• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM129: The Great Fray! Battle Royal 151!!

So... watched this episode. The battling got me hyped up in the beginning and around the end of the episode!
Some highlights-
1. My biggest gripe with the episode- Salazzle should’ve won against Eevee, Salazzle definitely wasn’t weak enough to be OHKOed by one swift attack of all things and survive a sludge wave. And Eevee's last resort was enough to knock out the entire Team Skull? All of Eevee's attacks are animated as fancy stars too. I'm looking forward to Guzma crushing Ilima.

2. Most, if not all of the opponents attacking Ash were weak to Pikachu, and Sudowoodo was knocked by a single iron tail?

3. Mimikyu's rage was one of the better parts of the episode, knocking out 2 Pikachu and almost battling Ash's Pikachu. Jessie should’ve used Wobuffet if the plan was to stay low.

4. Oh my god... Ash vs Gladion stare down and warning. One of the best parts of the episode. I liked how Silvally and Pikachu attacked their enemies. I've also got a feeling that Pikachu will battle Silvally vs Gladion, the second will be an obvious Lycanroc vs Lycanroc and I can see Torracat taking on Umbreon.

5. Kiawe vs Magmortar and Electrivire deserved to be longer.

It would’ve been one of the better earlier rounds if they had more time to work with, and not make the battles OHKOs. 7/10.

Had something like this been made during the XY series, it would have been a feast for the eyes.
That’s because if something like this had happened during XY not only would it be actual competent trainers but pretty nice battles going on and probably some focus happening. It’d still be stupid but it’d be the fun kind of stupid rather than whatever this was supposed to be.

People were complaining because Kahili wasn't part of 151.
People are now complaining that Kahili isn't part of top 16.
People would complain that Kahili isn't part of top 8.

See, that's why they shouldn't bring her back.

I’d say the complaints are more so at the point of what was the point in bringing back someone who is an Elite Four member in the games if they weren’t even gonna let her get past the preliminaries and have her eliminated offscreen at that. Beyond that, so long as she had a decent showing and wasn’t just fodder, I don’t think most people would have a problem.

I did 't know about others, but to me I am sure that she should be with the part of 151 and must be with the top 16, and to tell you the truth then she must be in top 4 also

Last edited:
I din't know about others, but to me I am sure that she should be with the part of 151 and most be with the top 16, and to tell you tue truth then she must be in top 4 also
Problem with this is, Anime Kahili is a minor character and a golf star, there is no reason to assume that she have strong pokémon or good at regular battles.

Problem with this is, Anime Kahili is a minor character and a golf star, there is no reason to assume that she have strong pokémon or good at regular battles.

You are right but her pokemon is final evolution and it looks like it has an experience and also it looks like that she is a star in her first episode so I don't agree with them. Furthmore, she is one of elite four and still a one of elite four in both SM and USUM. Also, I think the she is the one who should have Flying Z move or at least, she must be the one who give the Another Flying Z Move to Kaki

But after what I saw then I am sure that the winner is man or Ash

Attachments

• D2987476-D285-4B1F-8E14-ECDE01DD99F6.png
    D2987476-D285-4B1F-8E14-ECDE01DD99F6.png
    744.4 KB · Views: 144
And anime Steven Stone was just a minor character who excavated rare stones back when he appeared in Hoenn. Yet come the Mega Evolution Specials, he was shown to be the Champion. We can’t assume things just off of a single appearance.

Last edited:
And anime Steven Stone was just a minor character who excavated rare stones back when he appeared in Hoenn. Yet come the Mega Evolution Specials, he was shown to be the Champion. We can’t assume things just off of a single appearance.
What's your point? She is still not a part of Elite 4, her future appearances doesn't change anything in her current state.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your point? She is still not a part of Elite 4, her future appearances doesn't change anything in her current state.
My point is you can’t judge a trainer’s strength from a single appearance, especially a non-battle oriented one, as you made the assumption that just because she was a minor character who was a golf star that she couldn’t be a strong trainer. Had the writers wanted to show her as strong, they could have easily.

Last edited:
My point is you can’t judge a trainer’s strength from a single appearance as you made the assumption that just because she was a minor character who was a golf star that she couldn’t be a strong trainer.
She also failed to enter top 16, so...

Which is a disservice to her character and presents what the writers’ priorities are when they have a bunch of rookies, TR and a joke character like Samson Oak get past the preliminaries yet they eliminated an Elite Four member offscreen.
Again, she is not a Elite Four member in the anime.

Again, she is not a Elite Four member in the anime.
Why didn’t u read my photo

Which is a disservice to her character and presents what the writers’ priorities are when they have a bunch of rookies, TR and a joke character like Samson Oak get past the preliminaries yet they eliminated an Elite Four member offscreen.

Interview I found on twitter

Attachments

• E6C39527-174B-40F2-958D-BA78CE3513EE.png
    E6C39527-174B-40F2-958D-BA78CE3513EE.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 85
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom