• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM127: Glazio and Lilie! Chasing a Father's Phantom!!

After the soul sucking mess that was last week's episode, this was quite the nice refresher to soothe the bad taste away. Happy to see that Gladion has reunited with Zoroark again.

This episode is a perfect example of what a juxtaposition this saga can be...

The Lillie and Gladion parts were great, beautiful in both emotional impact and animation...then you have the rest of the characters being goofy as can be while burying us under meme faces. :sick:
Also, we finally get someone joining the the League even LESS deserving than Lillie, Sophocles and Mallow. The worst part is that Faba will probably be the one the finally use Shattered Psyche...

Though I'm pleasantly surprised Magearna wasn't reactivated. At least they're taking it one step at a time. My suspicions of an arc where the Mythicals save the day just increased...<_<

Also...i-is it...bad that I'm glad Mallow failed Bloom Doom? :confused_emoji:

Chasing a phantom indeed, because this episode was dead boring. What was the whole point of the Magearna hype in the summaries and previews if the actual episode wasn't going to focus on Magearna activating? Why do we have to wait even longer for that moment, when SuMo is on its last legs?

Chasing a phantom indeed, because this episode was dead boring. What was the whole point of the Magearna hype in the summaries and previews if the actual episode wasn't going to focus on Magearna activating? Why do we have to wait even longer for that moment, when SuMo is on its last legs?

We've got 4 and half more months, plus the timing of the league confirms there'll be another arc after it...

Yeah, Ash will definitely not win the League and Kukui will face someone else. My money's on Gladion. And I still think they're trying way too hard to make Z-moves seem more difficult to use than they actually are. If TR can do a Z-move on their first try, it really undermines the need for training to master one.

Why? Ash was beaten by Gladion in their last battle. It wouldn't be overly surprising for him to defeat him this time around.
I just don’t feel Ash deserves to win over him. I like Gladion far more than Ash in this saga and would hate for him to lose against him. I also don’t trust the writers to not pull a Deux Ex Machina in the battle, judging the rest of the series.
But I'm mentally preparing for Gladion to lose since Ash is really likely to be in the top 2/winner to battle Kukui.

I just don’t feel Ash deserves to win over him. I like Gladion far more than Ash in this saga and would hate for him to lose against him. I also don’t trust the writers to not pull a Deux Ex Machina in the battle, judging the rest of the series.
But I'm mentally preparing for Gladion to lose since Ash is really likely to be in the top 2/winner to battle Kukui.
Why haven’t gladion Pokémon have their own pages of history and personality they shown their personalities when focus why not give it to them honestly they have it shown

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom