• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM136: Rising Fire! There's More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they don't do it that way, would love to see Ash return home knowing Lillie has been reunited with her family
But now, the only way they could do this arc without having it be rushed is to have it interrupt the league.

Well, Alain was more relevant in the Mega Evolution specials, and became more important when the plot merged with the main series, catalysing the Flare finale.
But those specials had no relevance whatsoever to the main series (at the time). By the time Ash learned about Alain's existence we were already near the final stretch of the show.

"Rising Fire" in the title makes me think that first half will focus on the end of Gladio vs Kaki, while the second part is a preparation for Guzma vs Satoshi.

My expectations is that Gladion beats Kiawe. Ash vs. Guzma can go either way; either Ash beats Guzma, then loses to Gladion because of the status quo, or Guzma beats Ash and goes either way with Gladion. If he wins and becomes the champion, it would be a great way to set up a potential final arc with Team Skull where he finally gets his revenge, making good use of the last remaining episodes.

But alas, I'm expecting this to go to waste with Ash winning the semi-final, then losing to Gladion.

Ah heck, it won't take much to get Mohn back. It probably be a 2-parter, if even that given this saga's pacing and hatred of plot.

For a while I thought they'd have an arc to FINALLY do something with all those Mythicals, but now feel like that Magearna will just be a big wind-up toy, while Shaymin will go into Sky Forme to blast off the TRio, then leave.

Ah heck, it won't take much to get Mohn back. It probably be a 2-parter, if even that given this saga's pacing and hatred of plot.

For a while I thought they'd have an arc to FINALLY do something with all those Mythicals, but now feel like that Magearna will just be a big wind-up toy, while Shaymin will go into Sky Forme to blast off the TRio, then leave.
I'm going to resist my temptation to post a sarcastic comment and instead just say that I have a much more positive view and hopes for the post-League stuff.

This has to be one of the worst titles ever...We've known that "there´s more than one rival" since SM128. I know its likely a reference to the fact that we'll see two battles in this episode but it doesn't sound right.
"Rising Fire" in the title makes me think that first half will focus on the end of Gladio vs Kaki, while the second part is a preparation for Guzma vs Satoshi.

I thought the same thing. It could also be either a reference to Torracat battle, or maybe Guzma will own the fan favorite Volcarona.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom