• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score

Nothing other than the title for this one and the airdate: August 5th.

Let me guess... Ash VS Hau?

Sounds like Rowlet vs Decidueye to me, and no doubt following anime tradition, the non evolved starter will defeat its fully evolved form

No summary as yet but staff involved are:

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)
Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)

Information courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

This already sounds like the anime equivalent of Angry Birds. For some reason my love for Hau has vanished in recent weeks, so I'm looking forward to Decidueye getting stomped by Dartrix Rowlet.

Ash: Has completed several trials, misc battles, and battled four Kahuna prior to entering the league
Hau: Beat one Kahuna prior to entering the league

How is this even a battle?!

If they actually reference that, I swear...
Rowlet is literally a round bird and has been thrown several times, so...

Ash: Has completed several trials, misc battles, and battled four Kahuna prior to entering the league
Hau: Beat one Kahuna prior to entering the league

How is this even a battle?!
Also Ash (and Pikachu): competed in 7 previous Leagues, won once and placed respectably in most of the others.

If you apply this kind of logic then NONE of the opponents in this League are gonna provide adequate battles for him. We just gotta put on our suspension of disbelief goggles and roll with this one...

Also Ash (and Pikachu): competed in 7 previous Leagues, won once and placed respectably in most of the others.

If you apply this kind of logic then NONE of the opponents in this League are gonna provide adequate battles for him. We just gotta put on our suspension of disbelief goggles and roll with this one...
Contrary to popular belief, just because Pikachu can tangle with legendary pokemon, it still can only do so much

Not to mention it does weird things to the opponent's pokemon since Pikachu can keep up with a Zeraora, who's capable of moving faster than the eye can see, so the fact Pikachu struggles at all is mind-boggling

sheesh, some consistent writing would be nice...

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of a battle with Hau. We don't need to see his defeat again.

I think it's interesting the great highlight that will be given to Hau and his Pokémon in these next episodes, but it is undeniable that Ash's big rival at the end of the league will be Gladion.

I just hope this battle starts in the previous episode and is a 3 on 3 battle.

What about Guzma who is literally the villain of the league?
True, I had forgotten about Guzma! But in any case, another challenge for Ash before facing Guzma is to defeat Gladion and his Pokémon, and then defend his promise made to Kukui (in this case, to prevent Guzma from destroying Alola's Pokémon League).

Probably the same way Sawyer went from buttmonkey to badass in XY&Z

Except Sawyer did get all of the badges while we just learned in the last episode that Hau is STILL a rookie trainer who's only beaten one Kahuna (his grandfather, Hala). Hala even said that Hau's island challenge has only just begun and that beating him was only his first step.

Despite having two fully-evolved Pokemon (Decidueye and Raichu), Hau is still a noob.

Anyone expecting this episode is where Ash is going lose?

Except Sawyer did get all of the badges while we just learned in the last episode that Hau is STILL a rookie trainer who's only beaten one Kahuna (his grandfather, Hala). Hala even said that Hau's island challenge has only just begun and that beating him was only his first step.

Despite having two fully-evolved Pokemon (Decidueye and Raichu), Hau is still a noob.
Well Hau may be a rookie but compared to most of those who entered this thing, he’s probably one of the only 7 trainers there with any qualifications to be there other than a pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom