• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

PREVIEW: SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
I can't guarantee Ash will win, and since Ash and Guzma can't be the final battle now, I don't have to entertain the proposition.

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
Let's see...Gladion will win here, Ash will beat Guzma, and Ash vs. Gladion for the finals. As it should be.

Reaction score
I can't guarantee Ash will win, and since Ash and Guzma can't be the final battle now, I don't have to entertain the proposition.

Nonetheless, we're still getting the Ash vs Gladion match they've been building up as the final battle.

Guess there's a reason Guzma isn't even on the official league poster.

The only sensible outcome other than Ash winning I see at this point is that Gladion wins or ties with Ash, but Gladion was only interested in battling Ash and is too edgy to stick around after the tournament, so he leaves to continue looking for his father, and Ash gets the exhibition match against Kukui anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't worry folks, we'll soon find out if Ash will win or not...

once they randomly bring back everyone's favourite writer Shinzô Fujita to immediately smash his dreams and hopes again like they did back in Unova and Kalos. Ha ha ha ha!
:X3:

Reaction score
Gladion is the only of Ash's "big rivals" that showed up more than once before the league so I guess he deserves to be his final enemy. He's a relatable character so I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

This is supposed to be Kiawe's big battle so I kinda understand it getting its own episode. The other episode on the other hand...I don't really get it, I'm getting scared for the time dedicated to post-league storylines and the possibility of no Kanto scenes again. At least I'm happy that my prediction got the title right.

Always happy to help
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Umbreon will get some battle focus for Gladion, maybe even Zoroark.

If this is a 3 on 3, I do hope Charizard will get some battle focus again, Kiawe mainly favors Turtonator and Marowak

Prince of the Sea
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Umbreon will get some battle focus for Gladion, maybe even Zoroark.

If this is a 3 on 3, I do hope Charizard will get some battle focus again, Kiawe mainly favors Turtonator and Marowak
Well, Charizard is getting used in the Sophocles battle, at least.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
The only hope for a win here is knowing Gladion doesn't have a connection to Masked Royal, and we are long overdue for a Torracat and Incineroar rematch.

웃♥유
Reaction score
I'm so looking forward to Kiawe losing. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the most boring competitors in this league and I've been crossing my fingers to see him get eliminated ever since he defeated Acerola. By the way what is going on with Lillie, Mallow and Lana in that image above? The groping is making me uncomfortable. Where are the adults when we need them?!

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
...Really? Because that's the most likely outcome of their rivalry.
The anime has already taught us last series that despite the logical direction the story might seem to be going to most fans, the writers will ignore it if it means Ash would win a league. It looked like they were building up to Ash-Greninja eventually beating that OP Mega Charizard X, but look how that turned out.

This is also why I'm skeptical now that Gladion is very much likely going to be Ash's opponent in the Alola League finals. I wouldn't be if it was Guzma, because there is something at stake, but now we know Kiawe is gonna face Gladion in the semi-finals.

We do have the slight hope though that he could because he actually has the connection to Masked Royal and Torracat is long overdue for that rematch and for some actual focus.

Stuck
Reaction score
Ash not facing a villain in the finals makes it more acceptable for him to lose, especially as Gladion is a big improvement from the past three guys who made Ash go home empty handed. Granted, you could say the same thing about Kukui if we're meant to view that battle as the real finals. But then why put Gladion between Guzma and Kukui? It doesn't feel right. In contrast, Gladion vs. Kukui could be a quick battle much like Cynthia vs. Flint or something.

If anything, it would be better for Ash to face Kukui outside the league as then he'd have a chance of winning. Talk about a forgone conclusion otherwise.

Reaction score
Ash not facing a villain in the finals makes it more acceptable for him to lose, especially as Gladion is a big improvement from the past three guys who made Ash go home empty handed. Granted, you could say the same thing about Kukui if we're meant to view that battle as the real finals. But then why put Gladion between Guzma and Kukui? It doesn't feel right. In contrast, Gladion vs. Kukui could be a quick battle much like Cynthia vs. Flint or something.

If anything, it would be better for Ash to face Kukui outside the league as then he'd have a chance of winning. Talk about a forgone conclusion otherwise.

Ash would be facing Kukui outside the league anyway since it's not a league battle but an exhibition match. The battle will be happening after the tournament is already over.

Reaction score
So if we count SM128 as the starting ep of the Alola League with this episode it ties the Sinnoh League as the longest one, the record will be broken once SM136 is revealed, a league of 10 episodes is plausible, I wonder if this means Ash is winning the league altough a repeat of Alain could still happen. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.