• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM136: Rising Fire! There's More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torracat: I'll prove that Ash has saved the best for last

Image result for black girl giggling gif

Pretty sure it's revenge, not fire punch

So Torracat's getting revenge for Primarina, with Revenge. How poetic.

Torracat knows that Golisopod needs to go down at all costs, and he knows what's at stake if Guzma wins. Let's go Torracat! Also its so refreshing to see an actual serious battle for Ash.
With the classic Uesada/Iwane team at the rudder, this is definitely going to be Ash's best Alola League battle (at least) so far.

With the classic Uesada/Iwane team at the rudder, this is definitely going to be Ash's best Alola League battle (at least) so far.
I think the only thing that can top this is Tomioka/Iwane for the second part of the finals. Granted, Tomioka hasn't written league battles since Ash vs. Paul, but he has written Ash's previous battles against Gladion.

I think the only thing that can top this is Tomioka/Iwane for the second part of the finals. Granted, Tomioka hasn't written league battles since Ash vs. Paul, but he has written Ash's previous battles against Gladion.
Kinda fascinating to think that the anime creative team still contains people who have worked with it for over 1000 episodes and 20 years.

From watching Suede's Pokemon Journey Series on Youtube, I can tell that they are indeed a great team. With some not so good and OK league episodes, their teamwork will make it more enjoyable

Based on the preview, Is Scizor attacking Torracat's bell so that it can't use fire blast? I expect at least one more brutal strategy from Guzma against Ash.

Last edited:
Based on the preview, Is Scizor attacking Torracat's bell so that it can't use fire blast? I expect at least one more brutal strategy from Guzma against Ash.

Think it's just using Bullet Punch.

The summary for SM137 (the episode following this one) says that Scizor is dragged out after Golisopod's Emegency Exit triggers and loses to Torracat.

It's the second match of the semifinals. When Guzma's partner Pokémon Gusokumusha's "Emergency Exit" activated, Hassam suddenly had to battle, leading to it losing to Nyaheat and making Guzma indignant with rage over Gusokumusha's tendency to do as it pleases. And even though Guzma has been in the lead so far, he gradually loses his pace as he sees his old rival Kukui in Satoshi's forthright eyes.

So the chain of events seems to be that Torracat deals enough damage to Golisopod for it to switch places with Scizor, then Scizor loses to Torracat, forcing Golisopod to battle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom