• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

I love how so many Japanese folks on Twitter were all up in arms over Ash’s “supposed” loss to Hau.

Like guys, did you really expect Ash would lose this early? Because if he did, then they wouldn’t have mentioned him facing off against Guzma now would he?

Also Hala is Ash’s Moogle Coin.

That wasn't a great episode

Rowlet appearing to be defeated, only for Hala to realize it was sleeping and overruling Nanu's decision, anyone recall a time where Squirtle was ruled unable to battle when put to sleep by Butterfree during the league

Rubbish cliffhanger as a bug type move won't do much damage against Charizard

Liked how Zap Cannon paralyzed Charizard, like it would in the game

Nice that Sophocles uses Vikavolt as his main battler, Togedemaru wouldn't be much good

That wasn't a great episode

Rowlet appearing to be defeated, only for Hala to realize it was sleeping and overruling Nanu's decision, anyone recall a time where Squirtle was ruled unable to battle when put to sleep by Butterfree during the league

Rubbish cliffhanger as a bug type move won't do much damage against Charizard

Liked how Zap Cannon paralyzed Charizard, like it would in the game

Nice that Sophocles uses Vikavolt as his main battler, Togedemaru wouldn't be much good
This episode really given us a false outrage about Ash lose. And also yeah a stupid cliffhanger of Bug Z-Move against Charizard as we all know it is going to survived that.

Zap Cannon paralysed Charizard out of logic.

Also, the episode, I will give it a B-. Seriously, if Ash lose over here then, we all can skip the whole Pokemon league.

Not only was Rowlet's fake loss complete and utter Tauros, did anyone else notice how a lot of long held shots were used to pad out the runtime?

Let's at least hope the next episode can be better, which, judging by the previews, it will be.

Fujisaku, please stay out of battle episodes and stay with the slice-of-life episodes you exel in.

Not only was Rowlet's fake loss complete and utter Tauros, did anyone else for be how a lot of long held shots were used to pad out the runtime?

Let's all least hope the next episode can be better, which, judging by the previews, it will be.

Fujisaku, please stay our of battle episodes and stay with the slice-of-life episodes you exel in.

Was prepared to give Fujisaku some credit but it turns out he wasn't worth it

I agree with your review Finnish, complete Tauros

Almost correct with my prediction, except substitute instead of feather dance as the move to escape from sky attack. So last weeks episode teased substitute and Rowlet masters it here. The win for Ash felt a bit cheap. If I recall correctly, Decidueye has landed more hits on Rowlet then the other way around. I liked how substitute was used here.
I can see why people are mad about the Ash vs Hau part (fake loss), but it was also very intense imo. It could have been much better, but I don't think it was bad.

Kaki versus Mamane looks pretty good so far and the preview is promising either. Mamane plays a good tactical game to prevent Charizard from getting close to Vikavolt.

Hmm Meltan is calling for help, so we will probably see Melmetal during the league. That's awesome! This will maybe increase the chance of battles during the semi finals, with more than one pokemon per trainer, because I think Pikachu will fight Golisopod (best moment for Pikashinium-Z) and Lycanroc and Torracat deserve also some spotlight during the (semi) finals.

I give this episode a 7/10, maybe that will change when the subs are out.

Attachments

• 6B3B4A17-3CB2-422B-85C3-DC678B21175E.jpeg
    6B3B4A17-3CB2-422B-85C3-DC678B21175E.jpeg
    308.5 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
anyone recall a time where Squirtle was ruled unable to battle when put to sleep by Butterfree during the league
To be fair, sleeping should have never counted as a knockout in the anime. Imagine sending a Komala into battle for it to be instantly disqualified.
Early Installment Weirdness at its finest...

Almost correct with my prediction, except substitute instead of feather dance as the move to escape from sky attack. So last weeks episode teased substitute and Rowlet masters it here. The win for Ash felt a bit cheap. If I recall correctly, Decidueye has landed more hits on Rowlet then the other way around. I liked how substitute was used here.
I think it was still Feather Dance.

Hmm Meltan is calling for help, so we will probably see Melmetal during the league. That's awesome. This will maybe increase the chance of a 3 vs 3 during the semi finals, because I think Pikachu will fight Golisopod and Lycanroc and Torracat deserve also some spotlight.

I did wonder what Meltan was doing, having never played Lets Go, I'm unfamiliar with Meltan, curious to see what happns but I certainly hope Torracat gets some much needed focus

Early Installment Weirdness at its finest...

A sign of how bad the writing can be, this episode reminded me of that one

I did wonder what Meltan was doing, having never played Lets Go, I'm unfamiliar with Meltan, curious to see what happns but I certainly hope Torracat gets some much needed focus
All we can hope is, that they finally decided to form together to become Melmetal to help Ash to win the league. But we all know, what going to happens.

A sign of how bad the writing can be, this episode reminded me of that one
Which one? The battle between Ash and Hapu, the final grand trial?

Which one? The battle between Ash and Hapu, the final grand trial?

Was referring to the Indigo League battle between Ash and Ritchie but now you mention it, The battle between Ash and Hapu

Guess we're lucky that Rowlet didn't defeat Decidueye with Tackle like Pikachu defeated Musdale with Gigavolt Havoc

Hmm Meltan is calling for help, so we will probably see Melmetal during the league. That's awesome! This will maybe increase the chance of battles during the semi finals, with more than one pokemon per trainer, because I think Pikachu will fight Golisopod (best moment for Pikashinium-Z) and Lycanroc and Torracat deserve also some spotlight during the (semi) finals.
Now that you mention it, Melmetal is a pure Steel-type Pokemon and it's immune to poison-type moves so... It's still possible 'cause Melmetal is yet to appear in this series..

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom