• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about the 151 Pokémon at alolha league

They all battle at the same time like dragon ball z super had the tournament of power of 80 opponents as battle royal How this work Pokémon battle themselves with out trainers

Maybe I don't remember well, but have they ever competed as a duo in a previous tournament? Not counting any double battles of course.
@TRNatalie reminded me of this:
With them, anything's possible right? :p

But still, I think it's more likely that they'll initially compete separately and one will get knocked out in the Battle Royal stage, so that for the main showing the other one can take their entire gamut of pokemon. (Partly because surely you can't have knockout matches being less than 3vs3?!)

I'd like this to be Kojiro because Musashi's has aaaaaaaaaalllllllllll those contests and a Grand Festival under her belt, but Mimikyu and Sonansu make a MUCH more formidable team than Hidoide +/- Nyasu. However, what if each entrant is only allowed one pokemon at the Battle Royal stage? Mimikyu is a loose cannon and Musashi anyway doesn't really know how to use it, or even Sonansu for that matter, in battle. Hidoide isn't an outstanding battler but Kojiro is a good trainer and arguably a much better strategist than Musashi.

I find it hard to believe that top 16 wouldn't include all of Satoshi's classmates. Lilie is the most likely one to be beaten out of them, and I believe that, no one would expect her to be eliminated in the first episode.

This picture reminded me of how WTF Kanto was sometimes xD How did Trio incapacitated Giant (furthermore what happened to him afterwards), why did Sawamular listened to them, why were they allowed to continue in the tournament even after being discovered, etc xD

Anyway this episode's premise sorta shows that this league might be as rushed as the previous ones, not anything I didn't already expected. But as others said, the battle royale round is at least very original.

Anyway this episode's premise sorta shows that this league might be as rushed as the previous ones, not anything I didn't already expected. But as others said, the battle royale round is at least very original.

Yeah. heck, if this was any other episode of story arc I'd be excited about a large number of Pokemon having it out. Especially with the battle drought that plagues this saga. But it happening for the League is iffy at best...
(They just HAD to make this a potential dumpster fire for a Gen 1 reference:cautious:)

Here's my thoughts on this. I see this as an ok way of cutting down on filler battles, especially if they get Soph, Lillie, and Mallow out. Let everyone else who have 3+ Pokemon advance and the top 16 could actually be decent. However that doesn't change the fact that unless Ash uses past Pokemon or gets Poipole back, he's going into this with only 5 Pokemon. I don't like that just as I didn't like it in Kalos when he only used 6 total Pokemon. This isn't a problem unless he advances far which . . . I'm inclined to say he make semis at least only because NOBODY ELSE HAS MORE THAN 3 KNOWN POKEMON!!! OOPS!!!

Here's my thoughts on this. I see this as an ok way of cutting down on filler battles, especially if they get Soph, Lillie, and Mallow out. Let everyone else who have 3+ Pokemon advance and the top 16 could actually be decent. However that doesn't change the fact that unless Ash uses past Pokemon or gets Poipole back, he's going into this with only 5 Pokemon. I don't like that just as I didn't like it in Kalos when he only used 6 total Pokemon. This isn't a problem unless he advances far which . . . I'm inclined to say he make semis at least only because NOBODY ELSE HAS MORE THAN 3 KNOWN POKEMON!!! OOPS!!!

This league might not even involve any full battles anyway judging by the fact that literally none of the known competitors have a confirmed full team. Regardless, Ash isn't going to call back any of his old Pokemon imo, otherwise that would've been mentioned in the summary of SM128 since that's when the league premieres and when Ash should've finalized his team.

We don't know the rules, but my wishful thinking regarding Team Rocket is that Jessie and James will be competing separately, but during the Battle Royal there will be no rules against teamwork and thus Jessie and James will help each other, even using Z-moves together (and lending their Z-ring). And then during the one-on-one battles they will be able to use each other's Pokémon (unless they're battling at the same time, but the writers will manage it if they want to do this).
Now, what I would also love love love, but know that's almost 100% unlikely, is that if Ash brings his old Pokémon from Oak, then Jessie and James will also bring their old Pokémon from TR's HQ. And we would be able to see Seviper fighting side by side with Mimikyu :) But this is just me dreaming.

This league might not even involve any full battles anyway judging by the fact that literally none of the known competitors have a confirmed full team. Regardless, Ash isn't going to call back any of his old Pokemon imo, otherwise that would've been mentioned in the summary of SM128 since that's when the league premieres and when Ash should've finalized his team.
Well, if I'm not wrong, I think that Alain didn't have a full known team before the Kalos league final (some of his pokemon were known, but not all of them). And, actually, rivals using new pokemon for the first time during the league is something they have done in probably every league. So, they can easily make non-companion rivals have full teams. But they can't do that with the companions, as it would be weird 'cause it would mean that they have caught new pokemon offscreen.

My point is that it wouldn't surprise me to see Gladio or Hau with a full team in the league.

Well, if I'm not wrong, I think that Alain didn't have a full known team before the Kalos league final (some of his pokemon were known, but not all of them). And, actually, rivals using new pokemon for the first time during the league is something they have done in probably every league. So, they can easily make non-companion rivals have full teams. But they can't do that with the companions, as it would be weird 'cause it would mean that they have caught new pokemon offscreen.

My point is that it wouldn't surprise me to see Gladio or Hau with a full team in the league.
Not even Ash has a full team though. In the prior leagues it was pretty much necessary to enter with a full team in tow. This requirement has been axed now.

New Images of the Battle Royale. This was presented in Oha Suta today along with other magazines. You can see ash battling a gyrados, screenshots of Hau, Guzma, and Ilima. Kiawe battling a Salamance.
Are there any higher quality pictures of this? I can't really make out a whole lot in this one.

Yuck, Ilima's here. I was hoping we wouldn't have to put up with him or his fangirls at the League. At least we know that some of the trainers are going all out using things like Gyarados and Salamence. I was afraid that this League would end up becoming the Unova League 2: Electric Boogaloo, but it's turning out all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom