• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw video where someone suggested the idea of Ash forfeiting the title.

I mean, it's not like Ash could realistically hold the champion title for long. There's like a 99.99999% chance he's going to Galar next, so him being the Alola champion while being in a whole other region for an extended period of time just seems iffy. He can't do the normal champion things if he's not even in the region where he holds the champion position imo.

When it comes to winning or losing to many 'the ends justify the means'. To many 'winning' is what matters.
If it were a real league maybe, but with this one, that would be like being impressed by a professional heavyweight boxer winning against a neighborhood gym. It’s just not the same and kinda makes Ash look worse off for it.
I didn’t notice that before but Samson Freaking Oak is participating?
And I bet we’ll have to deal with his stupid Pokémon faces the entire time he battles.

It was Entity Mays.
If I said so it would feel like I was promoting the guy but, since I didn't say so it kinda feels like I didn't give proper credit. Damned if I do damned if I don't.

I know Barry has no chance of reappearing but, I really wish he would since he is so impatient bringing back for a requirement free league is perfect.

Honestly, even if he does win, I can’t really see people warming up to Sun and Moon due to just how this league basically lacks any real standards and anyone who so much as has s pulse can enter compared to previous sagas where it was basically the best trainers in the region who earned their way there. I mean, the participants include TRio, a Hiker we saw once, a Fisherman, Sampson Oak and the classmates, most of whom aren’t even really battlers. The bar is set so low that we lost it somewhere around the Earth’s core. The writers would have to pull off some kind of spectacular miracle to change people’s minds on this saga.
It would be funny if Team Skull will have some of your reasons while claiming that this league should not exist.

Tournament's champion and the regional champion are two different titles. Alain is the champion of Kalos league, while Diantha is still the titular champion of Kalos region. Neither one exist yet in Alola.
Neither are half of the supposed competitors (like Samson Oak, Oluolu, the hiker, half of the classmates, the stupid Expert, Mina, Faba etc.). Your point?
My point is, there is no reason for them to enter a battle related competition. One is a scientist, other one is a famous golfer. Why do you want them?

I would think that Jessie and Mimikyu will be booed off the stage over Ash and Pikachu's defeat in the tournament at the Manalo Conference.

I would think that Jessie and Mimikyu will be booed off the stage over Ash and Pikachu's defeat in the tournament at the Manalo Conference.

Well for starters, the odds of them battling Ash and actually winning are so astronomically low that I shudder to even think about it. But why would they be booed even if they do defeat Pikachu? When have the audience at tournaments ever shown unsportsmanlike conduct in the past?

I meant Jessie and Mimikyu will be booed off the stage because of Mimikyu defeating Pikachu as such a big fat ugly brute like that. That's all.

Last edited:
I meant Jessie and Mimikyu will be booed off the stage because of Mimikyu defeating Pikachu as such a big fat ugly brute like that. That's all.

Oh that's right, I forgot that you don't like Mimikyu. The people in the audience aren't usually biased though, so I doubt that they'd care about Mimikyu beating Pikachu. The only reason why they might boo is if they discover Jessie's identity as a member of Team Rocket. :X3:

My point is, there is no reason for them to enter a battle related competition. One is a scientist, other one is a famous golfer. Why do you want them?

And, again, that argument also applies to half of the participants. Oluolu is a well-known baseball player, DJ Leo is a DJ (duh), Mina is an artist, Acerola... I have no idea what her inclination. Point is, none of these people have an interest in and/or a goal related in any way to Pokémon battles, yet they're participating in a Pokémon "league" just because.

And then there's Samson Oak, the hiker and the """"funny"""" Expert, who are nothing more than comic relief characters who have no business competing in any kind of battle oriented tournament. If the writers are gonna have a league where anyone can enter, then why can't they have some of the objectively better and more interesting characters (like Molayne and Kahili), instead of a bunch of jokes (like these 3)?

And, again, that argument also applies to half of the participants. Oluolu is a well-known baseball player, DJ Leo is a DJ (duh), Mina is an artist, Acerola... I have no idea what her inclination. Point is, none of these people have an interest in and/or a goal related in any way to Pokémon battles, yet they're participating in a Pokémon "league" just because.

And then there's Samson Oak, the hiker and the """"funny"""" Expert, who are nothing more than comic relief characters who have no business competing in any kind of battle oriented tournament. If the writers are gonna have a league where anyone can enter, then why can't they have some of the objectively better and more interesting characters (like Molayne and Kahili), instead of a bunch of jokes (like these 3)?
I still don't get your point. Most of characters you mention will be eliminated quickly, probably in a humorous manner, to leave the top 16 to important characters. You want Molayne and Kahili to be treated like that?

Most of characters you mention will be eliminated quickly, probably in a humorous manner, to leave the top 16 to important characters.

You sure about that? This is SM we're taking about. Who's to say that some of these joke characters won't make it into the Top 16 (since the general consensus right now is that the preliminary Battle Royal will actually be a Fortnite-style, chaos-filled battle royale)?
You want Molayne and Kahili to be treated like that?

No idea where you got that from. All I'm saying is that they should've been participating in this league as well, maybe even make it to Top 16 or higher (considering that they are part of the Elite Four in the games).

Last edited:
Hey guys which is better, the giant golden water shuriken or Z moves
(Sorry for bringing back xy league memory Xd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom