• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that since this is a battle royale, we might see the competitors split into small alliances to take on other opponents with ease and not have to worry about fighting one on one. Basically a tame Pokemon version of that Japanese movie Battle Royale (and its ripped off copy The Hunger Games). At least that's what I'm hoping to see unless it's against the rules of the survival round for people to form little groups.

I just realized that since this is a battle royale, we might see the competitors split into small alliances to take on other opponents with ease and not have to worry about fighting one on one. Basically a tame Pokemon version of that Japanese movie Battle Royale (and its ripped off copy The Hunger Games). At least that's what I'm hoping to see unless it's against the rules of the survival round for people to form little groups.
Now THAT could be super cool.

I would love to see something like that. I could easily see the classmates forming an alliance to, if not necessarily take out the other competitors, at least cover each other so that they all move on to the knockout rounds.

I would love to see something like that. I could easily see the classmates forming an alliance to, if not necessarily take out the other competitors, at least cover each other so that they all move on to the knockout rounds.

That actually sounds like a great idea, has potential

Well, this will be a hell of the Contestants for the Alola League.

If I was really excited before, then I have no idea how to express my excitement now. A Battle Royal for the preliminaries is so obvious yet I never thought of it. The fact that we get 16 finalists pretty early on either implies that the next few episodes will be greatly detailed and animated in showing the main character’s battles and journeys throughout the league, or be very rushed and hardly scratch the surface (I’m hoping for the former in case you couldn’t tell). All in all this league piques my interest greatly. While I do like tradition, it is pretty cool to see things shaken up a bit.

Though I am surprised that there are only 151 entrants considering anybody on the island(s) who has access to a Pokémon can compete in the league. I get that they wanted to make a pun out of the original 151 but still, rather odd.:wynaut:

At first I thought this Battle Royale idea was stupid, but I'm warming up to it the more I think about it. It's something completely new we've never seen before, and at this point I'd rather see something refreshing than yet another tournament bracket league (although I like tournament brackets too). My favourite league is the Johto League and it also did something different with its round-robin style tournament in the first few rounds. The matchup thing of this Battle Royale also has potential for a lot of interesting matchups, it actually reminds me of that double battle tournament from DP.

With SM's record breaking amount of recurring characters, I'm betting we'll see a lot of them (unfortunately) as background fodder during the Battle Royale.

I still think this League has the potential to be one big trainwreck, but with this new information I think it also has the potential to be somewhat interesting (at the very least).

As lacklustre the league is, Battle Royale is something that works. It feels natural enough for me to, maybe I was even subconsciously expecting it...

It’s better than thousands of OHKO 1vs1 battles to get rid of the non-battlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom