• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM130: Mao and Suiren! Super Full-Force Friendship Battle!!

It okay. I will delete this right away.

An emotional battle episode. Especially, those two had been best friend since when they little.

Overall: A+

Lana: "I warned you Mallow but you never listened now, did you? I told you time and time again you will never and I repeat never take my spot as the creator's pet when it comes to battles you hear me."

Also I'm pretty dang happy that Guzma threw Illima's chances of facing Ash off the tracks. Like I said before nothing about him convinced me that he was gonna be a rival to Ash so seeing Guzma beat him left me with a hysterical grin on my face.

Lana: "I warned you Mallow but you never listened now, did you? I told you time and time again you will never and I repeat never take my spot as the creator's pet when it comes to battles you hear me."

Also I'm pretty dang happy that Guzma threw Illima's chances of facing Ash off the tracks. Like I said before nothing about him convinced me that he was gonna be a rival to Ash so seeing Guzma beat him left me with a hysterical grin on my face.
As Always, His underlings had failed so much as only himself do it right.

Yay, Guzma actually eliminated Ilima! Lana and Mallow's battle was so gorgeous, even Mallow performed her Z-move with Tsareena for the first time, but in the end, Lana won the round and eliminated Mallow.

I think the battle between Lana and Mallow went exactly like it should have: the more experienced Trainer won, but Mallow still got her time to shine and use the Z-Move. It also made sense for Mallow's Z-Move to not work because Lana used her own Z-Move to block it.

Pretty good episode, we knew the other battles weren't the focus so I don't so much mind them mostly skipping straight to the Mao vs. Suiren fight we all wanted to see. And even then what we did see of the other battles was good, with the possible exception of Satoshi vs. Sauboh being another OHKO. When Amajo kept surviving hits I was afraid we were going to get some nonsense where Amajo finally performs the Z-Move and one-shots Ashirene, so I'm grateful to them for not doing that and actually giving us a decent conclusion to a match that really started to feel like it could go either way towards the end there.

I'm not so happy that they revealed enough in advance to spoil
that Satoshi is facing Hau, and therefore spoiling the outcome of Suiren's next match
, but the episode didn't do that.

Mostly matches which is always good in a league episode

Ash vs Faba, over too quickly. Nice sneaky tactic off using Hypno's power to send Meltan out

Guzma vs Ilima, not too bad, was great to see Mega Kangaskhan being used in a battle

Hau vs Samson Oak, rather quick, but we got to see Dragon Hammer

Mallow vs Lana, battle between two best friends, loved that Tsareena refused to go back into its Poke Ball

If this tournament's 'favourite' can only rely on his ace, then that's sad. I had thought that his Mega Garura would've at least offered Hassamu a challenge. Or can Guzma's Pokémon hold up well in a high-standard League too?

Ash vs Faba, over too quickly. Nice sneaky tactic off using Hypno's power to send Meltan out
I thought it was over about as quickly as I expected. Faba is pretty much a joke character at this point and was never an overly serious threat to begin with.
Guzma vs Ilima, not too bad, was great to see Mega Kangaskhan being used in a battle
Agreed. The length and end result were both good in my opinion.
Hau vs Samson Oak, rather quick, but we got to see Dragon Hammer
Dragon Hammer was pretty much all I wanted to see from this match too. And it wasn't a surprise it was that quick. Samson was an even less serious of a contender then Faba.
Mallow vs Lana, battle between two best friends, loved that Tsareena refused to go back into its Poke Ball
This battle was executed very nicely. I don't know why I didn't expect Primarina to have an Ice move to use against Tsareena. Kinda silly of me actually for not knowing to expect that.

Overall, a very enjoyable League episode. Here's hoping the next one will be just as good, with Jessie vs. James.

It is nice to see a Mega Kangaskhan in the anime, reminding us that it's still going to be around even if removed in SwSh. Don't forget that the concept will remain in Masters, which I hope will have Home connection once that's released in early 2020.

that Satoshi is facing Hau, and therefore spoiling the outcome of Suiren's next match

Which means only one thing...
Hau will win the league if his battle with Ash is the finals. But if the semi-finals, and Ash wins against Hau, I would foresee Guzma winning because Ash is never allowed to win leagues period.

Good luck finding yourself a new pendulum Sleeper. I hope you won't go through as many existential crises as this unfortunate Pokémon...

Cg0LkGYWMAESQt6.jpg

Pretty good episode, we knew the other battles weren't the focus so I don't so much mind them mostly skipping straight to the Mao vs. Suiren fight we all wanted to see. And even then what we did see of the other battles was good, with the possible exception of Satoshi vs. Sauboh being another OHKO. When Amajo kept surviving hits I was afraid we were going to get some nonsense where Amajo finally performs the Z-Move and one-shots Ashirene, so I'm grateful to them for not doing that and actually giving us a decent conclusion to a match that really started to feel like it could go either way towards the end there.

I'm pretty sure Ash vs. Hau is top 8 unless it was confirmed in this episode and I missed it because there are no subs yet.

Next episode being the second half of top 16 and the one after being a sort of intermission/training episode, doesn't leave enough room to to do top 8 battles to skip right ahead to top 4 in SM133.

The order of battles for top 16 seems to be irrelevant for future match ups in the "playoff" stage for the time being, if that's what causing confusion.

It is nice to see a Mega Kangaskhan in the anime, reminding us that it's still going to be around even if removed in SwSh. Don't forget that the concept will remain in Masters, which I hope will have Home connection once that's released in early 2020.

Which means only one thing...
Hau will win the league if his battle with Ash is the finals. But if the semi-finals, and Ash wins against Hau, I would foresee Guzma winning because Ash is never allowed to win leagues period.
I'm pretty sure Ash vs. Hau is top 8 unless it was confirmed in this episode and I missed it because there are no subs yet.
Ash has already been confirmed to face Hau in round 2.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom