• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This title is the best one and that's because I always think that they wanted to do an attack similar to Sky Attack or God bird in Japan Version. And because Sky cannot be used and because it difficult to learn this attack from silver then they made brave bird and it has a similar name.

Anyway, I just hoped that this episode between the fairy girl Mina with her fairy pokemon Ribombee against the flying girl the elite four in both SM USUM Kahili with her flying Pokemon Toucannon (Dodekabashi). Because Really the title is the best
kahili is out already (didn't even get to top 16), this is ash vs hau/rowlet vs decidueye

kahili is out already (didn't even get to top 16), this is ash vs hau/rowlet vs decidueye

I know that but it is really frustrating to me that she didn't reach to next stage.

I still can't believe that freaking Samson Oak made it through but the Queen of Golf & Birds didn't. It's outrageous, it's a scandal.

I can't belive Hau is here and Kahili is not. She should be one of the 16 players who made it to next stage

Rath said:
It's not happening because everyone adores Rowlet. He's the fan-favorite of Gen 7. The Everstone was fanservice, they're not getting rid of the #1 most popular member of Ash's team.

But his popularity isn't even a good excuse anymore since the saga will be reaching its finale maybe four or five months from now, so there's no point in milking Rowlet when the Galar Starters are so much more popular now than the Alola Starters. By the way that second half of your argument makes it sound like you actually think that Rowlet will stay in the cast forever like some kind of second Pikachu.

Wow I can't believe that Kahili didn't make it past the battle royal, although this explains why she wasn't revealed to be competing in the League until a few days before the episode aired.

D_GsJLMXUAAg8c1.jpg:orig

New official league poster

What has Ilima done to warrant bursts of focus out of nowhere?

It's supposed to be an (in-universe) upset. Ilima is seemingly perfect, adored by everyone, and considered to be the most likely to win the league. He was even personally asked by Kukui to enter the league before he even announced it to anyone else, including Ash and friends. Him losing to Guzma, the villain, is supposed to be a huge shock.

That's just part of the interview. Would be nice if someone could translate the whole thing. Its on the left of the picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 10.59.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 10.59.23 AM.png
    992.2 KB · Views: 68
For some reason "there will be no very strong trainer out of nowhere this time" was hilarious to me.

Anyway, Satoshi to win or else I call match fixing.
Hope is the first step to disappointment.

We should all just try to be satisfied that we're getting a rocket vs rocket battle and that Our Boy Guzma is knocking out Ilima.

I wouldn't care so much if the Masked Royal exhibition match weren't a thing. But a rematch between Ash and the Masked Royal was confirmed in the last Battle Royal episode.

So yeah, if we don't get the rematch we were promised, I'm calling BS and dropping the anime forever.

At least they acknowledged the blatant plot devices.

On the Masked Royal match, I’ll honestly rage if Ash's first choice against Incineroar is Pikachu.
I'm having a feeling it will be a 2 VS 1 type of battle. Pikachu and Torracat vs Incineroar
Ilima winning against Plumeria is already an asspull. Eevee was clearly weaker than Salazzle, and all its moves being stars was annoying.

That was understandable imo. Plumeria's main goal was to weaken Eevee since Illima is the so called "favorite" to win the league according to the poke problem.

The thing I find funny about the "Ilima is the favourite to win" is it mentions his Kalos league entry...
....but Ash got second place in the same tournament, clearly outdoing Ilma, unless Ilma is Alain in a clever disguise.

At least they acknowledged the blatant plot devices.

On the Masked Royal match, I’ll honestly rage if Ash's first choice against Incineroar is Pikachu.
I'd guess Torracat for the exhibition if Ash wins the League (big if). Pikachu to be the one finishing Guzma would be thematically appropriate for his starter to win the league, though it could be said the Orange League already fulfilled that trope with Pika beating Dragonite (considering the low barrier to enter I'm not sure the Alola League should be seen as more impressive than the Orange League or the Battle Frontier--if he wins it'll only get attention for being a game league.
...in retrospect the old "if he wins a league the series is over" interview makes even less sense considering the Orange League!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom