• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Badly phrased, but that was what I was going for: that the Sub Version was edited by the dub to remove alcohol hints

More like 'hold my sake'.

Why does this episode still not have a summary? I want to know which Pokemon Ash is using first in his battle with Gladion unless we get trolled and this is actually Gladion versus Guzma.

...Hey I'd be all up for them wanting to surprise the audience for a change: perhaps it is actually going to be six on six and we see some Gladion game mons or old Ash mons.

(Then again maybe they really, really, REALLY don't want to set the internet on fire again....)

But, Ash does not have a full team.

I said Old Ash Mons. Kukui is hardly unaware Ash can phone home for them. Even if he'd probably have to remind SM Ash to do so.

...Oh I can't wait for Ash to regenerate into SWSH Ash.

I said Old Ash Mons. Kukui is hardly unaware Ash can phone home for them. Even if he'd probably have to remind SM Ash to do so.
Not to mention that he has already phoned Oak quite a few times, though then again, Gladion doesn't even have 6 pokemon himself (we see him sending out his whole team in the post-credits scene of the Zoroark episode, and that was literally right before the league)

Not to mention that he has already phoned Oak quite a few times, though then again, Gladion doesn't even have 6 pokemon himself (we see him sending out his whole team in the post-credits scene of the Zoroark episode, and that was literally right before the league)
Yeah, and I think he will use Zoroark for the finals of the Alola League while surprising Lusamine and Lillie that he found Mohn's Pokemon.

Also, I know that you love Team Rocket and don’t like how Matsui treated them in the league episode she wrote, but you have to admit that the battle against Decidueye was his worst battle since the Elesa gym battle in BW. She might’ve written the 2nd worst league episode, but DEFINITELY not the worst.
I agree that Mokuroh vs Junaiper was Satoshi's worst battle in a long long time. I query, however, whether that battle was worse than Musashi vs Kojiro, and I certainly don't believe that the episode as a whole was worse. At least Satoshi vs Hau had some suspense and emotional payoff for Hau in the end. None of the battles in Matsui's QFs episode had anything going for them. It was just a really boring episode.

Boy, I can't wait for Gladion to throw the League just for the sake of seeing Pikachu's Super-de-Duper Z-Move

He can completely shut Pikachu down with Ground-Silvally, which means he's not going to do that since the only reason he's in the league is to see the Pikachu-Z

Can't believe Ash's first official League victory is just handed to him

Boy, I can't wait for Gladion to throw the League just for the sake of seeing Pikachu's Super-de-Duper Z-Move

He can completely shut Pikachu down with Ground-Silvally, which means he's not going to do that since the only reason he's in the league is to see the Pikachu-Z

Can't believe Ash's first official League victory is just handed to him
We don't know that yet. Don't get pessimistic ahead of time. The second part can still at least somewhat salvage the League finale.

Well its kinda hard to be worst than the Unova league.
I dunno,m. Sure Unova was bad but that mainly had to do with Cameron and the fact that the writers had the genius idea to throw a filler in the middle of it. It at least still felt like a league unlike this one that to call it a league is an insult to other leagues especially with there being zero standards for who competed.

Hmmmm, it looks like Ash will have one last surprise to turn the tide in his favor at the finals...
Rtpec5N.jpg

Hmmmm, it looks like Ash will have one last surprise to turn the tide in his favor at the finals...
Rtpec5N.jpg
I mean, this was kind of obvious. And thank fuck that the evolution will happen in a better way than the "leak" that some people described a while back.

Where is the evolution happening? Is it mid-battle?

I hope Rowlet doesn’t get to participate in the finals.
Based on the Melmetal image, I don't think it'll be happening mid-battle. Perhaps it's happening on the night before the finals?

Imagine Ash's face if Meltan evolved without him knowing, and when he sends it out, it turns out to be Melmetal instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom