• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

BigDocFan

Reaction score
What a boring episode, the only thing I enjoyed was Team Rocket's reaction to the trainer's Stufful, thinking Bewear was going to show up

Ulu's appearance was wasted

Singaporean

Reaction score
A slow pace exciting episode. Where everyone of it are now inside it. But we all know, Ash is going to lose. Worse part of the episode will be the off screen of Gladion and Team Rocket defeated Team Skull Grunts.

Overall episode: B-

KyseL

Reaction score
Ditto. But next week there'll be more battles during the Alola Pokemon League unless they don't make them short.
Pretty much this. The actual league is officially starting next week, so when it comes to battles at least for the following weeks we should have plenty.

I do expect a lot of very short battles next episode, though, but that doesn't mean they won't probably take up most of its time anyway.

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Lol, poor Mamane, replaced by Hau.
Looks like Guzma and Kukui had a bad break-up.
Kukui is traumatized for life, I wonder why.

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
Next week on sunday, this will be excited for the Alola League. Who agrees with me?

Oh, and this episode was nice as always, but just seen a smaller Marenie than Meowth. I give this episode a B.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
I’m just sat here on a couch about to give the greatest sigh in the world that they didn’t do a Kalos and rush everything just to get to the battles early. That’s the one thing that this league has over that one (though it could all change with next week’s episode.

for the love of god don’t pull something silly on us Junichi)

Akemi Omode must have bought a notebook with him and scribbled down:

“Top 5 to do things for the first part of a League episode”

“1: Do not rush things to the max”

As per usual, Guzma was the highlight of the episode and it was interesting to see
that he and Kukui were previously Hala’s students.

Boruto

Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ Oᴺcᴱ
Reaction score
The previews sure made this episode seem a dozen times more exciting than it ended up being. I almost fell asleep during the first half, and I only stopped dozing off because we got that short scene featuring Guzma and Prof. Kukui in the past. For a league debut episode, this felt more like sitting in a dental office waiting room while reading old copies of National Geographic magazine.

Reaction score
Omg I can't believe people didn't love this like I did?!

Forget Kukui and Burnet, Kukui x Guzma is now the ship to beat! What a tense, beautiful, heart-stopping break-up they had! I have had to listen to all the best hits of Keane to absorb my melancholic romantic feelings after that :cry::love:

TRio were totally priceless today:
  1. THEY BUILT KITERUGUMA A FUDGING ONSEN OMG THE POST CREDITS AS WELL KILLED ME
  2. Them being all professional and customer service-y before kicking Skull ass, ugh <3
  3. When Musashi was complaining about Skull being predictable losers and Sonansu was freaking at her hypocrisy omg my introspective blue blob!!
It was really fun seeing lots of old characters as well. It genuinely makes me feel excited for the League. I reckon we've all set out bars so low that we're going to end up with a pleasant surprise now. Here's hoping!

Boruto

Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ Oᴺcᴱ
Reaction score
A small detail I noticed with this shot...

One is missing. Foreshadowing?
I mean, there's only one realistic option for Sandy to evolve into given Lana's type specialty, so this foreshadowing is kinda inessential imo. It's the equivalent of predicting that the sun will come out tomorrow.