• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
To air September 1, 2019

SM137 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

View: https://imgur.com/a/w5lPAlV

Summary courtesy of Dephender from Serebii

It's the second match of the semifinals. Hassam suddenly had to battle due to Guzma's partner Pokémon Gusokumusha's "Emergency Exit" activating, and it ended up losing to Nyaheat, making Guzma indignant with rage over Gusokumusha's tendency to do as it pleases. And even though Guzma has been in the lead so far, he gradually loses his pace as he sees his old rival Kukui in Satoshi's forthright eyes.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It's the second match of the semifinals. Hassam suddenly had to battle due to Guzma's partner Pokémon Gusokumusha's "Emergency Exit" activating, and it ended up losing to Nyaheat,
I was correct in Scizor battling and being defeated by Torracat!

Guzma has been cold and cool, and that’s been his road to victory. It makes sense that the match he gets worked up brings his downfall. I’m guessing a weak Golispod has to battle Ash’s second Pokemon after Scizor faints.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
This promises to be an exciting episode with Yūji Asada, Masaaki Iwane and Izumi Shimura involved

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Guzma finally breaking down and that being animated by Iwane is a dream come true.

Iwane and Asada have done great work in the past so it promises to be very exciting

JeoDude

Reaction score
Very hyped, great staff list. I have a feeling this will be the best match coming from the alola league. From a story perspective it also makes sense Ash fights with Torracat. This makes the connection between Ash and Kukui even stronger for Guzma, there will maybe be a short flashback of Guzma fighting Kukui's former Torracat.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Very hyped, great staff list. I have a feeling this will be the best match coming from the alola league. From a story perspective it also makes sense Ash fights with Torracat. This makes the connection between Ash and Kukui even stronger for Guzma, there will maybe be a short flashback of Guzma fighting Kukui's former Torracat.

That would be nice, maybe Guzma having a Wimpod, Scyther or a third Pokemon

SammyW27

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this will be the end of Team Skull...
(good riddance)

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score
^ I hope there will be one more Guzma episode after the league where Kukui and Guzma mend their friendship. Even if this episode is focused on Guzma, I feel like it would be too rushed to conclude his arc here.

BigDocFan

The Arcanine of Legend!
Reaction score
Part of me doubt their friendship will be patched up, especially as he appears to lose to Ash

mehmeh1

Reaction score
This episode should be great, Omode has done some amazing work in XY, SM, and even a bit in BW, and the rest of the staff list needs no introduction

Daenerys

(◔_◔)
Reaction score
Pronouns
Ze/Zem/Zir
Well I hope that Guzma will get a reality check and lose some of his arrogance by the end of this episode. His ego is bigger than Seto Kaiba's.

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Looks like Guzma will be the evilest character we seen since Hunter J. Should we hope for another implied death scene?
I’m not counting it. I’m guessing they’ll go down the Ultra route and he’ll soon have a change of heart (which could happen if they do an arc).

Status
Not open for further replies.