• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM136: Rising Fire! There's More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The match between Kaki and Gladio finally concludes! The next match is between Satoshi and Guzma, the man who wants to destroy the Pokémon League! Credits go to Dephender. Airs August 25th.

The match between Kaki and Gladio finally concludes! The next match is between Satoshi and Guzma, the man who wants to destroy the Pokémon League! Translation Credits go to Dephender.

3 VS 3 looking likely since Kiawe vs Gladion concludes in this episode unless if its a 1 VS 1 Battle dragged out.

So... let me guess the match ups...

Pikachu vs Golisopod
Torracat vs Scizor
Lycanroc vs Third Pokemon

I think Ash might go for Lycanroc against Scizor though, to counter bullet punch with accelerock, with Torracat getting the third Pokémon.
There’s always the possibility of Ash throwing a curveball with Meltan, too.

So... let me guess the match ups...

Pikachu vs Golisopod
Torracat vs Scizor
Lycanroc vs Third Pokemon

I think Ash might go for Lycanroc against Scizor though, to counter bullet punch with accelerock, with Torracat getting the third Pokémon.
There’s always the possibility of Ash throwing a curveball with Meltan, too.

Meltan is definitely evolving, the only thing we need to know is when.

I think torracat going to evolve here..
And end of semifinals...

Guzma time!

I’ll admit though, a tiny fraction of me is a little disappointed that they didn’t keep him for last considering Guzma has more of a grudge on Kukui/Masked Royal than Gladion has.

You make a good point there Retro, trouble is Gladion is the one true rival this series
They’ve put the major rival in semis/quarter finals while putting someone else as the last opponent though. Guzma and Ash both have higher stakes than Gladion, and Guzma’s the villain so it makes sense to have Ash battle him in the finals if Ash is the victor.

That’s why I think Gladion might actually win...

They’ve put the major rival in semis/quarter finals while putting someone else as the last opponent though. Guzma and Ash both have higher stakes than Gladion, and Guzma’s the villain so it makes sense to have Ash battle him in the finals if Ash is the victor.

That’s why I think Gladion might actually win...
This would be the first time we even have the main rival battle in the finals, wouldn't it? (and by finals I mean Ash's final match)

I'm actually more surprised we haven't had this unless I'm missing something. Closest thing I can think of is Alain, but as a rival Shota was way more prominent. I'd even argue Tierno was more relevant throughout the series than Alain.

I'd even argue Tierno was more relevant throughout the series than Alain.
Well, Alain was more relevant in the Mega Evolution specials, and became more important when the plot merged with the main series, catalysing the Flare finale.

Another thing about the comparisons between XY and SM: Alola League is the climax of SM series, while Kalos League is overshadowed by Team Plasma arc.

Another thing about the comparisons between XY and SM: Alola League is the climax of SM series, while Kalos League is overshadowed by Team Plasma arc.
Eh, that still doesn't excuse the Kalos League from pointless things like the furfrou trainer and misleading titles like XYZ31 and XYZ38. Most battles were based on pure power over strategy contrary to how good and impactful of how Ash's Gym Battles were in that series. And of course, We still have to see Melemetal and resolve the Mohn Plot in SM unless they decide to give Mohn a special like they did with Yvetal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom