• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outcome is given before the match even starts?!
What do they mean by this? That it's a given that Sonansu should win? Or that whoever wins it's a given that that suspicious duo are through to the next round? Anyway, Kojiro winning is now a given, given how bait-ly the summary has been written. It's the outcome I'm after, I just hope they do it justice story and battle-wise. I'm not sure how I'd feel about Hidoide evolving, but I can now see that it's a definite possibility.

Why does Musashi look so cross in that cap? Is it because Kojiro's not into the idea of battling? (He looks so funny just bumming out like that. Hope they don't actually have an AG style argument though.) Or is she actually pointing at Sonansu to say 'You're up buddy'? Also, they both look so cute with their serious faces in those tiny character pictures. I can't quite tell if they look serious or upset though...

...Why is Gladion actively gimping himself by using his weakest pokemon without a Z-Move?!

Anything to make Lillie look "skilled" and "developed as a battler" I guess
Is it confirmed that he doesn't have the Dark Z-Crystal? Like he probably did Kuchinashi's trial and all since he's confirmed to have completed the island challenge.

Is it confirmed that he doesn't have the Dark Z-Crystal? Like he probably did Kuchinashi's trial and all since he's confirmed to have completed the island challenge.

He did, but Nanu was the first Kahuna he faced and the one he got his Z-Ring from. So if he has the Darkinium Z, he'll have had it all along and just not used it until now.

...Why is Gladion actively gimping himself by using his weakest pokemon without a Z-Move?!

Anything to make Lillie look "skilled" and "developed as a battler" I guess

Gladion has beaten all 4 Kahunas, so could have liked received a Dark-Z; Umbreon could have a normal type move to use the Normal-Z. Or he could inexplicably pull out any Z-Crystal for Umbreon use just as he did with the Dragon-Z. Or Umbreon will win without a Z-Love because it’s probably much stronger than Snowy...

What makes me saddest is that Snowy has been a support fighter is every battle it’s participated in (which is... two?) and never trained and Umbreon has been an actual battler for months/years ahead, and yet I’m sure they’ll make it so they are somewhat matched.

When was that revealed?

His Z-Ring is an Ula'ula style one and looks identical to the one Team Rocket got from Nanu aside from the color.

Z-Power_Ring_USUM_concept_art.png

Ash, Lillie, and Hau are using Z-Rings made by Hala
Kiawe, Lana, and Mallow are using Z-Rings made by Olivia
Gladion and Team Rocket are using Z-Rings made by Nanu
And Sophocles is using a Z-Ring made by Hapu

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

Fierce battles continue in the Pokémon League! Musashi and Kojiro from the Rocket Gang have to fight each other. How will that go?! And we also get a sibling showdown between Lilie and Gladio!
Also, part 3 of the outcome prediction campaign!

Summary:
Stage 1 of the knockout round in the Alola Pokémon League continues on! There's all kinds of battles you can't miss out on here, like Māmane VS Matsurika and Kaki VS Acerola! In addition, Musashi and Kojiro from the Rocket Gang end up having to fight each other. How do they plan on fulfilling their ambitions?! We also get Lilie and Gladio's sibling showdown! Lilie is going for a Z-Move... how will the fruits of her training show?! Will she manage to defeat her brother?!
We also have the third part of the outcome prediction campaign! The products you can win are super extravagant this time as well!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinirchiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Blacky
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Junko Takeuchi: Hapu'u
Mitsuaki Madono: Sauboh
Sayaka Kinoshita: Lusamine
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
Chika Fujimura: Wicke
Jun Fukuyama: Hau
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Haruka Tomatsu: Matsurika
Sumire Morohoshi: Acerola
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

His Z-Ring is an Ula'ula style one and looks identical to the one Team Rocket got from Nanu aside from the color.

Z-Power_Ring_USUM_concept_art.png

Ash, Lillie, and Hau are using Z-Rings made by Hala
Kiawe, Lana, and Mallow are using Z-Rings made by Olivia
Gladion and Team Rocket are using Z-Rings made by Nanu
And Sophocles is using a Z-Ring made by Hapu
You've got a good eye.

I'm really looking forward to Gladion's Umbreon getting some focus, show off some new moves and maybe a Z-Move

Mika Kanai is credited as Togedemaru, hence why Bewear is absent
True. I have a feeling Bewear will definitely interrupt Jessie and James' battle.

I have decided to be polite and not air my opinions on this, as members can probably guess what I would say anyway
Right. I'm looking forward to seeing Jessie and James' battle, as well as Lillie and Gladion's battle.

Honestly Kiteruguma appearing is the least of my concerns for this episode. I think what’s going to happen is either a. We’ll get a scene of Nuikoguma and Kiteruguma in the onsen or b. Kiteruguma will appear in the stands but she’ll let them compete in the league and watch like she did in SM 76. Honestly I’m hoping it’s scenario b because my pipe dream for this league was that Kiteruguma and Nuikoguma would sit in the stands and cheer Musashi and Kojiro on like one of those parents that screams whenever their kid scores a goal during their sports game.

My main concern about this episode is, at least from what the summaries sound like, they’re shoving four battles into this one, especially Lillie vs Gladion which I would’ve thought would get it’s own episode. I really hope that doesn’t interfere with Musashi and Kojiro’s screentime or effect the quality and pacing of each of the battles.

Last edited:
We can't really tell which battles will be the highlight based on the title.

Mallow and Lana's battle s in the title for SM130, but Ash and Guzma's battles against Faba and Ilima are undoubtedly more important for the league overall.

And considering Team Rocket's diminished focus in this series, Lillie vs Gladion probably be the real highlight here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom