• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Ended up missing part of the episode because the live stream I use wasn't working so missed Mina vs Sophocles and most of Jessie vs James

Yet another wasted opportunity, Acerola could have shown off Never-Ending Nightmare against Kiawe but no, as with the Poison and Psychic Z-Moves, it wasn't to be

Don't know how I describe this episode. Except only Jessie playing defend too much that costed the her lose. Also, Gladion's Umbreon wondering he is going to be be the winner of the league. The whole community riot again.

Overall: A-

Last edited:
Wow.

How....

uhhhh.....

How underwhelming!

That's all I can say for this episode. It was underwhelming at almost every turn possible aside from the Team Rocket battle and Lillie and Gladion's but even those were over far too quickly, in fact the entire episode just skips from one battle to the next barely giving any of them time to breathe. At least with the previous episode I could sort of feel something with Guzma and Lana's battles but I felt nothing here at all.

At least
James came out as the unexpected winner, hooray for Mareanie!

Don't know how I describe this episode. Except only Jessie playing defend too much that costed the her lose. Also, Gladion's Umbreon wondering he is will be the winner of the league. The whole community riot again.

Overall: A-
Since the next round will be 2 vs 2, the only problem is James only has one Pokemon and that is Mareanie. I suppose he will ask Meowth to be his second Pokemon for the 2 vs 2 battle, there is no other choice.

I only liked Mamane's battle
Acerola's defeated was too easy
Musashi's defeated was also too easy
Lilie's defeat was simply pathetic
Most clickbaity episode title ever!

5/10

Next will have:

Gladio vs Kojiro
Hau vs Satoshi
Kaki vs Mamane
Guzma vs Suiren

Since the next round will be 2 vs 2, the only problem is James only has one Pokemon and that is Mareanie. I suppose he will ask Meowth to be his second Pokemon for the 2 vs 2 battle, there is no other choice.
Or Mimikyu if the writer wanted or not. Nonetheless, in the end they all going to bring it back by Bewear in a result of disqualify after she and Stufful had enough the hot spring back in secret hideout.

Uhhhh... I didn't like this episode's pacing at all. The stream failed a couple minutes and I missed the very only match (aside from maybe Acerola va Kaki) that I wanted to watch. Far too quick battles!

I liked that Kojiro won, but I missed why he agreed initially to let Musashi win. Geez, guess I'll have to wait until someone uploads the episode to find out why.

((Proceeds to rant in Spanish Estoy... decepcionada a decir verdad. Jaja. Mejor me hubiera esperado. Nunca espero nada de esta serie y aún así consigue decepcionarme (?))

Or Mimikyu if the writer wanted or not. Nonetheless, in the end they all going to bring it back by Bewear in a result of disqualify after she and Stufful had enough the hot spring back in secret hideout.
I don't think so... I mean, Kojiro Is clearly going to lose against Gladio. So it doesn't really make sense to let Bewear interrupt the match.

... Well, we will have to wait another week to find out.

Satoshi was ten when he saw Kojiro's evolved Dogasu for the first time and is still ten and Kojiro was 25 when his Dogasu evolved and still is 25

God I hope this isn't correct
I still haven't got to terms to the fact that I started watching this series at a very young age and now I just caught up with Kojiro and Musashi age.

Wow.

How....

uhhhh.....

How underwhelming!

That's all I can say for this episode. It was underwhelming at almost every turn possible aside from the Team Rocket battle and Lillie and Gladion's but even those were over far too quickly, in fact the entire episode just skips from one battle to the next barely giving any of them time to breathe. At least with the previous episode I could sort of feel something with Guzma and Lana's battles but I felt nothing here at all.

At least
James came out as the unexpected winner, hooray for Mareanie!
That was obviously
I think a lot of people knew it

The second round will be 2 vs 2 really?

I’m curious what did James said to his Pokémon that made them defeat Jessie?

How u all know that Rowlet told wingull to get his family was it extra scene if yes I couldn’t find it

I was hoping Lana vs Kiwai
Spoloch vs guzama but I was wrong darn I really wanted this way more but oh well

The second round will be 2 vs 2 really?

I’m curious what did James said to his Pokémon that made them defeat Jessie?

How u all know that Rowlet told wingull to get his family was it extra scene if yes I couldn’t find it

I was hoping Lana vs Kiwai
Spoloch vs guzama but I was wrong darn I really wanted this way more but oh well
I think it was actually Mareanie who convinced James to take the match seriously... Like she knew him well enough to catch that he actually wanted to win and come further Into the competition?

What I didn't understand was...wtf with the wedding march theme playing in the background? XD Haha

Knowing how bad of an experience Lana & Primarina have with Team Skull, I highly doubt she’ll go quietly if she does lose to Guzma.

On the other hand, if she somehow wins, it’ll be further confirmation amongst fans that she’s a creators’ pet.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom