• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, am I dreaming? First they allow them to enter the League (I remember that episode back in Kanto in which Jessie had a fantasy about winning the League). And now we are getting this? This is so good.
I really hope they don't get taken away by Bewear, so that after this one of them gets to use every Pokémon in the next round.

So it's already been confirmed Ash will beat Faba and Hau will beat Principal Oak, seeing as how Ash is training for his match against Hau's Decidueye in SM132.

So here's my predictions for the other matches of Round 1:

Illima VS Guzma: I'm gonna make a bold prediction here and say that the writers will surprise us & Illima will actually win...thus setting the scene for a climax in which Guzma and the rest of Team Skull try to crash the tournament (and Ash subsequently battles him)
Mallow VS Lana: Lana wins despite the type disadvantage
Sophocles VS Mina: Sophocles wins
Jessie VS James: Draw due to Bewear interference

Strangely Lillie & Kiawe's matches are unconfirmed, but I think it's safe to say Lillie will face Gladion and lose to him, while Kiawe will win against Plumeria or some other random Trainer.

Last edited:
I really really really really hope we get a clear winner and loser here, and that Jessie or James gets to move on to the next round.

Sophocles will probably beat Mina, although I’d be happy with either one of them winning.

A great idea that no one of us thought there would be enough time to pull it off. I hope it's Mareanie vs Mimikyu as that would be the most dynamic battle, and that James wins as he has a nice bond with her. This means that the second round is indeed 1vs1, unless TR's reserves...no! it's impossible!

Illima VS Guzma: I'm gonna make a bold prediction here and say that the writers will surprise us & Illima will actually win...thus setting the scene for a climax in which Guzma and the rest of Team Skull try to crash the tournament (and Ash subsequently battles him)
While that would increase the chances of Ilima pulling off a Virgil/Tyson (being the champion and owning a pet) I think it would benefit the Team Skull storyline greatly. Would be interesting.
Jessie VS James: Draw due to Bewear interference
One of them has to win so their thrid round rival won't skip a round though.
Strangely Lillie & Kiawe's matches are unconfirmed, but I think it's safe to say Lillie will face Gladion and lose to him, while Kiawe will win against Plumeria or some other random Trainer.
Another option could be Viren, it would close their rivalry.

can't help but think Jessie will force James to forfeit the match given her character
Her character isn’t downright mean. Its pretty safe to say it won’t happen. You may hate their characters, but it’s out of character for Jessie to force a forfeit in a serious match.

Masaaki Iwane, Izumi Shimura and Yūji Asada nice, Māmane VS Matsurika nice, Musashi and Kojiro not so nice
It’s quite the opposite for me, Sophocles vs Mina I couldn’t care less, while Jessie vs James is one of the most unique situations in the 20+ years of the anime.

Though I wonder if Musashi would be able to use Mimikkyu or if she’ll just stick with Sonansu
I hope they actually show progress in Mimikyu and have it obey Jessie against someone not named Pikachu.

I lost my internet connection for a few days and the first thing I saw on recovering it is this! I just hope Bewear doesn’t take them away...

I still have expectations from this one, but seeing how SM series have been handling battles and how tiny amount of Pokémon the two characters in particular have, I suppose we will have "let's kill the time" moments in the first half and there will be an underwhelming battle in the second half.

I hope to be wrong, nevertheless.

I’ve gone to sleep and woken up and this episode still exists :confused:

God the title is a shiptease isn’t it?! Every time it catches my eye my heart momentarily stops. They could have used any phrase from any motto...

I still have expectations from this one, but seeing how SM series have been handling battles and how tiny amount of Pokémon the two characters in particular have, I suppose we will have "let's kill the time" moments in the first half and there will be an underwhelming battle in the second half.

I hope to be wrong, nevertheless.
Every battle in this round is all but confirmed to be 1vs1 though,,,

I'll wish this episode don't break up the Trio that had been together ever since the original series. Otherwise, it will be suck if one of them leaves without fulfilling the goal of catching Pikachu.

I'll wish this episode don't break up the Trio that had been together ever since the original series. Otherwise, it will be suck if one of them leaves without fulfilling the goal of catching Pikachu.
You have very big expectations from this episode.

I probably dream !!! TT///TT It does not matter if Musashi or Kojiro wins I'll be happy. This episode promises some beautiful interactions (and feels the rocketshipping)

So I’m seeing quite a bit of excitement about a Team Rocket league battle episode and I just don’t see anything to be excited about. Not only did neither of them do anything to actually qualify for this league (unlike Jessie taking part in the Sinnoh Grand Festival) but this is a region where they have the least amount of Pokémon guaranteeing that this will be a 1 on 1 battle. Has S & M really just set the bar that low that this somehow qualifies as an interesting development rather than a waste of what could have been a real league focused episode. The fact that TR are important enough in this league to warrant their own episode on further gives me reason that I can’t take this seriously as a League.

Not only did neither of them do anything to actually qualify for this league (unlike Jessie taking part in the Sinnoh Grand Festival
Like every participant in this league not named Ash, Gladion, Kiawe and Hau?

this is a region where they have the least amount of Pokémon guaranteeing that this will be a 1 on 1 battle.
Every battle in this round is all but confirmed to be 1vs1.

This Epsiode will not be ‘taking up the slot’ for a fulfilling battle, and by your logic the classmates’ battles shouldn’t be featured either, since they are using around the same amount of Pokemon and they didn’t need to fulfil any actual qualifications.
And Jessie’s Mimikyu is arguably more powerful than Mallow, Sophocles and Lillie’s Pokemon combined.

Like every participant in this league not named Ash, Gladion, Kiawe and Hau?

Every battle in this round is all but confirmed to be 1vs1.

This Epsiode will not be ‘taking up the slot’ for a fulfilling battle, and by your logic the classmates’ battles shouldn’t be featured either, since they are using around the same amount of Pokemon and they didn’t need to fulfil any actual qualifications.
And Jessie’s Mimikyu is arguably more powerful than Mallow, Sophocles and Lillie’s Pokemon combined.
The fact that Jessie and James are even taking part in the league in the first place is a waste of time and space. They are joke villains who exist only to mildly inconvenience Ash on a regular basis. They aren’t serious trainers and don’t have any real kind of goal. Their competing in the league isn’t going to lead to any development for them. League original characters would have more of a point than them. At least with Contests and Performances, we had a subplot devoted to Jessie wanting to be a part of that and her journey along the way. Here, they’re just in the League because the standards for competition are so low, all you need is to have a pulse to qualify and thus they’re just throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it.

And as for the classmates, I still stand by that none of them except Ash and Kiawe have any place competing either as they aren’t battlers nor does it line up with anything of their goals. Lana wants to make bubbles to explore the sea, Sophocles wants to be an astronaut, Mallow wants to improve her family’s restaurant and Lillie wants to get closer to Pokémon. None of these characters are battle oriented nor has the anime actually given them so much as the development to explain why they even have an interest in competing when they barely have shown an interest in battling the entire series. That causes a pretty big disconnect as their being there feels hollow and thus there’s nothing to root for.

Just given who they chose to be important in this league, just as has been said numerous times, this feels less like a league and more like a Club Tournament from Black and White.

I personally find this episode better than any of the classmates battling since it provides a good chunk of character development for the TRio. Two inseparable people battling (they literally use their Z-Moves as a team) against each other is a more interesting show off than Shaymin struggling against Eevee imo.

This brings the question of, who’s going to use the Rocket trio’s Z-Ring in the battle?

I still don't get why some folks actually think that TR will break up by the end of the saga and leave the show; it's as if nobody learned their lesson from BW. Jessie and James battling here doesn't imply that their time on the show is over imo. It's just a change to the formula and I'm glad that they're both battling each other.

I personally find this episode better than any of the classmates battling since it provides a good chunk of character development for the TRio. Two inseparable people battling (they literally use their Z-Moves as a team) against each other is a more interesting show off than Shaymin struggling against Eevee imo.

This brings the question of, who’s going to use the Rocket trio’s Z-Ring in the battle?
Nanu appears and reveals his story with Giovanni then he gives James a z-ring (not a z-power ring because James doesn't need it) , would you like this?

I'll be honest, this league looks underdeveloped, but I can't be mad over hearing that THIS battle will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom