right, the winner of this league will battle Royal Mask?
So...does that mean Satoshi will be the winner?
I was expecting Lilie to accoplish it in a more dramatic scene.
Why does baby Lilie's looks ultra realistic? Weird.

So I don’t understand if Ash wins the league he will battle mask royal does that mean he can still win this league to be elite four?????

I missed most of the episode live, but the bit when it was announced that the champion would be facing Masked Royal on an exhibition battle piqued my interest.

I’m hoping he wins but I think he will loose or decline

this episode was great and emotional, as Gladion agreed to join to find the missing father who had disappeared. And Lillie performed Icium-Z move for the first time, unlike Mallow's Tsareena, which falied to perform the Bloom Doom.
I'll give this episode a B+.

If Ash wins the league, Tarzan returns to Kingdom Hearts.

Well, guess what? Nope! He will never win. Last League arc in Kalos, Ash lost the finals by Alain's Charizard.

...I eagerly await Ash to somehow win the league, lose to Masked R, and fans to claim that he lost the league.

(Ash needs to ask Goku how people like him as much when he wins tournaments about as frequently. Perhaps he just needs to have a son to become a memetically bad father to as to deflect from it).

It looks like the arc with Mohn might be held after the league. I was frankly hoping he'd be found in this episode, but let's just hope they'll bring him back. Especially with too many ongoing arcs right now involving three Mythicals and Team Skull.
The Mohn stuff could easily be used to fill the time before Ash moves to Galar. It already sounds like a more promising post-League arc than what Best Wishes pulled on us.
Why did that Mandibuzz try and mug Gladion on the beach? Oh well, more moves Bulbapedia won’t acknowledge even though we know exactly what they are...
Maybe Gladion passed through its territory or something?
Notice how Ash’s Alola Pokemon don’t seem that bothered about the league? Is that not amazing attention to detail? Why would they be as pumped as Pokemon from previous series?
I think they just thought their Trainer was overreacting.

The Mohn stuff could easily be used to fill the time before Ash moves to Galar. It already sounds like a more promising post-League arc than what Best Wishes pulled on us.

Maybe Gladion passed through its territory or something?

I think they just thought their Trainer was overreacting.
Could be it was testing his strength and making sure who was he

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom