• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

PREVIEW: SM137: Undefeated Emperor Guzma!

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
What? The implication of a battle that is more than just a 1 v 1? In my Alola League? Most unorthodox!

BigDocFan

Reaction score
What? The implication of a battle that is more than just a 1 v 1? In my Alola League? Most unorthodox!
I'm glad we're guaranteed 2 v 2 at least, longer battles are more enjoyable than the shorter ones

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Just thought of a funny title for the dub, Guzma the Undefeated!

Cresselia92

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
Omode and Iwane is a match made in heaven.

Omode was the one who wrote the Ash Vs. Sawyer battle at the Kalos League, so this ought to have a good battle choreography, and Iwane is a very talented animator.

Definitely hype worthy, and I hope this will become one of the highlights of this league.

mehmeh1

Reaction score
Omode and Iwane is a match made in heaven.

Omode was the one who wrote the Ash Vs. Sawyer battle at the Kalos League, so this ought to have a good battle choreography, and Iwane is a very talented animator.

Definitely hype worthy, and I hope this will become one of the highlights of this league.
Don't forget Asada for storyboarding, he/she is also amazing (s/he works in most iwane episodes, I think they were old partners in studio cockpit before joining pokemon)

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
Don't forget Asada for storyboarding, he/she is also amazing (s/he works in most iwane episodes, I think they were old partners in studio cockpit before joining pokemon)
Plus, they've been doing episodes since the show started, so they know it inside and out.

mehmeh1

Reaction score
Plus, they've been doing episodes since the show started, so they know it inside and out.
Tomioka has also written quite a few episodes by Iwane and Asada since the show began, though he hasn't written any league battle since Ash vs Paul

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Tomioka has also written quite a few episodes by Iwane and Asada since the show began, though he hasn't written any league battle since Ash vs Paul
....Well that is hardly a bad pedigree. Ash and Paul is arguably the best league battle, and I'd say it surpassed Ash v Gary at the very least.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Asada has worked on some great episodes, his best of late being SM021 (in my opinion)

Its a shame as I feel the Unova league could have been a lot better under his writing

mehmeh1

Reaction score
....Well that is hardly a bad pedigree. Ash and Paul is arguably the best league battle, and I'd say it surpassed Ash v Gary at the very least.
I never said otherwise, just that it seems like he doesn't want to write league battles anymore (probably got burned by the tobias situation)

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Given how savage the battle between Guzma and Lana was, I'm hoping this battle will be the same