• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a.gif

I wonder what kind of ridiculous gag-like 'plot twist' he has in store for this episode. Oh I know, what if this is actually a full battle and Ash only brings one Pokemon? Gotta make kids laugh and fill the quota of face faults after all...

Nothing because Gladion is Ash's one and only rival. Their rivalry has been 100% serious.

There's really no functional difference between Ash finishing with Gigavolt Havoc or finishing with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. The latter just looks cooler.
This, pretty much. There hasn't really been anything that could allow anyone to compare both moves in the anime in a way that makes one look significantly more powerful than the other. It just seems like they use 10,000,000 V T-bolt for a grander effect while also using a game move referencing the anime, otherwise using Gigavolt Havoc would have been just as serviceable. Not denying it could use an in-universe explanation, but even if it hasn't happened yet, it doesn't mean it won't get one later on. It happening on the league could definitely lead to the concept being explored further since it will be the first time it will be seen by the few characters that could have some idea of what is actually going on, aka. the Kahunas and maybe Kukui.

Is it wrong that I live in hope that Fujisaku might redeem himself?... :ROFLMAO:

There is some hope he might redeem himself, probably as much hope of that as Ash catching a Legendary early in Galar and keeping it for the whole series and leaving it at Oak's

^looks at creative team for episode^

This better be a 2-parter, or else this cements Alola as Worst League...

Last edited:
The time has come guys...I'm surprised there isn't a Melmetal episode to ease the pacing.

Maybe it'll be like the Lana trial episode and not be terrible. My hopes aren't particularly high especially after the last episode, but it's at least possible that it won't be a total garbage fire, right?

Come to think about it, even that episode also had many of his surprising tricks with Alomomola being OHKNO'd and Popplio learning Aqua Jet. :cry:

I expect, and hope, this to be 6 vs 6. I wouldn't be able to handle a 3 vs 3 league final for eg, it'd look cheap.

I expect, and hope, this to be 6 vs 6. I wouldn't be able to handle a 3 vs 3 league final for eg, it'd look cheap.

It can't be 6v6 because Ash only has 5 and Gladion only has 4. The highest it can go is 4v4.

It can't be 6v6 because Ash only has 5 and Gladion only has 4. The highest it can go is 4v4.

That is true but Ash does have Poipole that could return from its home world due to some friendship crap or whatever and help Ash with its battle!

Also, Ash unlike the other trainers in Alola has the luxury of calling Professor Oak for a Pokémon to help him out if they choose to go that route!

Gladion can always get Pokémon given to him for his full battle against Ash, especially a Pokémon from his team in the games hence why filling up Gladion’s team shouldn't be an issue!

Anyways we never knew what other Pokémon Ash's other rivals had with them (apart from their main Pokémon) until they were sent out to battle. So why would this time be any different?

It’s not like the writers have never randomly introduced or given certain Pokémon or moves to characters off-screen without explaining why or how it happened, if it means we get a full battle then I’m cool!

Paul used a completely different team of 6 in his Sinnoh League battle with Electivire being the only constant.. Alain only used Charizard and Metang against Ash before they met in the Kalos League, Sawyer only used 3 Pokémon and we only saw Cameron use 3 Pokémon with him before they had their full battle in Unova

I get why you would think that a full battle wouldn’t happen but I believe that it would be cheap for Alola to be the only region without a full battle

The match we’ve all been waiting for!!

I have a feeling that both trainers will use the maximum number of Pokémon that they possibly can use for this battle, just don’t think a league battle (especially a finals match) would be so short considering what’s at stake here!

I hope we can see a full battle but idk how Ash or Gladion will get 6 Pokémon on hand by the time this episode comes out, we’ll see what the writers decide to do here because if this episode is successful, then the Alola League ends on a high note even before the battle with Professor Kukui..

Gladion has: Umbreon, Zoroark, Lycanroc and Silvally while Ash has: Pikachu, Torracat, Rowlet, Lycanroc and Meltan, my question is will they bring some Pokémon back or battle each other with what they have?

It’s ironic that the only person that has 6 Pokémon with them is Lusamine and she didn’t even participate in this league.. lol

Attachments

• 8B152F9B-26DF-49E4-AC97-5F6E48B901A7.jpeg
    8B152F9B-26DF-49E4-AC97-5F6E48B901A7.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 114
That is true but Ash does have Poipole that could return from its home world due to some friendship crap or whatever and help Ash with its battle!

Also, Ash unlike the other trainers in Alola has the luxury of calling Professor Oak for a Pokémon to help him out if they choose to go that route!

Gladion can always get Pokémon given to him for his full battle against Ash, especially a Pokémon from his team in the games hence why filling up Gladion’s team shouldn't be an issue!

Anyways we never knew what other Pokémon Ash's other rivals had with them (apart from their main Pokémon) until they were sent out to battle. So why would this time be any different?

It’s not like the writers have never randomly introduced or given certain Pokémon or moves to characters off-screen without explaining why or how it happened, if it means we get a full battle then I’m cool!

Paul used a completely different team of 6 in his Sinnoh League battle with Electivire being the only constant.. Alain only used Charizard and Metang against Ash before they met in the Kalos League, Sawyer only used 3 Pokémon and we only saw Cameron use 3 Pokémon with him before they had their full battle in Unova

I get why you would think that a full battle wouldn’t happen but I believe that it would be cheap for Alola to be the only region without a full battle

We literally saw Gladion's entire team the episode right before the league. Aside from the Zoroark he obtained in that episode, Umbreon, Lycanroc, and Silvally are still all he's got.

We literally saw Gladion's entire team the episode right before the league. Aside from the Zoroark he obtained in that episode, Umbreon, Lycanroc, and Silvally are still all he's got.

Its a shame that Gladion, unlike most rivals didn't go around catching new Pokemon off-screen

It could still be potentially 5 vs 5 if they make it so that Gladion actually owns his Ride Noivern (which they very well could do, since there's nothing stopping them from doing it).

Oh God please no. If Gladion uses the Ride Noivern, then people are going to claim that Ash should use the Ride Garchomp like they did in the months leading up to the Alola league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom