• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

REVIEW: SM134: Everyone's Fully Powered! The Road to the Semifinals!!

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I mean, this would have made more sense if they had stablished how inaccurate and avoidable Zap Cannon can be. It needs charging and it’s just one single strike that needs previous aiming, unlike String Shot or Signal Beam’s rapid fire/continuous stream possibilities. Besides, getting close with Wild Charge too often was risky considering that Charizard’s a close range fighter.
I don’t think there would’ve been much issue using Zap Cannon a second time since Soph’s entire plan was incapacitating Charizard, which would increase Zap Cannon’s accuracy.

Alola

✧ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢʰⁱᵖ ⁱˢ ᵐᵃᵍⁱᶜ ✧
Reaction score
I mean, this would have made more sense if they had stablished how inaccurate and avoidable Zap Cannon can be. It needs charging and it’s just one single strike that needs previous aiming, unlike String Shot or Signal Beam’s rapid fire/continuous stream possibilities.
And when was this established in the anime? Zap Cannon has never been depicted to need charging (and doesn't in the games either) or be horribly inaccurate in comparison to an anime attack's usual hit-rate; it operates no different from the other spherical attacks such as Shadow Ball or Aura Sphere. In fact, we've seen several times how Pokemon have launched spherical attacks consecutively (rapid-fire), and even several simultaneously, which invalidates your argument in that respect.
Besides, getting close with Wild Charge too often was risky considering that Charizard’s a close range fighter.
Well, that was one of my earlier points-I was disappointed that Vikavolt was even given Wild Charge in the first place; Discharge should have been kept, or Sophocles should have tried to end things with Zap Cannon instead. That or have the speed drops from the String Shots and paralysis mean something, to the point that Charizard would have been too slow to even respond to Vikavolt's Wild Charge despite being a primarily close-range combatant (with Kiawe finding someway still to overcome that and win).

JinksChow

Reaction score
And when was this established in the anime? Zap Cannon has never been depicted to need charging (and doesn't in the games either) or be horribly inaccurate in comparison to an anime attack's usual hit-rate; it operates no different from the other spherical attacks such as Shadow Ball or Aura Sphere. In fact, we've seen several times how Pokemon have launched spherical attacks consecutively (rapid-fire), and even several simultaneously, which invalidates your argument in that respect.
While admittedly a long long time ago, back in AG170 (Ash's rematch against Anabel), Scott remarked that Zap Cannon's accuracy is not that high.