• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

REVIEW: SM135: The Semifinals! Kaki VS Glazio!!

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
  • Lana joking about a fake episode title was a true ‘lol’ moment for me....gonna miss that girl when the Gen 8 anime starts...
What do you mean? :unsure:

It's more that he either curbstomps his opponents without taking enough damage on Golisopod for EE to activate, or EE activates just when the situation is starting to get a little rough, and Guzma bluffs his way out of the situation by saying that Golisopod just didn't see its opponent being worth fighting anymore, like it did with Pikachu. The thing with the League is that here, Guzma can't use EE to run from the battle, and that's probably what's pissing him off.
That's exactly how I see it, too!
In all his league battles so far Guzma wasn't forced to use Emegency Exit because he simply was stronger than his opponents and even Lana and Kiawe acknowledeged that fact at the end of the episode.
Actually, I can't see how the much-discussed EE-strategy would help him in the next episode. If Golisopod retreats from battle and he doesn't have another Pokemon to send out, then he will lose the battle. As simple as that.

Anyways, I'm getting more and more excited about the next episode!

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
"Explosive Birth! Pokémon School Cheerleaders!!"
That's the joke she made during the preview for the next episode.
And that's all they've been relegated to, because what is character development

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
And that's all they've been relegated to, because what is character development
Welll...if Lilie would cheer for her friend, instead of the brother who abandoned her and she barely talk, that would be great character development.

TheAerialAcer

Grass Type Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welll...if Lilie would cheer for her friend, instead of the brother who abandoned her and she barely talk, that would be great character development.
Idk bout y’all but I have 3 older siblings and I’d also root for them over my friends. Lillie obviously cares for Kiawe and isn’t exactly rooting against him. Even in the preview for the next episode, Hoshi and Lillie cheer for both Gladion and Kiawe. It’s not exactly evil to want someone who you look up to and love very much to win.

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
As proven just last week when Hoshi assured the audience that she loved Gladion-san, only to come along and show no such affection in the actual episode.
Well...funny thing about that...

...this turned out to be true after all.
Previews are still not canon though.

KiranTheWitch

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
So they really gonna have Ash whoop Guzma's ass only to lose to Gladion in the finals, because why would Ash ever win logic.

Unless he beats Gladion and then loses to Kukui. I can deeeffff see that happening.