• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me hopes James will defeat Wobbuffet with Mareanie, Wobbuffet is only just more useful then Magikarp or Feebas

Oof, that's a huge insult. How many times Sonans saved me in Stadium 2...

If you're talking about the anime, that's Musashi's fault as she can't use its powers correctly. Under Kojiro's wing it would be a beast.

Wobbuffet is only just more useful then Magikarp or Feebas
It has overpowered opponents thanks to its reflecting moves, you know...
It’s usually forgotten (in battles) in favour of Jessie’s Pokemon of the region, that’s why we don’t see it doing anything outside of niche situations.
The issue seems to be that you don’t really seem to like anything about TR, Wobuffet by extension.

I’m predicting Wobuffet wins by deflecting Black Hole Eclipse. Edit: The summaries are setting up James as the underdog...
Maybe he wins, but then he’d have difficulty using the full rocket arsenal in the next round since Mimikyu has zero chance of obeying him.

As much as I want Acerola or Mina to win, I get the uncomfortable feeling BOTH Ash-tachii boys will advance...

Though is Lillie vs Gladion happening here, or are they saving it for next episode to give it some more action?

Just please tell me it won't be like last episode where the main fight got so much focus the rest of short and felt like something out of BW...

Last edited:
As much as I want Acerola or Mina to win, I get the uncomfortable feeling BOTH Ash-tachii boys will advance...

Though is Lillie vs Gladion happening here, or are they saving it for next episode to give it some more action?

Just please tell me it won't be like last episode where the main fight got so much focus the rest of short and felt like something out of BW...
I think Kaki is like 99% guaranteed to win, but Mamane vs. Matsurika is like 50% for either side.

Ever since the league was officially announced and everyone was sort of confirmed to participate in, I've had the feeling that both a Mao vs. Suiren and a Suiren vs. Kaki would happen because it would just make too much sense to their character dynamics. The first one already happened so I'm kinda expecting Kaki to win in an eventual top 8 match against Suiren unless they take the top 8 battles in another direction.

It certainly is interesting when everyone in the final rounds of the league is a character we've already gotten to know.
It would be if they had been developed as actual skilled battlers with a style of their own especially the main cast. But the way it is, there’s no real tension because of the fact that most of them are rookies and sure to get demolished beyond the top 16 should they survive. For example, Sinnoh was great because we had gotten to know Ash’s opponents through the region and seen their skills in battling with the league being where they really shined. It’s just not the same here.

They’re known to hand it back and forth too, and it’s not as if Wobuffet is going to use a Z-Move.
That's when they've fought side by side. Here, they're fighting against each other. And even if Wobbuffet can't use a Z-Move, Jessie could be just stopping James from using one by keeping the ring with herself.

That's when they've fought side by side. Here, they're fighting against each other. And even if Wobbuffet can't use a Z-Move, Jessie could be just stopping James from using one by keeping the ring with herself.

I hope that won't he the case. I think Jessie's characterization already got past that kind of selfishness. I hope her being mean towards ver partner isn't played here as sort of "comic relief". I'm looking forward for a mature attitude from both or them, actually respecting each other and acknowledging (and supporting the next round) whoever wins.

I think it'd be better if Jessie's Wobbuffet used Destiny Bond or Safeguard in this episode.

I hope that won't he the case. I think Jessie's characterization already got past that kind of selfishness. I hope her being mean towards ver partner isn't played here as sort of "comic relief". I'm looking forward for a mature attitude from both or them, actually respecting each other and acknowledging (and supporting the next round) whoever wins.
Okay. Maybe she just has it but doesn't give it to him for some other reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom