• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-05308

Reaction score
In other words, we can't be sure if those Poké Balls signify all of the Trainer's Pokémon, or just the remaining ones after their first ones.

But we we can be sure, what did the VS screens look like for Kiawe vs Gladion and Ash vs Guzma?

Kairyu

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the animation during the battle scenes look a little subpar? I swear that most of the previous Alola league episodes looked snazzier than this one just judging by the animation alone.

Makoto Shinjo who is animation director for this ep I'd say is slightly better than your average animator. The key thing though is that Masaaki Iwane always does key animation in Shinjo's work (dating back to DP), so some segments are bound to look fantastic.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
I concerned about next battle. Anime preview shows Silvally fighting Pikachu, but a preview image shows Ash starting off with Melmetal. Heavily implying it gets taken out by Silvally first.

DynamicFusion

based.
Reaction score
I concerned about next battle. Anime preview shows Silvally fighting Pikachu, but a preview image shows Ash starting off with Melmetal. Heavily implying it gets taken out by Silvally first.
It doesn't seem Ash-like to switch out Pokémon even though he did that in most Kalos Gym Battles.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
It doesn't seem Ash-like to switch out Pokémon even though he did that in most Kalos Gym Battles.
Which is what concerns me. Silvally is Ash's biggest obstacle cause it can change typings on the fly. (Totally fair btw). So honestly, it's like it doesn't matter if Ash switches out.

Panky..

uh...?
Reaction score
Maybe that's the thing? Melmetal will be used to counter Silvally's disk changes early on. And switching isn't out of the question. It would be downright daft to have a Pokemon evolve to promptly lose without being able to showcase its newfound strength.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe that's the thing? Melmetal will be used to counter Silvally's disk changes early on. And switching isn't out of the question. It would be downright daft to have a Pokemon evolve to promptly lose without being able to showcase its newfound strength.
Let's pray that's the case an not Fujisaku pulling off some cheap stunt.

Knightwolf09

Reaction score
This is the finals of the League. This is usually the time when logical writing gets thrown out to keep the status quo of Ash being a loser.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Melmetal will be used to counter Silvally's disk changes early on.
How does that even work? All of Ash's known participating Pokémon are weak to ground, so Ground Silvally counters them all.

It would be downright daft to have a Pokemon evolve to promptly lose without being able to showcase its newfound strength.
Torterra cries in a corner...

Melmetal might be switched out in Pikachu's favour, I think. If we're going on Fujisaku's whims (which I don’t think will be that large of a part), he tends to favour Rowlet and Meltan, so I don’t see Melmetal treated too shabbily unless Fujisaku liked Meltan but hates Melmetal.

It’s a real pity that Lycanroc doesn’t get to battle Silvally even for a little while. They tried to establish a small rivalry between but abandoned it after one battle. I'd have preferred Melmetal facing Zoroark and Lycanroc getting a short face off with Silvally before switching out.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s a real pity that Lycanroc doesn’t get to battle Silvally even for a little while. They tried to establish a small rivalry between but abandoned it after one battle. I'd have preferred Melmetal facing Zoroark and Lycanroc getting a short face off with Silvally before switching out.
I think the Lycanroc vs. Lycanroc rivalry is stronger at this point.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
On topic of the Melmetal evolution, I feel like Thunderbolt will be replaced by Thunder Punch (automatically gained upon evolution) and Heabutt with Double Iron Bash (signature move + fits into Melmetal's ability).
I think the latter is pretty much guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.