• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I find funny about the "Ilima is the favourite to win" is it mentions his Kalos league entry...
....but Ash got second place in the same tournament, clearly outdoing Ilma, unless Ilma is Alain in a clever disguise.

I'd guess Torracat for the exhibition if Ash wins the League (big if). Pikachu to be the one finishing Guzma would be thematically appropriate for his starter to win the league, though it could be said the Orange League already fulfilled that trope with Pika beating Dragonite (considering the low barrier to enter I'm not sure the Alola League should be seen as more impressive than the Orange League or the Battle Frontier--if he wins it'll only get attention for being a game league.
...in retrospect the old "if he wins a league the series is over" interview makes even less sense considering the Orange League!)

The Kalos League that Ilima participated in is not the same one Ash participated in.

The Kalos League that Ilima participated in is not the same one Ash participated in.
Thanks, that explains that part. I suppose that idea should have occured to me but in my defense my allergies are awful this year and I can't always think straight.
Edit: LOL I should have read the wiki more carefully, he won his league.

I am going to laugh so hard if Guzma unceremoniously jobs to Ilima, which could be a callback to the Indigo hyping up Ash vs Gary, only for Gary to get eliminated before Ash and having to wait another region to face him

That's precisely because there WAS another region. The original plan for the anime was an 80 episode + 1 movie run. Ash would have fought Gary in the Indigo League. But then the franchise and show became massively popular, so plans changed and Ash and Gary's climactic final battle was postponed to the Johto League.

When will the Ilima shilling finally end?

Image result for enough gif

That's precisely because there WAS another region. The original plan for the anime was an 80 episode + 1 movie run. Ash would have fought Gary in the Indigo League. But then the franchise and show became massively popular, so plans changed and Ash and Gary's climactic final battle was postponed to the Johto League.
This was back when the plan was for Ash to give up on being a trainer at the end, I think?

So will he loose again

Attachments

• C0D0CE8C-2A70-48A5-8F6C-2D9D89C562EB.png
    C0D0CE8C-2A70-48A5-8F6C-2D9D89C562EB.png
    398.7 KB · Views: 159
So everyone belived he going to win

What happens if he wins will get get new trainer as main character
They don't have to if they make him lose against Masked Royal reinforcing the idea that he still has a long way to go or something like that. Either that or they implement title defense and he loses the title against Gladio or something, idk.

They don't have to if they make him lose against Masked Royal reinforcing the idea that he still has a long way to go or something like that. Either that or they implement title defense and he loses the title against Gladio or something, idk.
So u believe he won’t win and shouldn’t yet be Champion

I keep saying if he wins he might decline the champion title to give it to royal mask that be predictable idea to happen makes the most sense

It says there's no walking plot devicr to steal the win.
But he can decline

I honestly doubt Ilima is going to even get in Ash's way. I think they're really building up Guzma as a major opponent for Ash, and they've laid out his motives, so it presents a real problem that needs to be solved. Ilima is going up against Ya Boy Guzma, and I honestly think Guzma is gonna beat him.

That was understandable imo. Plumeria's main goal was to weaken Eevee since Illima is the so called "favorite" to win the league according to the poke problem.
That goal could’ve been achieved with Eevee fainting/Salazzle not fainting. That match looked really rigged. Salazzle got hit by literally one move, whereas Eevee actually showed signs of weakness.

I'd guess Torracat for the exhibition if Ash wins the League (big if).
I said that because the opening shows Incineroar battling Pikachu and not Torracat.

That goal could’ve been achieved with Eevee fainting/Salazzle not fainting. That match looked really rigged. Salazzle got hit by literally one move, whereas Eevee actually showed signs of weakness.

I said that because the opening shows Incineroar battling Pikachu and not Torracat.

So I’m going to be as everyone Ash will win and decide to not become champion because he needs to continue his journey to become stronger for winning a another league and battle the elite four then the champion of that region

Eevee is too only hit once by Dragon Claw, and it supposed to be Ilima's powerhouse.

Don’t forget he has use a lot of power evee and it’s unkown how many opponents he battle during the royal could be few more then Team Skull Also She is second strongest member of Skull Gang

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom