• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM136: Rising Fire! There's More Than One Rival!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff lists courtesy of Dephender on Serebii

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 香月麻衣子 (Maiko Katsuki)

Now that it's almost confirmed the semi-finals will at least be a 2 vs 2, I expect Kiawe will fight with Marowak and Turtonator. Gladion could use Zoroark against Marowak, but I think that secret will be revealed during the final. I think Gladion will use Lycanroc and Silvally, or maybe only one of them.

Now that it's almost confirmed the semi-finals will at least be a 2 vs 2, I expect Kiawe will fight with Marowak and Turtonator. Gladion could use Zoroark against Marowak, but I think that secret will be revealed during the final. I think Gladion will use Lycanroc and Silvally, or maybe only one of them.

Would like to see Gladion battle using Zoroark so it has some use that isn't just looking for Mohn, Umbreon certainly needs more battle focus

Would like to see Gladion battle using Zoroark so it has some use that isn't just looking for Mohn, Umbreon certainly needs more battle focus
Yeah Gladion using one of his dark types against Kiawe's Marowak is likely to me. Then Turtonator can get his first win since the battle royale and lose to Silvally or Lycanroc. Both Marowak and Turtonator will then have a 50/50 win/loss rate within this league if you don't count the battle royale.

Yeah Gladion using one of his dark types against Kiawe's Marowak is likely to me. Then Turtonator can get his first win since the battle royale and lose to Silvally or Lycanroc. Both Marowak and Turtonator will then have a 50/50 win/loss rate within this league if you don't count the battle royale.

Lycanroc would be more suitable being a Rock type versus two Fire types

Adamant said:
The first match of the Alola Pokémon League semifinals, Kaki VS Gladio, finally concludes! The second semifinals match, which is between Satoshi and Guzma, the man who wants to destroy the Pokémon League, is now about to begin. Satoshi goes up against Guzma, who's said to be undefeated.
So, this is the first part of Guzma vs Satoshi.

Both battled with Ash twice, Alain's appearances in the main show was more spread out, though, but when it comes to the interaction between them and Ash the difference isn't so big. None of them are really comparable to Gary, Paul, Gladion or even Trip.
Yeah I'll agree with you on that. People can say that Ash had too many rivals in BW, but they at least made several appearances and each had a nice quirk about them. And of course none of them come close to Ash's first rival, and Ash's greatest rival respectively.

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

The battle between Kaki and Gladio continues. They're now both down to one Pokémon each! Who will win and continue on to the finals?! Also, the battle between Satoshi and Guzma starts as well!!

Summary:
The semifinals match between Kaki and Gladio is getting more and more exciting as the two are now both down to one Pokémon each!! Is it Kaki's Bakugames or Gladio's Silvady that will win this fierce unpredictable battle?! Who will get the upper hand in this clash of strength and moves?! In addition, the battle betwween Satoshi and Guzma starts as well! Satoshi is aiming for league victory, but Guzma, the man said to be undefeated, stands in his way! Which Pokémon will Satoshi use against this formidable opponent?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Kiteruguma
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Risa Shimizu: Ashirene
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Ryota Iwasaki: Hassam
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Saki Endo: Plumeri
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Ayano Shibuya: Hoshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Summaries and cast list, as provided by Adamant

The battle between Kaki and Gladio continues. They're now both down to one Pokémon each! Who will win and continue on to the finals?! Also, the battle between Satoshi and Guzma starts as well!!

Summary:
The semifinals match between Kaki and Gladio is getting more and more exciting as the two are now both down to one Pokémon each!! Is it Kaki's Bakugames or Gladio's Silvady that will win this fierce unpredictable battle?! Who will get the upper hand in this clash of strength and moves?! In addition, the battle betwween Satoshi and Guzma starts as well! Satoshi is aiming for league victory, but Guzma, the man said to be undefeated, stands in his way! Which Pokémon will Satoshi use against this formidable opponent?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Mika Kanai: Kiteruguma
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Kenta Miyake: Bakugames
Risa Shimizu: Ashirene
Wakana Kingyo: Shore
Ryota Iwasaki: Hassam
Nicole Fujita: Nuikoguma
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Miyuki Sawashiro: Lychee
Nobuhiko Okamoto: Gladio
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
Yasuyuki Kase: Guzma
Saki Endo: Plumeri
Toru Sakurai: Tupper
Soshiro Hori: Zip
Madoka Asahina: Wrap
Ayano Shibuya: Hoshi
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
Well, I guess semifinals are indeed 2 vs 2 instead of 1 vs 1.

Well, I know its going to be a 2 vs 2 but my point was that why couldn’t it have been written to be 3 vs 3 rather than the 2 vs 2 which we seem to be getting?
Good question. The only even remote reason I can think of would be that we know only two of Guzma's Pokémon and they for some reason don't want to show more of his arsenal.

Good question. The only even remote reason I can think of would be that we know only two of Guzma's Pokémon and they for some reason don't want to show more of his arsenal.
They’re not even going to have an opportunity to show more of his Pokemon after this! I guess for some reason they don’t want to give “secret weapon” Pokemon to any trainer. That’s a disgrace because Guzma’s just the type to use a new Pokemon to throw Ash off guard. And his game team offers plenty of material.

Torracat vs Araquanid would’ve been pretty dope with Araquanid winning because Torracat’s tired from defeating Scizor. It’d show the powress of the species and create tension.

They’re not even going to have an opportunity to show more of his Pokemon after this! I guess for some reason they don’t want to give “secret weapon” Pokemon to any trainer. That’s a disgrace because Guzma’s just the type to use a new Pokemon to throw Ash off guard. And his game team offers plenty of material.

Torracat vs Araquanid would’ve been pretty dope with Araquanid winning because Torracat’s tired from defeating Scizor. It’d show the powress of the species and create tension.
Golisopod already provides Water coverage. I think he could've easily given him a Pinsir or a Masquerain.
Hopefully the finals will be 3 vs 3 or even 4 vs 4
At least the latter, given that Gladion has four Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom