• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

PREVIEW: SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Last edited:

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
No... this isn’t possible... NOO...NO...

Are my eyes working properly? Who in the right mind allotted this episode to this man? I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Fujisaku has ruined the Alola league so far for me, and I don’t expect him to do a heel face turn.

Oh my god...

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Lets hope this is a two parter and he isn't involved with the next part
To be fair, he only wrote half of Rowlet vs Decidueye and none of the parts were stellar.

Oh my god... he’s after Gladion now...
First Jessie’s Mimikyu, then Hau and finally Gladion for him to feast on...

I can tell that Ash wins (thanks to a deux ex machina), that’s a common thread with literally every battle he’s ever written. Poor Gladion.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Meltan suddenly evolving when nearly beaten or the Electrium Z becoming Pikashunium Z I reckon
Yes, I forgot about Pikashunium Z! I guess he’ll pull a thrifty megamart and make Gladion pay for questioning why Ash gets special things once in the saga.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Yes, I forgot about Pikashunium Z! I guess he’ll pull a thrifty megamart and make Gladion pay for questioning why Ash gets special things once in the saga.
I hope they provide some sort of explanation as to why it changes, maybe something to do with Tapu Koko maybe

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score

DynamicFusion

Reaction score
It might be fitting after all, but I’m not a fan of Ash having a nuke at his disposal completely randomly.

Can anyone translate what it says?

Google translate brings up this:
“If you can become a bad guy
I wish it was good.”
Which doesn’t make much sense.
"I wish I could become a villain screenwriter"... it seems like the Japanese didn't like the episode as well. Look at this forum discussion. 【アニポケ】モクローVSジュナイパー回の脚本家、意味深なツイートを連発「悪役脚本家として生きてくか」 | ポケモンまとめマスター|ソードシールド(剣盾)/ポケモンGO/ポケマス

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
Reaction score

BigDocFan

Reaction score
"I wish I could become a villain screenwriter"... it seems like the Japanese didn't like the episode as well. Look at this forum discussion.
He would be more suitable to Dragon Ball Super if he wants to be a villain screenwriter

JeoDude

Reaction score
I think the final between Ash and Gladion will be a two-parter, with maybe some preperations for the finals in this episode. I think the final will be at least a 3 vs 3 where Gladion will be using Zoroark (fake Silvally), Silvally and Lycanroc. Ash will use Melmetal, Pikachu and Lycanroc.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I think the final will be at least a 3 vs 3 where Gladion will be using Zoroark (fake Silvally), Silvally and Lycanroc. Ash will use Melmetal, Pikachu and Lycanroc.
I don’t think it makes any sense to leave out any Pokemon in the finals when both sides have a minimum of four Pokemon.
Finals logically will have as large of a battle as possible.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I don’t think it makes any sense to leave out any Pokemon in the finals when both sides have a minimum of four Pokemon.
Finals logically will have as large of a battle as possible.
Its just a shame they're lacking a full team of 6 as that would be a much better end to the league

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Plot twist: it's a 6 vs 6 and Gladio will use Noivern and Zeraora.

Rath

Reaction score
Melmetal

GG, I don't see a Mythical jobbing in its first ever battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.