• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This brings the question of, who’s going to use the Rocket trio’s Z-Ring in the battle?
If Musashi uses Sonansu then Kojiro will get the Z ring.

But if she uses Mimi then I hope whoever uses it first has the good grace to chuck it to the other one they're done. Or else I suppose they might both agree to go without. I'd take either of these options happily, wouldn't be too thrilled about just one of them having it (especially not Musashi).

Nanu appears and reveals his story with Giovanni then he gives James a z-ring (not a z-power ring because James doesn't need it) , would you like this?
That's going to be a lame excuse. If they were going to have separate Z-Rings, it should've happened before the league.

Looks like Kiawe vs. Acerola and Lillie vs. Gladion is happening here too.

Surprise the Lillie battle is the title.

I just hope it's a good match and not rushed...

Looks like Kiawe vs. Acerola and Lillie vs. Gladion is happening here too.
Is it possible that one or both of those battles will be shoehorned into the next episode, which is after all dedicated to 'training' as of now? I agree it's weird that these two battles didn't even get mentioned in the summary when the previous episode mentioned all 4 in theirs.

I just noticed this : Musashi (in disguise) is actually with the Z-ring on her wrist. Will she agree to share it with James during their fight? Is this allowed? In more they activated the z-move all together. How will it work this time?

Attachments

• 534.jpg
    534.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I just noticed this : Musashi (in disguise) is actually with the Z-ring on her wrist. Will she agree to share it with James during their fight? Is this allowed? In more they activated the z-move all together. How will it work this time?
Not gonna lie, the idea of them throwing the Z-Ring to each other across the battle field mid-battle sounds hilarious.

Yes! This is exactly what I wanted! I'm so glad they're not wasting this opportunity. This battle has so much potential to be really weird and funny. I can see both as the victor. James seems to want to win more and he's more in sync with Mareanie, while Jessie and Mimikyu doesn't always work really well together I'd say Mimikyu is the better battler, but they could surprise us and have Jessie use Wobbuffet. If they want to do Pikachu VS Mimkyu later though it makes more sense for Jessie to win. I can see her winning, by using the Z-Ring since they're sharing it and only one of them would be able to use it.

And just hope Bewear doesn't screw everything up...<_<

No, really. That would throw the match-ups all out of whack.

Let's at least hope she waits until the winner of this is defeated in a future round. Heck, even during said round.

Based on the love and affection between the trainer and the Pokémon, James deserves to win this battle more than Jessie. But I can see Jessie winning the match only to face Ash in the following round and let Pikachu get his revenge from Mimikyu from the early episodes.

A character called Doppelgänger posted a really cool theory on Serebii about Kojiro using Nyasu who learns Aerial Ace during the battle, as a reference to Kojiro's namesake whose signature move was the Turning Swallow Cut or Tsubame Gaeshi (Aerial Ace). Not gonna happen but wouldn't it be sweet if it did? They've already started making references to the original Musashi vs Kojiro duel to the death in this week's PokeProblem, I wouldn't mind another one here. Shame they already used Musashi blinding her opponent with the setting sun earlier this series...
But I can see Jessie winning the match only to face Ash in the following round and let Pikachu get his revenge from Mimikyu from the early episodes.
a. There is no way that Satoshi is not facing either Gladio or Guzma; unless some major rug is pulled from under us his remaining opponents are all but confirmed.
b. Pikachu already got its revenge ex machina in SM076.

If we are really throwing out pipe dreams here, what if they got some of their old Pokémon from HQ to buff up their teams? Right now the most they could do is 2v2 (Mimikyu&Sonansu vs Nyasu &Hidoide).

Also what if they called out lines of their various past mottos each time they commanded their Pokémon??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom