• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM136: Rising Fire! There's More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. It's just that my opinion on Rowlet never was overly high to begin with, and took a real nosedive with the Hau battle.

I agree with you, I prefer Pokemon that are more battle serious than comedic, wouldn't mind a bit of comedy if it was a competent battler

I agree with you, I prefer Pokemon that are more battle serious than comedic, wouldn't mind a bit of comedy if it was a competent battler

Comparing to past comic relief Pokemon, Rowlet IS a competent battler. He's yet to have a bad showing in a battle.

Gible was a comic relief for the most part, but when it really came down to it, he was one heck of a competent battler without fooling around... it's a shame we never got more of him.

Those animations are looking spot on and I can only imagine it'll get better with the next episode, with Iwane at the helm.`

Gible was a comic relief for the most part, but when it really came down to it, he was one heck of a competent battler without fooling around... it's a shame we never got more of him.

Those animations are looking spot on and I can only imagine it'll get better with the next episode, with Iwane at the helm.`
Also, Memory-switching is OP against Z moves

Aaand Rowlet decides to sleep instead of cheering for its friend. You're not helping your already bad case here...
So... let me get this straight... when Torracat was in the discussion to battle against Decidueye, Rowlet piped up, wanting to battle. Then it doesn’t show any semblance of seriousness sleeping in the middle of the training, and then slept right in middle of the battle. It was declared unable to battle and it’s trainer had to apologise for it? And when Torracat actually battles (after imo being cheated out of Hau's battle due to Rowlet) it’s just sleeping instead of cheering? Torracat actually cheered for Rowlet, so Rowlet looks like a really bad friend to me.

Comparing to past comic relief Pokemon, Rowlet IS a competent battler. He's yet to have a bad showing in a battle.
It’s """competent""" because of random plot devices. It learns new moves, and wins battle scenes in spite of sleeping and being insincere in training. It just became strong randomly in the late series because the writers decided that Rowlet was suddenly cool.

Guzma looks like he's gonna lose his mind. He has a Golisopod who isn't listening, and an opponent who reminds him of his hated rival, Professor Kukui. He is not gonna take losing to Ash well at all.

Sounds like the sort of battle I'm going to enjoy watching

Loved seeing Gladion throw the new Taylor Swift CD like a shuriken. I'm not really hyped for Silvally's battle though since I'm kinda over the whole Kiawe vs Gladion match at this point. But the animation looks slick.

So... let me get this straight... when Torracat was in the discussion to battle against Decidueye, Rowlet piped up, wanting to battle. Then it doesn’t show any semblance of seriousness sleeping in the middle of the training, and then slept right in middle of the battle. It was declared unable to battle and it’s trainer had to apologise for it? And when Torracat actually battles (after imo being cheated out of Hau's battle due to Rowlet) it’s just sleeping instead of cheering? Torracat actually cheered for Rowlet, so Rowlet looks like a really bad friend to me.

It’s """competent""" because of random plot devices. It learns new moves, and wins battle scenes in spite of sleeping and being insincere in training. It just became strong randomly in the late series because the writers decided that Rowlet was suddenly cool.
It's more that he randomly regressed in the League due to Fujisaku, while he was sleepy in early SM, he was also pretty reliable (especially in Akala island), then he went through a big lull of no focus, and when he finally got more due to Hau and Meltan, he seemed like he was actually developing...........................................until his big fight

Torracat actually cheered for Rowlet, so Rowlet looks like a really bad friend to me.
Rowlet is like the pokémon version of Lillie. Stagnant characterization, failing at being true friends, shown as useless most of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom