• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Alain's two prior wins building him up as a major rival Paul/Gary style and the finale episode with an intentionally misleading title, the writers trolling everyone so badly last time is a very good reason to doubt Ash winning.

"Fool me once, shame on you, feel me twice, shame on me".

Alain wasn't built up as a Gary/Paul style rival. That was Sawyer. He was the one filling the Gary/Paul role as Ash's main rival. Ash and Alain didn't meet until very late in the series, he was closer to Tobias or any of those other anime-original characters created to beat Ash in the league, Alain just had a lot more development.

Alain wasn't built up as a Gary/Paul style rival. That was Sawyer. He was the one filling the Gary/Paul role as Ash's main rival. Ash and Alain didn't meet until very late in the series, he was closer to Tobias or any of those other anime-original characters created to beat Ash in the league, Alain just had a lot more development.
Sawyer lost his first battle to Ash so I can't really see him the same way as a rival--we already know from day one Ash can overcome him. Alain beat him several times like Paul did.

Choice of Animators assigned to an episode have also been very poor this series like Iwane not even being able to Animate a Grand Trial.
Pains me reading this because he could have gone all out with the animation... but nope instead we got trials that while decently animated at first, actually got gradually worse as they progressed. I thought the series was supposed to go all out with the animation, not take twenty steps back and have a fight that's more stilted as it is bland.

I hope Gladion lets Ash battle Masked Royal

Who then defers it to Kukui since the two have never met and their battle would be the best ending to the saga we could hope for

Who's Mohn?
There's also the fact that at the start of the series, Kukui was supposed to battle Ash, but Tapu Koko interrupted the occasion and that battle never happened.

Does anyone else still remember that?

Pains me reading this because he could have gone all out with the animation... but nope instead we got trials that while decently animated at first, actually got gradually worse as they progressed. I thought the series was supposed to go all out with the animation, not take twenty steps back and have a fight that's more stilted as it is bland.

I wonder why this is the case. It sounds weird to me that the animation is getting worse over time, normally it should get better as time passes. That is logical to me at least.
I except that Iwane will animate a (semi)final. He has been animating sun and moon episodes every 5-7 episodes, so it is likely he can work on a big battle.

While the chances of Ash winning have gone down, I still think him winning makes the most sense from the writing standpoint. The only reason why people are even doubting Ash winning the Alola League even though its been hinted in the opening is how hard the staff has trolled us in previous series. Also isn't this battle basically Iida ( Kiawe ) vs Bakugou ( Gladion ). They share the same Voice Actors. On a side note, please make Tomioka write the Final between most likely Ash and Gladion. I have a feeling they're not even going to give him even one episode during the league even though he is clearly the GOAT at writing Pokemon Battles. I have a feeling they'll give it to fujisaku instead. Choice of Animators assigned to an episode have also been very poor this series like Iwane not even being able to Animate a Grand Trial.
I doubt Tomioka will write this one, he's been suspiciously absent from writing league battles since Ash vs Paul, he probably has some grudge against the executives due to Tobias

It's a fact that the Animation in this series is the best the Pokemon Anime Series as a whole has ever seen. Its just how they decide to give each episode to whom that makes the Animation and the Production lackluster. What's even worst is that its clear they are having trouble with the consistency because they introduced a Deputy Director 60 Episodes into the Series ( Maki Kodaira ), while both BW and XY introduced their Deputy Directors around the 90th Episode.

I wonder why this is the case. It sounds weird to me that the animation is getting worse over time, normally it should get better as time passes. That is logical to me at least.
I except that Iwane will animate a (semi)final. He has been animating sun and moon episodes every 5-7 episodes, so it is likely he can work on a big battle.

The Artstyle has definitely gone better as time has gone on like the weird eyes Ash had at the start of the series slowly getting fixed but yeah the Animation has gotten pretty inconsistent. I find it weird that they used 3D Cameras when Ash and the Crew were on a ship to Aether Paradise but not during actual battles. I hope Iwane does animate hopefully either the Semi Final or Final, if he animates the Semi-Final then they can give him the Exhibition Battle as well.

I am hoping that Iwane will be animating at least one of Ash's last few battles of the Alola League, though let's just hope its not written by Shinzo Fujita. I believe Shinzo hasn't written a single episode for Sun and Moon though. If it is, I think that's just a dead giveaway that Ash will lose to Gladion.

First summary
Based on the next episode, they're certainly dedicating most, if not all of this episode to Kiawe vs Gladion, nice

Small amendment to title

The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio

Summary courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Kaki's sister Hoshi is attacked by the Skull Gang, and the one who saves her is his opponent Gladio. What's going to happen to the match now?!

Kaki's sister Hoshi is attacked by the Skull Gang, and the one who saves her is his opponent Gladio. What's going to happen to the match now?!
I hope Skull does more to try to ruin the league. Wish we’d get Guzma trying to interrupt the finals as a last ditch attempt to spoil it.

Now I wonder whether they tried the same trick with Suiren's sisters.

I hope Skull does more to try to ruin the league. Wish we’d get Guzma trying to interrupt the finals as a last ditch attempt to spoil it.

I reckon Guzma won't be happy about losing the league and will take his revenge somehow

Now I wonder whether they tried the same trick with Suiren's sisters.

Slightly confused, same trick?

Based on the next episode, they're certainly dedicating most, if not all of this episode to Kiawe vs Gladion, nice

Small amendment to title

The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio

So we’re seriously going to dedicate at least part of this episode to Hoshi being attacked by Team Skull? Depending on how long it takes up, this just seems like a lazy way to pad the runtime and partly eliminate the possibility of this being anything more than yet another 1 v 1 battle.

So we’re seriously going to dedicate at least part of this episode to Hoshi being attacked by Team Skull? Depending on how long it takes up, this just seems like a lazy way to pad the runtime and partly eliminate the possibility of this being anything more than yet another 1 v 1 battle.
Don't be too pessimistic. The battle will last until the next episode, and we've seen single-episode 3 v. 3 battles before. So I have full confidence this can be a good battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom