• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME continues berating people in this next exciting episode of his Platinum Lets Play. Watch it here.

PREVIEW: SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What? The implication of a battle that is more than just a 1 v 1? In my Alola League? Most unorthodox!

Always happy to help
Reaction score
What? The implication of a battle that is more than just a 1 v 1? In my Alola League? Most unorthodox!
I'm glad we're guaranteed 2 v 2 at least, longer battles are more enjoyable than the shorter ones

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Just thought of a funny title for the dub, Guzma the Undefeated!

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
Omode and Iwane is a match made in heaven.

Omode was the one who wrote the Ash Vs. Sawyer battle at the Kalos League, so this ought to have a good battle choreography, and Iwane is a very talented animator.

Definitely hype worthy, and I hope this will become one of the highlights of this league.

Reaction score
Omode and Iwane is a match made in heaven.

Omode was the one who wrote the Ash Vs. Sawyer battle at the Kalos League, so this ought to have a good battle choreography, and Iwane is a very talented animator.

Definitely hype worthy, and I hope this will become one of the highlights of this league.
Don't forget Asada for storyboarding, he/she is also amazing (s/he works in most iwane episodes, I think they were old partners in studio cockpit before joining pokemon)

Pyro Kicker
Reaction score
Don't forget Asada for storyboarding, he/she is also amazing (s/he works in most iwane episodes, I think they were old partners in studio cockpit before joining pokemon)
Plus, they've been doing episodes since the show started, so they know it inside and out.

Reaction score
Plus, they've been doing episodes since the show started, so they know it inside and out.
Tomioka has also written quite a few episodes by Iwane and Asada since the show began, though he hasn't written any league battle since Ash vs Paul

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Asada has worked on some great episodes, his best of late being SM021 (in my opinion)

Tomioka has also written quite a few episodes by Iwane and Asada since the show began, though he hasn't written any league battle since Ash vs Paul
Its a shame as I feel the Unova league could have been a lot better under his writing

Reaction score
....Well that is hardly a bad pedigree. Ash and Paul is arguably the best league battle, and I'd say it surpassed Ash v Gary at the very least.
I never said otherwise, just that it seems like he doesn't want to write league battles anymore (probably got burned by the tobias situation)

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Given how savage the battle between Guzma and Lana was, I'm hoping this battle will be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.