• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me, is this the first saga where a companion has a fully evolved starter and Ash doesn’t? I can’t think of any other time that’s happened.

I blame the fact that this anime is so overblown in advertisement that it gets in the way of what could be good development. I mean, what, do they think that people will drop the series in droves if the damn sleeping owl were to actually evolve? Priorities are so skewed here.

Um I dunno about that. According to an Anime Leaker who popped up back in 2017, this is what he had to say.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-29 at 6.54.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-29 at 6.54.43 PM.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 101
Um I dunno about that. According to an Anime Leaker who popped up back in 2017, this is what he had to say.

How is this a reputable source? I mean, what else has this person revealed about the anime that has been proven correct other than what was in that post? I tend to not take 'leakers' seriously in general, especially when they use words like 'retarded' and use improper grammar.

How is this a reputable source? I mean, what else has this person revealed about the anime that has been proven correct other than what was in that post? I tend to not take 'leakers' seriously in general, especially when they use words like 'retarded' and use improper grammar.

Neither do I, since its on a toxic site like 4chan where anyone can stay anonymous, but I'm still surprised this guy got it right. Anyway here is another preview.

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1145116753296424961

That pretty much proves the point that I was making. They allow popularity to dictate story development. It basically says right there, despite the Rowlett line being popular, because Rowlett is deemed the most popular form, it dictates that Ash’s must remain in that form basically for pandering at the expense of its potential. Now it would one thing if it were like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Snivy where in spite of being in stage 1 their maturity and ability are present that they don’t need much growth that evolution would bring but instead, it’s basically just like Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin where it’s basically just a gag character kept in that form with the growing up aspect of evolution wasted.

That pretty much proves the point that I was making. They allow popularity to dictate story development. It basically says right there, despite the Rowlett line being popular, because Rowlett is deemed the most popular form, it dictates that Ash’s must remain in that form basically for pandering at the expense of its potential. Now it would one thing if it were like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Snivy where in spite of being in stage 1 their maturity and ability are present that they don’t need much growth that evolution would bring but instead, it’s basically just like Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin where it’s basically just a gag character kept in that form with the growing up aspect of evolution wasted.

I mean that's in literally every series. That's business. Ash only has most of his team Fully Evolved in Sinnoh or Kalos because his pre-evolved mons weren't that popular and their evolved forms were, contrary here, Rowlet is a big merch seller, not that it means much since he's gonna kill Hau and Deciduye anyways cuz plot calls for it. That's how they run the show and they've been doing it for 23 years.

I mean that's in literally every series. That's business. Ash only has most of his team Fully Evolved in Sinnoh or Kalos because his pre-evolved mons weren't that popular and their evolved forms were, contrary here, Rowlet is a big merch seller, not that it means much since he's gonna kill Hau and Deciduye anyways cuz plot calls for it. That's how they run the show and they've been doing it for 23 years.
Which is honestly a shame especially when we’re off the heels of the likes of Kalos where we saw his team truly grow only for them to basically give him a plushy squad in the very next region. Frankly I find the fact that Ash is the main character but isn’t really allowed to have much thrown his way due to such restrictions to be terrible writing especially when you look the people who are his rivals and have so many amazing Pokémon at their disposal. It never quite feels like he’s their equal. And don’t even get me started on how the Pokémon Adventure manga demonstrates how he’ll never stack up.

That doesn't even sounds like a leak, more like an assumption based on popularity. And I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules to post a post like that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom