• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM132: Overcome Junaiper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm right about this episode being about Team Rocket trying to catch Decidueye, this is another boring filler episode, just like they did in the Indigo League

Summary Courtesy of Dephender

Satoshi and Mokuroh are training before their battle against Island King Hala's grandson Hau in the second round of the knockout round. And when Dodekabashi and the Tsutsukera show up, Satoshi and Mokuroh learn to use the move "Feather Dance". Will Mokuroh, who's at a disadvantage against Hau's Pokémon Junaiper, be able to use Feather Dance as its trump card?
Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)

Feather Dance!? Why is Rowlet gonna learn a meme attack?! Why not something more useful? I hate the way that the writing staff sleep on Rowlet.

Image result for enough gif

Summary Courtesy of Dephender

Satoshi and Mokuroh are training before their battle against Island King Hala's grandson Hau in the second round of the knockout round. And when Dodekabashi and the Tsutsukera show up, Satoshi and Mokuroh learn to use the move "Feather Dance". Will Mokuroh, who's at a disadvantage against Hau's Pokémon Junaiper, be able to use Feather Dance as its trump card?
Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
6 Episodes and still on the 2nd Knockout Round? Glad this league won't be rushed.

Feather Dance!? Why is Rowlet gonna learn a meme attack?! Why not something more useful? I hate the way that the writing staff sleep on Rowlet.

Image result for enough gif

What else does it need?

It's already got Razor Leaf, Brave Bird, and Seed Bomb for offense, and Feather Dance is most likely replacing Tackle.

That's a well-rounded moveset.

What else does it need?

It's already got Razor Leaf, Brave Bird, and Seed Bomb for offense, and Feather Dance is most likely replacing Tackle.

That's a well-rounded moveset.

I think that Feather Dance is gonna replace Razor Leaf, as all of Ash's base stage starters have a normal type move in their arsenal, aside from Bulbasaur. Squirtle and Totodile even have 2 normal type moves currently.

considering how rarely Satoshi's Pokemon learn non-offensive moves.

For good reason: Ash is more of a melee battler who hardly has to rely on non-offensive attacks.

I just hate how Rowlet's getting Feather Dance as a trump card against Decidueye since I hate it when the writers give a Pokemon a specific attack just to counter one Pokemon. It's even worse in this case because this might be Rowlet's last major battle, so he might not even get to use Feather Dance against any other opponents, therefore making the move a blatant plot device for this one battle. It just feels lazy to give Rowlet a counter specifically for Decidueye, aka an opponent that he'll almost certainly never fight again after the league.

I'm conflicted. I love an episode dedicated to my favorite starter family, as well as Rowlet learning a new move, but the fact that Hau's Decidueye is going to have to lose to Rowlet? It's very disappointing. I know full well "this is the anime" and I shouldn't be surprised, but I thought Hau would have lost to someone else in a more dignified manner.
Heck, I'll even take Pikachu defeating Decidueye.

16-ash vs Faba Mallow vs lana
jessie vs james Hau vs oak
guzma vs illima sophocles vs mina
We still have to know what will happen to kiawe and lilie and acerola and gladion
8 -ash vs Hau

Are we shooting for the longest league? Glad to see they're not rushing this actually.
After this I feel things will speed up considerably, I doubt soph will beat mina, kiawe and lillie are surprisingly unconfirmed, but even if they pass the BR, I doubt lillie will get any further than top 16 or kiawe top 8, and their battles there will most likely be short, same thing for whoever wins between lana/mallow and jessie/james

16-ash vs Faba Mallow vs lana
jessie vs james Hau vs oak
guzma vs illima sophocles vs mina
We still have to know what will happen to kiawe and lilie and acerola and gladion
8 -ash vs Hau
I'm going to make a bold guess and say that Lillie won't make it to top 16.

I'm going to make another bold guess and say top 16 are going to be double battles.

Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom