• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

I would agree if it wasn't a recurring theme with him. Jun'ichi has proven multiple times now that he's not good at writing battles. Criticizing him as a person would be wrong, but people here have just been criticizing his proven inability to screenwrite battles. Granted it's probably ultimately Matsui's fault for continuing to assign battle episodes to him despite the clear deficiency (especially when's he's quite proficient at writing slice of life as seen with several of his non-battle episodes), but at the end of the day it's difficult not to point out a definite pattern when it's there.

"Clear deficiency"...to the small minority of fans who post on message boards or who tweet about it, maybe. But why would the showrunners have any reason think they have a problem big enough to shake things up? Does Mr. Fujisaku constantly miss deadlines? Do his scripts require multiple rewrites? Does he not do the assignment?

Okay, seriously Fujisaku should stick to slice of life. Do not make Fujisaku a major writer for Sword and Shield. The fake out loss for Ash was actually ridiculous. Seriously don't do that to us in favor of yet another gag.
I agree with you. Slice-of-life episodes should be better for him than battles.

I really think you kids should be tempering your expectations a bit :rolleyes: 133 episodes into the Sun and Moon series, it’s unrealistic to expect Kalos league level battles.

This is still some of the best stuff we’ve had out of this series.
DP was 188 episodes in and delivered one of the best episodes in THE series.

I didn't think a League episode that was set up for and hyped up multiple times, would end up dropping the ball so hard and actually making me consider to stop investing my time in this series battlewise. To not only keeping Hau from securing a win not once, but TWICE because "the silly bird does silly thing! xd" was a letdown and barely made Ash's win deserved at all, especially when theres been multiple occasions where Pokemon have been DQ'ed by sleeping. The brief minute of Sophocles v. Kiawe alone looked better than the main battle of the week, which seems to be a recurring theme in this League. Hopefully that'll deliver better, even if we already know who wins

OVERALL SCORE:
4/10

Is that yes????
Calm down, please! And the answer is that Rowlet perfected Feather Dance.
especially when theres been multiple occasions where Pokemon have been DQ'ed by sleeping
I can actually think of only one case, which was with Squirtle at the Indigo League, and that was still in the field of Early Installment Weirdness.

Ash rowlet learned Subsitue not feather dance???

He made clone of himself to escape
It just took off its Decidueye suit and the subtitles call it “the art of substitution”.

So, Rowlet learnt feather dance as @FinnishPokéFan92 said and not substitute.

Oh and btw...
Reaction: #1
3 can summarise the entire episode.
Whereas 5 will be my reaction.

Rowlet vs Decidueye gave me awful Contest battle flashbacks because Ash managed to win despite landing significantly less hits on Decidueye than his opponent landed on Rowlet. All that was missing was the damage meter.

When you consider Brave Bird vs Sky Attack, Rowlet would have taken more damage from Sky Attack and recoil

So, kinda unrelated but the full interview with Sun & Moon Anime Director, Daiki Tomiyasu was released online. I don't know whether Google Translate is reliable but he says something about Winning a league doesn't make you a Pokemon Master in the interview. Really hope someone translates this and the interview doesn't go unnoticed. TVアニメ『ポケモン』監督・冨安大貴が語るポケモンリーグへの意気込み「キャラクターのバックボーンや日常を背負ったリーグを描きたい」【インタビュー】 – 超!アニメディア

So, kinda unrelated but the full interview with Sun & Moon Anime Director, Daiki Tomiyasu was released online. I don't know whether Google Translate is reliable but he says something about Winning a league doesn't make you a Pokemon Master in the interview. Really hope someone translates this and the interview doesn't go unnoticed.

If you ask me, to be a Pokemon Champion would be better, win the Pokemon League, battle the Elite 4 and win and then battle the champion and win would be just as good

So, kinda unrelated but the full interview with Sun & Moon Anime Director, Daiki Tomiyasu was released online. I don't know whether Google Translate is reliable but he says something about Winning a league doesn't make you a Pokemon Master in the interview. Really hope someone translates this and the interview doesn't go unnoticed. TVアニメ『ポケモン』監督・冨安大貴が語るポケモンリーグへの意気込み「キャラクターのバックボーンや日常を背負ったリーグを描きたい」【インタビュー】 – 超!アニメディア

@Dogasu

If you ask me, to be a Pokemon Champion would be better, win the Pokemon League, battle the Elite 4 and win and then battle the champion and win would be just as good
In every previous region, we've established to have a Champion League where the Trainer who wins the tournament gets to battle the Elite Four and the Champion. This obviously doesn't apply to Alola, which has neither right now.

Congratulations Hala, you made your grandson cry. Are you proud of yourself?

Actually, he probably is. A few seconds after the scene ended he likely slapped Hau, told him to stop being a baby then made him write a full report on everything he did wrong.

This episode was cool as the battle between Ash and Hau ended up with Ash's victory with Rowlet's Brave Bird move, but how surprised that Nanu's decision that Rowlet was unable to battle, but it wasn't realized that Rowlet was sleeping.

Also, Zap Cannon move gives 90% chance of the opponent paralyzed.

I give this episode a B.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom