• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her name is Mina. And the preview blurb is hinting at James and Sophocles winning, and Gladion has already been confirmed to be one of Ash's League rivals, so Lillie will lose.

I know about Lillie losing to gladion so I said that I want Lillie win not which means hoping because I know already that gladion will challenge ash. And I like calling mina the fairy girl hahaha XDDD but I don't know about she losing to mamane and don't think so at all.

As I said, maybe jessie because what I said about wobbufert reflect attack and maybe what you and nickdt are said is right so we will see.

Finally hope Acerola win because ai love her so much and love her character so much and I hate kaki so much

Last edited:
I don't know about she losing to mamane and don't think so at all.
Sorry, but the hints seem to disagree with you.
As I dais maybe jessie because what I said about wobbufert reflect attack and maybe what you and nickdt are said is right so we will see.
James is the underdog of this fight, he's likely to win.
Finally hope Acerola win because ai love her so much and love her character so much and I hate kaki so much
Why do you hate him? I think he's funny and interesting.

Incorrect. James hasn't evolved any Pokémon since his second Victreebel in Johto. Yes. He hasn't evolved a single Pokémon he's owned outside of the original series. Not even temporary ones.

Whilst you are correct there, I have trouble counting James' second Victreebel as not being temporary

James is the underdog of this fight, he's likely to win.

Jessie's had too much focus taking part in contests and showcases so seeing James actually win something would be good

Whilst you are correct there, I have trouble counting James' second Victreebel as not being temporary
I actually agree, but James's first Victreebel also evolved after Weezing.
Jessie's had too much focus taking part in contests and showcases so seeing James actually win something would be good
True.

[/QUOTE]
THIS! As much as I love Jess, I'd rather see James winning this (even if It's unlikely). He hasn't had an activity focus in a while. I would like him to have a chance to battle Royal Mask eventually (It's Is almost a given that Ash will the tournament, but maybe James can have an exhibition match sometime?)

Have they ever had a proper Pokemon Battle that had a conclusion before? Has one ever defeated the other? I can't remember a single time that has happened in the past 20 years. I think it's very likely that Mareanie wins. Wobbuffet seems to be the obstacle for her and James to overcome. I curious about Jessie's thought process though. Did she pick Wobbuffet because Mimikyu would be at a type disadvantage or because she thought it would catch James off guard? Would this be a weird time for Mareanie to evolve? It's very late into series and we're still wondering if they'd bring Mareanie and Mimikyu to Galar. I really hope they do. It would be nice to bring Toxapex into the main cast.

Last edited:
Ok, pragmatic post first, emotions to follow later (probably with greater frequency and intensity until I burst and die, thus averting the need to watch and be disappointed by the actual episode...)

After last episode, I now have a better sense of how this episode will work. Masahiro Okubo did a good job of dividing time well between the different battles:
Satoshi vs Sauboh - 3 mins
Ilima vs Guzma - 5 mins
Hau vs Ookido - 1 min
Mao vs Suiren - 9 mins

Of course this episode will be more difficult to balance the books for, as there will be no gag matches and no Ookido.

However, the fact that Kaki and Maamane's matches are likely to receive the least airtime makes me suspect that both of them will qualify - after all, wouldn't it be miserly to knock out a main character in a match that doesn't even get second billing? I reckon they'll get something like 3 mins each so that they are substantial enough that some strategy can be showcased, without needing to pause too long on backstory or emotional reactions. Maamane's will potentially be the shortest because it is the first, so that Musashi and Kojiro's match can finish before the commercial break.

Lillie is, however, going to be knocked out, which is why her match will be the B-focus of the episode. I can easily see their bout getting 5-6 minutes.

Musashi and Kojiro will need time for some pre-match byplay (we've already seen the scene in the lobby/hotel room in the scan), the match proper, maybe a flashback of some sort (Mao and Amajo got one after all, but if they do do this I hope it's not another Kojiro/Hidoide one as we already had one of those in SM058 which they had to use made up scenes for!) and emotional fallout. Oh and Kiteruguma/Nuikoguma catch-up. Maybe that'll be the post-episode segment?

Therefore, my predicted running order is something like:
TRio cold opening 1 minute
Maamane vs Matsurika 2 minutes
Musashi vs Kojiro 7 minutes
Kaki vs Acerola 3 minutes
Lillie vs Gladio 6 minutes
I hope that won't he the case. I think Jessie's characterization already got past that kind of selfishness. I hope her being mean towards ver partner isn't played here as sort of "comic relief". I'm looking forward for a mature attitude from both or them, actually respecting each other and acknowledging (and supporting the next round) whoever wins.
THIS

It's been more than 10 years since Musashi and Kojiro's characters permanently moved away from the petty sniping that defined their relationship in the late Johto-mid DP period. The selfish bitch flanderisation of Musashi's character that was so beloved of Oohashi stopped being relevant or usable after key events like Chirean leaving, her succeeding in Contests, prioritising Dokucale's happiness over her own and DP117.

Kojiro has been her biggest fan and supporter in her endeavours since then. She demonstrated in SM058 that she can also sit quietly on the sidelines and support him. I sincerely hope Matsui's story follows this slow character arc to its logical outcome in this episode: the two have a sensible, fair battle and both winner and loser are gracious and supportive.
Have they ever had a proper Pokemon Battle that had a conclusion before? Has one ever defeated the other?
Well, Habunake was KO'd at the end of their battle in that horrible Chirean/Manene episode, but it was certainly not a fair and equal fight as it was Habu vs Sabonea AND Satoshi's Gomazou.

Last edited:
On another note, it is nice to see Lusamine supporting both of her children, even if it embarrasses Lillie, shame Ash, Kiawe, Lana and Sophocles don't have their families supporting them (or at least watching on TV)

wonder if the lack of spoilers might tease something like an evolution for Mareanie
They had no issues spooling any other evolutions in this series as far as I remember... they blatantly put all the recent evolutions (Primarina, Vikavolt) in the previews themselves. Tsareena too, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom