• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the Melmetal image, I don't think it'll be happening mid-battle. Perhaps it's happening on the night before the finals?

Imagine Ash's face if Meltan evolved without him knowing, and when he sends it out, it turns out to be Melmetal instead.
It clearly seems to be daytime or a lighted area, though, (based from the multiple Meltan image, since that’s much more accurate than the Melmetal one. It could’ve been taken any time after Evolution) and the ground is same (or pretty similar) as that of the league

It clearly seems to be daytime or a lighted area, though, (based from the multiple Meltan image, since that’s much more accurate than the Melmetal one. It could’ve been taken any time after Evolution) and the ground is same (or pretty similar) as that of the league
Look at the Melmetal image. Doesn't look too bright to me. And the lighting on the ground could just be the result of all those sparks in between the Meltan, we can't be sure at which time of day that image takes place. And even if it was the stadium, who's to say the Meltan won't meet at the stadium during the night and evolve there?

Look at the Melmetal image. Doesn't look too bright to me.
That image could’ve been taken any time after evolution. The key image is one where Meltan are sharing electricity and actually combining. I mentioned that in my previous post. And even if we consider the lightning a factor, the colour is way too similar to the league ground. No other place has that texture and colour of the ground.
who's to say the Meltan won't meet at the stadium during the night and evolve there?
Because it clearly isn’t nighttime when the Meltan are together and combining.

I'm just stating the facts. The only other place that even has a case for it is the beach, but beaches in Alola don’t have giant flat, uniform crowd-less areas.

I sincerely hope Meltan isn’t evolving at the league because that's still possible...Specially since the writer happens to be a fan of Deux Ex Machinas...

That gives me mixed feelings as it would be Ash's first evolved during a league since Kingler (Cyndaquil evolved just before the league)

That gives me mixed feelings as it would be Ash's first evolved during a league since Kingler (Cyndaquil evolved just before the league)
It’s different from the usual league evolutions since it’s pretty deliberate and plot device-y to collect all Meltan and evolve right in the middle of a battle, specially since a match up is 1 vs 1. It’s like someone throwing a Shellder at their Slowpoke with a king's rock mid-battle, or throwing an evolution stone to their Pokémon.

Where is the evolution happening? Is it mid-battle?

I hope Rowlet doesn’t get to participate in the finals.
What I assume is that TRio will try to enact their plan before the finals and that is where Meltan will come in to stop them, presumably because the other Meltan get nabbed as well. That image with the evolution seems bright because... well I assume it's those sparks connecting the Meltan and the usual pre-evolution glow. The image with the Melmetal seems to be in some dark warehouse like area rather than the stadium.

Hope this is indeed the case so that the actual finals will be around 5 minutes at most near the end of the episode. Don't want Fujisaku ruining it.

What I assume is that TRio will try to enact their plan before the finals and that is where Meltan will come in to stop them, presumably because the other Meltan get nabbed as well. That image with the evolution seems bright because... well I assume it's those sparks connecting the Meltan and the usual pre-evolution glow. The image with the Melmetal seems to be in some dark warehouse like area rather than the stadium.
/QUOTE]

Something I'm not looking forward to seeing, Team Flare interfering at the end of the Kalos league was great as they are more serious than Team Rocket, I just hope Bewear arrives before they can interfere

What do u think it’s about

The translation is literally right there:

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 新城真 (Makoto Shinjō)

That's the only part of the scan that corresponds with this episode. :rolleyes:

Looks like the rumor that says that Meltan evolves into Melmetal, Ash wins the league, and TR interrupts it is in fact real.

Meltan evolving was inevitable, so no bonus points for any "leak" that predicted that. Also, what would be point of Team Rocket interrupting the league after Ash wins?

I sincerely hope Meltan isn’t evolving at the league because that's still possible...Specially since the writer happens to be a fan of Deux Ex Machinas...
It will definitely evolve before the finals, so it's going to be a Deux Ex Machina regardless of the exact timing. Ash will have no part in the evolution or have time to train Melmetal.

Looks like the rumor that says that Meltan evolves into Melmetal, Ash wins the league, and TR interrupts it is in fact real.

Attachments

• 25206852-2249-40D8-87AB-1C8DB151BED2.jpeg
    25206852-2249-40D8-87AB-1C8DB151BED2.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 124
It will definitely evolve before the finals, so it's going to be a Deux Ex Machina regardless of the exact timing. Ash will have no part in the evolution or have time to train Melmetal.
The factor will just become more infuriating if Meltan summons its friends and evolves right in the middle of the battle, though.
So the Deux ex machina-ness will just increase if the evolution happens in the league battle, not to mention the legality of calling several Meltan to help in the middle of the battle to grow stronger.

Uh, Meltan's evolution was obvious, so was TRio's interruption but nowhere does it confirm that nonsensical rumor's legitimacy. For all proper intentions, the interruption happens before the finals along with the evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom