• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

PREVIEW: SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galar Adventurer

Credit for avatar artwork goes to Masaaki Iwane
Reaction score
Airs June 30, 2019
Episode info and translation credit goes to Dephender.

Satoshi and the others have finally arrived at Manalo Stadium, where the Alola Pokémon League will be held.
But the Rocket Gang and the Skull Gang are there as well!!

As a bit of trivia, this episode's Japanese airing will take place 3 years after the Kalos League which began on June 30, 2016 in Japan.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Here we go. Episode #1 of the Alola League. Hopefully its ending won't be as big of a disaster as the Kalos League's end.

It kinda makes it more exciting knowing Team Skull is gonna be here.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I need to know what does ‘Team skull’ mean... the three grunts or Guzma and co.? Because if its the former its going to be meh, but if its the latter then we’re getting some good stuff.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Can't say I'm looking forward to this league, hopefully it exceeds my expectations

Wonder what Team Skull are doing there, maybe Guzma is taking part

Reaction score
This early? I certainly wasn't expecting the League to come this early. They must have a lot planned for post-League content.

Diamond & Pearl

Reaction score
Ash plz bring back some of your older mons (like Goukazaru) it's been 2 generations without them :cry:

Goukazaru vs. Kukui's Gaogaen in the finals, that's the dream...

Meltan will not evolve before the League??

Also, if SM ends at 138, the League will last for about 7-8 episodes.

Diamond & Pearl

Reaction score
I doubt it will last that long, I don't see a lot of battles, or long ones at least
And that's why I explicitly said if SM ends at 138. A more than three episodes long closure arc after the League seems too long.

KrspaceT

Reaction score
....I'd actually be interested in seeing a longer league because I am pretty sure Pokemon's the only series that doesn't have long tournament arcs. Seriously, especially if they are going to have more characters in it they can afford a few more episodes to it.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Goukazaru vs. Kukui's Gaogaen in the finals, that's the dream...
Infernape's my favourite Pokemon owned by Ash, but Torracat does not need to have its ONLY (literally) opponent for this series handled by someone else...
Its going to be the worst disgrace in this series for me if they only had Torracat get any focus and battle literally ONE person and that too is handled badly.

Torracat's on the verge of being the worst handled starter for me, and if it doesn’t get battled at the league...

Diamond & Pearl

Reaction score
Torracat does not need to have its ONLY (literally) opponent for this series handled by someone else...
Gaogaen is too lit to become Nyaheat's literal opponent... That cat had more charisma and character before it evolved... Nyaheat is such a sad case that it even makes Torkoal look good... And SM125 won't change my opinion on it I reckon.

Last edited:

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
I highly doubt that the series will turn battle-heavy all of a sudden. There are things to do after this league is wrapped up.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
I feel so bad for Hau.

One of the more enjoyable Pokèmon rivals in the game and yet anime-wise, he has had ONE, just one single episode with no time whatsoever to give him some extra appearances (Cameron, Sawyer, even Gladion).

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Guess they're naming the stadium Manalo after the festival featured during the Necrozma arc

HiroHunter

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
Well from the line up of "trainers" we have this league is going to be a car crash.

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Since Ash and his classmates will be competing in this league, the only problem is the full team of six Pokemon. I mean, Ash has 5 Pokemon, Kiawe has 2, not counting his Charizard, Sophocles two, Lana 2, Mallow 1, and also taking care of Shaymin, and Lillie with just one Pokemon. A trainer must have a full team in order to compete to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.