• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God please no. If Gladion uses the Ride Noivern, then people are going to claim that Ash should use the Ride Garchomp like they did in the months leading up to the Alola league.
And he should.

We literally saw Gladion's entire team the episode right before the league. Aside from the Zoroark he obtained in that episode, Umbreon, Lycanroc, and Silvally are still all he's got.

Couldn't he have other Pokemon that were never featured before? I lost most of the SM saga and went back only for the league, so there could be stuff I'm missing here. In Satoshi's case, I see no reason why Bevenom wouldn't take the 6th spot (Like Numelgon did back in XY).

And he should.

Ash using a Pokemon that isn't his, hasn't spent much time interacting with, or even developed a major bond with.

Image result for laughing pokemon gif

Good luck with that Garchomp you speak of.

... Apparently as the writer managed to also anger the Japanese fans as much as we western ones , I am just amazed at how well they are creating a united front of anger on both sides of the pacifcs on both the main parts of the Pokemon fandom.

The games and the anime.

....I'd call it impressive in a terrible way.

And he should.

But why should he?

The guy has Poipole and a bunch of other other Pokémon at home he can use for his battle, that ride Garchomp isn’t actually his and is only used for Ultra Guardian missions, so if they’re going to bring a 6th Pokémon along then it should be one that he has a connection and history with..

Couldn't he have other Pokemon that were never featured before? I lost most of the SM saga and went back only for the league, so there could be stuff I'm missing here. In Satoshi's case, I see no reason why Bevenom wouldn't take the 6th spot (Like Numelgon did back in XY).

Well it’s possible or they could just give Gladion a few more random Pokémon like they do with most of his rivals to shock Ash because atm he only knows that Gladion has Umbreon, Silvally and Lycanroc..

If they were to have a full battle and Ash faces Zoroark and his other Pokémon, it forces him to think and find a strategy to beat them making and it gives the battle some excitement

We didn’t know Alain and Sawyer has these Pokémon till they were used in his full battle against Ash and Paul used a completely different team to the one that he used at Lake Acuity, only Electivire was constant

We saw Gladion introducing Zoroark to all of his Pokemon.

There's a whole month between September and November.

There's a whole month between September and November.

A month break in airing would not the oddest thing this series has provided, given it included the fun mental image of Ash crossdressing without underwear on....

A month break in airing would not the oddest thing this series has provided, given it included the fun mental image of Ash crossdressing without underwear on....

It still won't happen because of how much the franchise relies on the show for sales. A month break right before the release of a new generation would be the dumbest business decision ever.

... Apparently as the writer managed to also anger the Japanese fans as much as we western ones , I am just amazed at how well they are creating a united front of anger on both sides of the pacifcs on both the main parts of the Pokemon fandom.

The games and the anime.

....I'd call it impressive in a terrible way.

It's like they're competing to see which branch of the Pokemon franchise can piss off the most fans.

But I find it more humorous than genuinely aggravating lol. My expectations for this episode are pretty much the same as with every previous Alola league episode.

It still won't happen because of how much the franchise relies on the show for sales. A month break right before the release of a new generation would be the dumbest business decision ever.

There was a gap after Necrozma let us not forget.

It's like they're competing to see which branch of the Pokemon franchise can piss off the most fans.

But I find it more humorous than genuinely aggravating lol. My expectations for this episode are pretty much the same as with every previous Alola league episode.

....We can only hope they are at least listening to the home audience's annoyance.

....We can only hope they are at least listening to the home audience's annoyance.
Even if they did listen it would probably not change anything until the next series. Episodes may be released weekly, but they aren't produced in a week, I can assure that. I don't know how long exactly production cycles are for the anime, but they are definitely longer than a couple months. I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on preproduction for SwSh early episodes already.

May it be a two parter....
I say it's super likely. If Guzma vs. Ash is 1 and a half to 2 episodes long, it would only make sense for the finals to be at least that long.

If by some miracle Kiawe actually beat Gladion and this is Ash vs Kiawe, I bet everyone'll change their tune to "Ash is definitely winning".

Ash using a Pokemon that isn't his
Source needed. People said the same thing for Charizard and Shaymin...
hasn't spent much time interacting with
We see them many times together. You must mix it with Meltan, the pokémon he never interacted with. And he already used Meltan.
or even developed a major bond with.
False.

There is very few pokémon that bonded with him so closely and perfectly.
Also, you mix it again with Meltan. Again.
The guy has Poipole and a bunch of other other Pokémon at home he can use for his battle
I see no reason why Bevenom wouldn't take the 6th spot (Like Numelgon did back in XY).
  1. Poipole is in another dimension right now.
  2. Poipole had zero experience with battling and never used in a real battle.
  3. He catched it with a BB, so it was a temporary capture, like all other UBs.

Last edited:
Even if they did listen it would probably not change anything until the next series. Episodes may be released weekly, but they aren't produced in a week, I can assure that. I don't know how long exactly production cycles are for the anime, but they are definitely longer than a couple months. I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on preproduction for SwSh early episodes already.
Pretty sure we figured out from Ishizuka’s death a timeline of at least 6 months, so they’re probably waist-deep in SwSh production right now.

You have absolutely no idea how much I've wanted to rant about this episode during my two-day ban... And when I get back, most of my job has already been done for me... Sigh...
No... this isn’t possible... NOO...NO...

Are my eyes working properly? Who in the right mind allotted this episode to this man? I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Fujisaku has ruined the Alola league so far for me, and I don’t expect him to do a heel face turn.

Oh my god...
Lets hope this is a two parter and he isn't involved with the next part
Dear Arceus, what the hell is going on with the people in charge of the anime? Are they drinking to much? Or maybe they aren't drinking enough!
I agree with you all...
Arceus, help us all.
The only thing that can save this finale now is it being a two-parter and the second part having the best possible writers...
So I just realized the league is officially past 11 episodes. If this is a 2-parter, then it's going to be 12, and if we include the Masked Royal battle we might even get 14 if that's a 2-parter as well. Ooh boy.
Yup. This League is now officially the longest League ever, surpassing the Sinnoh League.

You have absolutely no idea how much I've wanted to rant about this episode during my two-day ban... And when I get back, most of my job has already been done for me... Sigh...

Two day ban, I never realized, welcome back

Yup. This League is now officially the longest League ever, surpassing the Sinnoh League.

I'm glad its long as it helps make up for the rushed battles early on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom