• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM130: Mao and Suiren! Super Full-Force Friendship Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be very representative for the franchise (and especially for the anime) to have a girl winning the league for the first time. But I really trust Ash's power!
That would work if the girls were better build up than this.
Do you seriously care more about Faba, Ilima and Oak? Compared to the first couple of girls in this franchise who actually advanced in the league?
Because they aren't battlers. And the battles we're skipping would likely be better than this.

I’ve got concerns about these 4 battles being put in to one episode, sure they are only one on ones- maybe (and it’s rare for me praise the Black and White series) this’ll be like the first episode of the Unova league where the four battles happened at the same time, with one battle clearly being the main focus? I actually like how that was done ( I realise those battles were shown across two episodes but still only had one episode’s worth of time)

I don’t mind Faba and Oak losing in the first round but I’m a bit sad to see Ilima will be knocked out early. And by Guzma? I understand it’ll make Guzma look strong but no Ash-Ilima battle :(

I hope there is a clear winner and loser in the Mallow-Lana battle, not some tie rubbish. Likely to be Tsureena vs Primarina and it’s likely to be Mallow first using the Z-Move here.

Aha, that’s it then- Lana will win but Mallow will have still achieved something by using Bloom Doom.

Dear writers, chemistry doesn't make a friendship. You should have stayed with the Lillie/Mallow friendship that was in the first episodes, she's the real shy girl which needs help from others...Anyway, I badly want Mallow to win but that's just not happening.

The other battles look fine, I look forward to Guzma doing psychic tricks on Ash and a character I don't like much going off early (Ilima/Guzma).

The lack of a movie repetition is surprising, apparently it's the first time in the whole history of the anime. Either TVTokyo was afraid of low ratings or there are a lot of SM episodes left and they need as much airdates as possible before the SWSH release.

Dear writers, chemistry doesn't make a friendship. You should have stayed with the Lillie/Mallow friendship that was in the first episodes, she's the real shy girl which needs help from others...Anyway, I badly want Mallow to win but that's just not happening.

The other battles look fine, I look forward to Guzma doing psychic tricks on Ash and a character I don't like much going off early (Ilima/Guzma).

The lack of a movie repetition is surprising, apparently it's the first time in the whole history of the anime. Either TVTokyo was afraid of low ratings or there are a lot of SM episodes left and they need as much airdates as possible before the SWSH release.

Episodes till SM133 have been announced. 2 Episodes for the Semi-Final Battles ( Ash Vs Gladion and Guzma Vs most likely Kiawe ). So SM135. 1 Episode as build-up to final and 1 1/2 for the Final ( Def not gonna be 6 VS 6 ). So that's SM137. Maybe 2-3 Episodes in between the battle against Masked Royale? To finish off the Mohn and Magearna thing. We still need to see Melemetal. UBs have been teased to return in merch ( Merch have always been right this series ) So let's say SM140. 1 Episode for the Battle VS Masked Royale. So SM141. 2-3 Episodes for Farewell. So SM143. 2 Special Episodes so SM145. We'll get a three weeks break in September ( After the League ).

I feel like they've actually built Mao and Suiren's friendship pretty well across the series, tbh.

I think the main difference this time around is that OLM isn't making the new movie, and the rerun breaks maybe weren't pushed by the network itself, but to give OLM more resources/time to work on the previous ones (I don't know how much overlap exists between the movies' staff and the TV anime's staff, but there's definitely at least some).

Episodes till SM133 have been announced. 2 Episodes for the Semi-Final Battles ( Ash Vs Gladion and Guzma Vs most likely Kiawe ). So SM135. 1 Episode as build-up to final and 1 1/2 for the Final ( Def not gonna be 6 VS 6 ). So that's SM137. Maybe 2-3 Episodes in between the battle against Masked Royale? To finish off the Mohn and Magearna thing. We still need to see Melemetal. UBs have been teased to return in merch ( Merch have always been right this series ) So let's say SM140. 1 Episode for the Battle VS Masked Royale. So SM141. 2-3 Episodes for Farewell. So SM143. 2 Special Episodes so SM145. We'll get a three weeks break in September ( After the League ).
Maybe. 50/50 chance, that might happens. Also, we've haven't saw Light that burned the sky (Ultra Necrozma Z-move) just yet.

