• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM138: The Finals! The Strongest Rival Showdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how suddenly evolutions are DEM all of a sudden as if its a mechanic that the anime suddenly introduced.

As opposed to a Pokemon evolving before a battle, and then being used in said battle, thus wouldn't be DEM.

Otherwise stone evolution Pokemon would be cheap in battle.

especially given the writer's past history

I'm terrified he'll have the TRio attack in that mecha they've been setting up and the characters go "Team Rocket attacked, so now we'll have to stop the League!" :eek:
Yes, I DO think he'd stoop that low.

I'm terrified he'll have the TRio attack in that mecha they've been setting up and the characters go "Team Rocket attacked, so now we'll have to stop the League!" :eek:
Yes, I DO think he'd stoop that low.

Well the Alola league looks set to be as bad, if not worse than the Kanto and Unova league, it had potential which got wasted

Well the Alola league looks set to be as bad, if not worse than the Kanto and Unova league, it had potential which got wasted
Kanto wasn't bad, it was just a starter league... a stepping stone. They improved upon that formula in the subsequent leagues.

Unova though, no excuse. It's still the worst till date. If Fujisaku writes the Alola final's second part and botches it, then it might be worse than Unova.

This is how I wish the finals will go:
Meltan evolves the previous night and Ash helps him test out his moves and get accustomed to his new body (I want next week's ep to be padded so much that the finals only begin at the last 4-ish minutes to reduce the chance of hewhoshallnotbenamed pulling some BS that will make Ash vs Hau look tame)
If it's a 4v4:
Rowlet/Torracat vs Umbreon->Rowlet/Torracat
"Silvally" vs Torracat/Rowlet->Illusion broken but Zoroark wins
Pikachu vs Zoroark->Pikachu gives and takes some damage and is swapped
Melmetal vs Zoroark->Melmetal
Nightroc vs Duskroc->Duskroc
Silvally vs Duskroc->Silvally
Silvally vs Melmetal->Silvally (Fire)
Silvally (fire) vs Pikachu->Pikachu (10mv?)

If 3v3, it should go like this:
Duskroc vs Nightroc->Duskroc
Duskroc vs "Silvally"->Illusion broken, Duskroc swapped
Zoroark vs Melmetal->Melmetal
Duskroc vs Silvally->Silvally
Silvally vs Melmetal->Silvally (fire)
Silvally (fire) vs Pikachu->Pikachu

I'm fairly confident on either of those happening, though Silvally would win against Pikachu somehow

Should it be worrying that Tomioka and Iwane (the best in their respective categories) have only worked on three episode during the entirety of SM? (SM015, SM078, SM120)

I still hold onto a pipe dream that both of them work together on the second part of the finals to end the league on a high note. If it's Fujisucker then I'll most definitely avoid watching till SwSh comes out (and probably even avoid that if it continues down the SM road).

Should it be worrying that Tomioka and Iwane (the best in their respective categories) have only worked on three episode during the entirety of SM? (SM015, SM078, SM120)

I still hold onto a pipe dream that both of them work together on the second part of the finals to end the league on a high note. If it's Fujisucker then I'll most definitely avoid watching till SwSh comes out (and probably even avoid that if it continues down the SM road).
They've worked on many episodes, unless you mean together (in which case you'd also be wrong, as they also worked on SM21, not to mention times where Iwane did key animation in Tomioka episodes even if he wasn't the animation director, like in SM47 and SM63). I don't expect Iwane to appear in the finals (he tends to do episodes every 5-7 eps), and I've long given up hope for Tomioka to save the day, let's hope someone like Omode or Yonemura handles the (hypothetical) second part with Ohashi or Yasuda for the animation (at least key animation if they're not the animation directors)

I've seen comments and concerns otherwise, but I'm 100% sure the final battle with Gladion will be a two-parter; they aren't going to fit the full 3v3 with the introduction of Melmetal in one episode.
Considering this league's track record, it's probable that the first half of the battle will be showcased in SM137.

Very disappointed and sad to accept the fact that the Squadron will most certainly not debut in this series.

Considering this league's track record, it's probable that the first half of the battle will be showcased in SM137.
Nah, most likely the latter half of SM137 will deal with the enmity between Kukui and Guzma. And there's also the Melmetal evolution that looks like it happens in a dark area. According to the poster, it'll be Melmetal who battles against Gladion so it need to happen the night before the finals.

It's too short to conclude Guzma problem.
I doubt it. The Gladion vs. Kiawe endgame was supposed to be short yet it and the rest of the fillers along with it took almost half the episode.

No doubt they'll find some way to do the same. Doesn't make sense to start the finals in an episode with Guzma's name written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom