• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Gladion will win to keep the status quo in check, even if this league has been a bit more open than earlier ones. At least he's been given better treatment by the writers than Tobias, Cameron, and Alain. And even then, this would be the first time a league is won by an established character who at least did the trials the proper way instead of rushing them with an overpowered Darkrai or Charizard. Or a proper rival.

The writers appeared to have learned, but the clear word is "appeared" as if there's a terrible writer involved, this league battle might also go down the drain. Ash could win, but chances are, it would be another deus ex machina like SM133, setting off more outrage as fans will decry it as a repeat of the Unova League.

I still think Gladion will win to keep the status quo in check, even if this league has been a bit more open than earlier ones. At least he's been given better treatment by the writers than Tobias, Cameron, and Alain. And even then, this would be the first time a league is won by an established character who at least did the trials the proper way instead of rushing them with an overpowered Darkrai or Charizard. Or a proper rival.

The writers appeared to have learned, but the clear word is "appeared" as if there's a terrible writer involved, this league battle might also go down the drain. Ash could win, but chances are, it would be another deus ex machina like SM133, setting off more outrage as fans will decry it as a repeat of the Unova League.

Given I heard someone saying that there more G.F involvement, that could make Ash winning more likely if true....though that is among accusations of Game Freak hating the competitve, hating Pokemon, and Masuda having the sexual appetite of Abridged Alucard so.....who knows really.

Given I heard someone saying that there more G.F involvement, that could make Ash winning more likely if true....though that is among accusations of Game Freak hating the competitve, hating Pokemon, and Masuda having the sexual appetite of Abridged Alucard so.....who knows really.
Probably someone angry with GF for the dex cut in SwSh spreading unconfirmed and unflattering rumors. Unless there's a creditable source, we shouldn't consider GF taking more direct control of the anime as fact.

Well, Gladion certainly hasn’t been given better treatment compare to Alain. Alain had an entire side series revolving around him while Gladion barely appears.
Gladion didn't rush through Alola to qualify for the league if it means the writers had someone take the league victory from Ash, whether it makes sense or not. Even this this league didn't need it.

Last edited:
Probably someone angry with GF for the dex cut in SwSh spreading unconfirmed and unflattering rumors. Unless there's a creditable source, we shouldn't consider GF taking more direct control of the anime as fact.

Might have been Poke Co....I can't keep track of the madness.

Well, Gladion certainly hasn’t been given better treatment compare to Alain. Alain had an entire side series revolving around him while Gladion barely appears.

Episodd 27, 37, 44, 47-55, then off for training and experience gaining till 87-90, then back for 105 and 108, then the 120's for the league.

....So during the two slower periods he vanished off....

Episodd 27, 37, 44, 47-55, then off for training and experience gaining till 87-90, then back for 105 and 108, then the 120's for the league.

....So during the two slower periods he vanished off....
Except for Lunala's Z-Move, he barley gets focus n the Necrozma arc. He might’ve appeared in more episodes but I'm pretty confident Alain has much more screentime.

Then again, Alain only got that side series BECAUSE they didn't have time to develop his character in the series proper, as stated an interview with the series director.

Then again, Alain only got that side series BECAUSE they didn't have time to develop his character in the series proper, as stated an interview with the series director.
Yeah, but they did compensate for screentime using the side series, which ended up giving him more screentime than Gladion.

Just please tell me that the TRio isn't going to attack the League with a mecha and that's what makes it stop.

Then again, I guess a crappy League deserves a crappy ending...

Y'know I'd actually cackle if TRio interrupt this battle. It's the kind of thing that they'd do and if Guzma ain't gonna stir **** anymore, then might as well have TRio get that honor.

Indigo league sweetie, I'm so sorry...

That rumor is probably fake anyways.
Yeah, but still, we know the TRio are planning on attacking and stealing the mons (probably after the finals). I can see Guzma beating them up out of newfound respect for Ash (or wanting to see how things play out 'til the end)

Just please tell me that the TRio isn't going to attack the League with a mecha and that's what makes it stop.

Or since the Meltan are coming, they devour Team Rocket's merch before merging into Melmetal.

Y'know I'd actually cackle if TRio interrupt this battle. It's the kind of thing that they'd do and if Guzma ain't gonna stir **** anymore, then might as well have TRio get that honor.

Indigo league sweetie, I'm so sorry...

The Unova League is/remains the worst IMO, The Alola League is not bad, it's decent so far (haters gonna hate) and in my view it is about to surpass the Hoenn League, the top 3 of Johto, Kalos and Sinnoh will be hard to tumble them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom