• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have also liked Ash using Incineroar and Malicious Moonsault in the league and the dynamic of him, Hau and Lana having all the fully evolved starters, but oh well...
That reminds me, is this the first saga where a companion has a fully evolved starter and Ash doesn’t? I can’t think of any other time that’s happened.

Rowlet is probably the most popular Pokémon of this gen after all, worst case scenario 2nd best behind Mimikyu. I blame people's obsession with cute birds for this.
I blame the fact that this anime is so overblown in advertisement that it gets in the way of what could be good development. I mean, what, do they think that people will drop the series in droves if the damn sleeping owl were to actually evolve? Priorities are so skewed here.

After three complete months thinking Kukui will be a participant, now he's the prize. The bad writing hurts my brain...

Anyway, I'm mixed on the idea of an OS/AG style pre-league episode about meeting the rivals and watching the opening ceremony, with Team Skull instead of Team Rocket. It makes for some great interactions, and poor Hau really needs it, but if they rush a battle in the future because of this I will be pissed.

After three complete months thinking Kukui will be a participant, now he's the prize. The bad writing hurts my brain...
I think it makes sense. In the games, Kukui didn't want to be the Champion of his own League anyway, so it'd make sense for him to just want to battle the strongest Trainer in the tournament.

That reminds me, is this the first saga where a companion has a fully evolved starter and Ash doesn’t? I can’t think of any other time that’s happened.
The only other time a companion even got a fully evolved starter was AG, as far as I remember, so, yes.

Yup. But the series isn't over yet. Torracat could still very well evolve.
But the changes are really, really slim. I’m not going to expect an evolution so the series can’t disappoint me even more. I was already disappointed expecting:
  1. Expecting Poipole not to be released
  2. Expecting Poipole to return
  3. Kartana getting more focus
  4. Torracat battling someone not named Masked Royal.
  5. Ash getting a sixth Pokemon.

So I’ve learnt to keep my wishful thinking down in this saga to keep me less negative, and Torracat evolving is just the kind of wishful thinking that has a 90% chance to disappointing people.

Hope for it by all means, but I’d rather not encourage others to consider it a serious possibly at this point.

Last edited:
Poipole returning?

Image result for it's just not realistic gif

I mean okay, it probably still has the highest chance of coming back compared to something like Goodra or Greninja (lol), but you would think that something like that would've been hinted at by now.

I think it makes sense. In the games, Kukui didn't want to be the Champion of his own League anyway, so it'd make sense for him to just want to battle the strongest Trainer in the tournament.
I agree, I actually suggested it like a year ago as it would prevent Kukui from looking selfish (through he still seems kinda selfish, the writers should say that he won another league or a Battle Frontier or something like that). The problem is that I feel that is coming from nowhere, as it contradicts some stuff that was mentioned back in SM115.
I mean okay, it probably still has the highest chance of coming back compared to something like Goodra or Greninja (lol), but you would think that something like that would've been hinted at by now.
-It appears in Your adventure during the Ash's team montage, and the way he appears seems like its greeting the group.
-It has its own scene in the version 2 of Twerp, Twerpette, which actually was added after it left.
-Its drawings appeared in SM125.

I don't want to give hopes to anyone, but Poipole's not forgotten. If the writers eventually make up their minds about full battles in this series I have no doubt that Poipole will appear.

"But Mallow hasn't fleed her Shaymin yet!" - according to confused people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom