• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the PokeBase guy competing?

Doesn't he have a lucrative sports career?

Why waste it on the equivalent of a minor league sports tournament?

He's here to go down quick (probably to make one of the girls or a member of the TRio look good), show off the Snorlax Z-Move again, and take out some of the crown while he's at it. Ditto DJ Leo, the Something Expert, the Hiker, Hiroshi, and Principal Oak.

There are 24 people in that picture, but with 16 making it...

I shudder to think how bad it'll be for the other 127 poor dopes who will REALLY go down like total punks o_O
Not since the Showcases have we had so many people show up just to be space fillers.

Come to think of it...how many participants WERE in the previous Leagues anyway???:unsure:

He's here to go down quick (probably to make one of the girls or a member of the TRio look good), show off the Snorlax Z-Move again, and take out some of the crown while he's at it. Ditto DJ Leo, the Something Expert, the Hiker, Hiroshi, and Principal Oak.

I shudder to think how bad it'll be for the other 127 poor dopes who will REALLY go down like total punks o_O
Not since the Showcases have we had so many people show up just to be space fillers.

Come to think of it...how many participants WERE in the previous Leagues anyway???:unsure:
I think around 100 trainers.

That's because the team flare arc was right after it. All SM got is Mohn and that's it.
Who knows, there may be sth like m19
and if it does end at 138 it will still have 2 SS

Kalos 64
Unova 128

Hoenn had 500+ trainers and Kanto had 256. Johto had 200+, I think. Unova was 128, Sinnoh and Kalos both had 64. So the Alola League's in the middle as far as number of participants are concerned.

Weird, those images don't show anything noteworthy that we didn't already know about. Usually that site at least has a couple of interesting images per episode, but this time pretty much everything on there was already shown in the preview this past weekend.

Something I don’t get is why battling the Masked Royal is such a big prize when seemingly anyone can just go to him and request a fight at any given time.
I suppose even though challenging Masked Royal is technically possible in a Battle Royal, it's just not the same for a regular/full battle, without having to face 2 other trainers simultaneously as well, and only use 1 pokémon.

I think it's only a big deal because of his involvement in setting up the Alola League in the first place.
For the rest of the world, its Kukui's involvement in setting up the league, not the Masked Royal's, so it doesn’t make much sense when viewed that way.

Alola league looks interesting but weird.

Last edited:
Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

View: https://imgur.com/mAtiHaZ

The Curtain Rises for the Alola Pokémon League!!
The first Pokémon league in the Alola region! A must see from the very first episode on!!

The preliminaries is the greatest Battle Royal ever, with an incredible 151 participants!!
The league begins with the preliminaries! It's a fierce fight where all the participating Pokémon and Trainers battle each other indiscriminately!!

Who will battle who? An unpredictable melee!!
*Only 16 can remain for the finals! And Satoshi and Pikachu are aiming for their first victory as well!
*You have no idea when and from where your opponents will attack!
*This is a continuous series of battles where you can't be unobservant for even a second!

Don't miss the episodes airing June 30th and July 7th!

Who will continue on to the knockout round?!

Here's our picks for competitors to pay attention to! But how will things really go?!

Gladio: Satoshi's rival!
Guzma: The boss of the Skull Gang!
Hau: Hala's grandson! Highly skilled!
Ilima: The favorite!
And there's Satoshi's friends from the Pokémon School, too!

Satoshi: We won't lose to anyone either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom