• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

PREVIEW: SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
So this means Ash's opponent in the semi finals is gonna be Ya Boy Guzma. I was actually hoping his semi finals opponent would be Gladion cause that would have meant a greater chance of Ash beating him.

Last edited:

JeoDude

Reaction score
Hmm.... So Ash vs Guzma in the semi-finals then. IMO this lowers the chance of him winning the league, he could lose to Gladion in the finals. It has similarities with the Ash vs Alain final... Hopefully it will be different this time, otherwise the salt intensifies.
I am curious to see where Guzma's character goes after his likely loss in the semi-final. Will he destroy the league because of frustration? Will Ash inspirer him to change? Interesting stuff.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
HOLD UP...

Ash vs Guzma is the semifinals? I sincerely hope they don’t end a league without Ash battling Gladion...

At least Ash got to battle his rival in Unova...

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Hope they give Kiawe and Gladion's battle some proper screen time and its 2-2 at least, we can easily have 3-3

FinnishPokéFan92

Hug's Up, Dude!
Reaction score
HOLD UP...

Ash vs Guzma is the semifinals? I sincerely hope they don’t end a league without Ash battling Gladion...

At least Ash got to battle his rival in Unova...
Too much is at stake for Ash to lose to Guzma. He swore to not let him destroy the League and to battle Gladion. They know how bad of a move not letting Ash battle Virgil was, they won't repeat it here. I'm 99.99% sure of that.
Hope they give Kiawe and Gladion's battle some proper screen time and its 2-2 at least, we can easily have 3-3
With all the semifinalists having at least three Pokémon, I could easily see 3-on-3 matches happening.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
With all the semifinalists having at least three Pokémon, I could easily see 3-on-3 matches happening.
Lets hope they dedicate an episode to each battle and not 2 battles per episode

The Alola League is looking to be the longest yet (and Sun and Moon could be the first episode to have more episodes than the previous series)

FinnishPokéFan92

Hug's Up, Dude!
Reaction score
Its just a theory unless they plan to cram a lot into a few episodes

Original Series: 274
Advanced Generation: 192
Diamond and Pearl: 191
Black and White: 142
XY: 140
We'll definitely be getting more than 140 episodes. We need to fill in the time before Gen 8, and Mohn still needs to be found.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Gladion has no connection to the Masked Royal to warrant battling him.
Good point, wonder if someone from Sword and Shield might appear in the anime, watch Ash battle and invite him to Galar to compete, didn't I read somewhere you can only battle in Galar with someone's support?

Neo Blaze

Majestic
Reaction score
Pikachu needs revenge against Golisopod. Then in the final round Lycanroc can take its revenge against Silvally. And then if Ash wins that he can use Torracat against Masked Royal, so that Ash has used his entire Alola team in the league

....I know, that's probably getting ahead of things. But that's how my mind works.

Five-Gate Omega

Primordial ChaosKnight
Reaction score
Yep with Ash battling Guzma in the Semis, it's all but confirmed, that Gladion will beat Ash in the finals and win the League. I've always trusted the writers to dash many peoples hopes and dreams when it comes to Ash winning a League and this ain't no different this time around.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Did you miss Ash and Gladion's scene in the preliminaries? They're battling each other.
Correction: an actual proper battle that lasts for more than a second. And a battle where they’re the only competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.