Do you seriously care more about Faba, Ilima and Oak? Compared to the first couple of girls in this franchise who actually advanced in the league?
I care more about Ash, Guzma and Hau, yes
Mallow actually advanced into the next round with Shaymin in its first battle...
Being small has its advantages...

Speaking of Mallow and Lana, the cast list of this episode shows that faba will be using Hypno against Ash.

And Tsareena has had little to no focus ever since Shaymin has arrived, has it? The writers flat out left it at Mallow’s father’s if I’m not mistaken...

Mallow’s mother must be proud.

And Tsareena has had little to no focus ever since Shaymin has arrived, has it? The writers flat out left it at Mallow’s father’s if I’m not mistaken...

Mallow’s mother must be proud.
Oh thats great..... The pokemon she started with push a side for a mon that has no real battle skills. Why is Mallow being this dumb? Why is she not using the pokemon she battle with the most?

Speaking of Mallow and Lana, the cast list of this episode shows that faba will be using Hypno against Ash.

This is brand new information!

I really don't care about Ash vs Faba though. I dislike Faba in general although since Ash usually struggles against Psychic types, I think Faba will give Ash a run for his money.

We are getting an M20 rerun today and an M21 rerun next thursday I think, so the lack of breaks is most likely due to the new timeslot we've had since the necrozma arc ended.
This is brand new information!

I really don't care about Ash vs Faba though. I dislike Faba in general although since Ash usually struggles against Psychic types, I think Faba will give Ash a run for his money.
Ash is also using meltan, nobody had mentioned it yet

Sorry for the delay, was having a great day out at Monkey World

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

The knockout round of the Alola Pokémon League has finally begun! Satoshi's opponent is Sauboh! And we also get a battle of friendship between Mao and Suiren!
Sunshine Ikezaki appears as Sleeper as well!

Summary:
The Alola Pokémon league gets more and more heated as the knockout round begin! Satoshi decides to use Meltan against Sauboh. And don't miss the battle between close friends as Mao and Suiren face each other! Will they be able to set their friendship aside and battle in full earnest?! We also gets lots of other battles you can't miss, like Ilima VS Guzma and Hau VS Principal Okido!!
In addition, Sunshine Ikezaki appears in the role of Sauboh's Sleeper! He's standing in the way of Satoshi's progress in the league!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Kenyu Horiuchi: Principal Okido
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Risa Shimizu: Ashirene
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Sunshine Ikezaki: Sleeper
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Nobuyuki Hiyama: Hala
Mitsuaki Madono: Sauboh
Yudai Chiba: Ilima
Jun Fukuyama: Hau
Yuji Ueda: Jeekyo
Kazuyuki Okitsu: 'Ulu
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Ryota Iwasaki: Skull Gang Member

The knockout round of the Alola Pokémon League has finally begun! Satoshi's opponent is Sauboh! And we also get a battle of friendship between Mao and Suiren!

Summary:
The Alola Pokémon league gets more and more heated as the knockout round begin! Satoshi decides to use Meltan against Sauboh. And don't miss the battle between close friends as Mao and Suiren face each other! Will they be able to set their friendship aside and battle in full earnest?! We also gets lots of other battles you can't miss, like Ilima VS Guzma and Hau VS Principal Okido!!
In addition, Sunshine Ikezaki appears in the role of Sauboh's Sleeper! He's standing in the way of Satoshi's progress in the league!!

Voice Cast:
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Chika Fujimura: Amajo
Kenta Miyake: Meltan
Risa Shimizu: Ashirene
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Sunshine Ikezaki: Sleeper
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Nobuyuki Hiyama: Hala
Mitsuaki Madono: Sauboh
Yudai Chiba: Ilima
Jun Fukuyama: Hau
Yuji Ueda: Jeekyo
Kazuyuki Okitsu: 'Ulu
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Ryota Iwasaki: Skull Gang Member
Very excited for this episode! Can’t wait to see more of what the Alola League will bring!!

Summary:

Voice Cast: